Gardening for Victory!

Hi everyone!
I recently decided to make myself a blog on here, partly because it will help me keep track of what I'm doing on RS, and partly after spending so many hours reading the blogs already on here. :)

[spoiler=About Me]I am 21 years old and currently studying medicine in the UK.
I started playing RS the week farming came out (around June/July 2005) but took a long break. After coming back to a changed game, I started playing regularly again around April 2011.

Thank you for reading my blog, and any suggestions/feedback would be much appreciated :D I will be slowly improving this blog by adding photos etc, I just fancied getting it started first!

I will be playing and posting quite irregularly, depending on how much time I have :)

A Post by A Draggle

Do some barrows! It's fun!

Basically, you want Drakens Medallion and Ardy Cloak 1+

Kill Barrows brothers, praying for every brother (polypore staff is good, but other attacks work fine)

Once you open the chest, ardy cloak to monastery, recharge pray, medallion back to barrows!

Every 7-8 chests, tele to Burgh and recharge medallion.

Good luck, do it now, I command you, good fight, you have to do it, I'm an EOE admin, I'm the boss, I'm light blue coloured, do as your told, kthxbai.

Draggle

<3:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Yay Gard has a blog :D also the tip.it MH guides have a great frosts guide if you want to try that :)

I'll be checking back on progress, looks good though! More pictures! :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

More pictures, yeah! Nice blog start though. :)

All the best on your goals.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

First :)

Good luck with your goals!

I like that you're saving effigies hehe. Trust me, you'll be glad you did later :wink:

Also, I can help you out with a frost setup when I get home that should help out well at your level.

Thanks! I've seen your blog, and it did make me think about saving effigies :) and that would be really useful, most setups I've seen assume Overloads/SS/Yak, which is quite far out of my league :P

A Post by A Draggle

Do some barrows! It's fun!

Basically, you want Drakens Medallion and Ardy Cloak 1+

Kill Barrows brothers, praying for every brother (polypore staff is good, but other attacks work fine)

Once you open the chest, ardy cloak to monastery, recharge pray, medallion back to barrows!

Every 7-8 chests, tele to Burgh and recharge medallion.

Good luck, do it now, I command you, good fight, you have to do it, I'm an EOE admin, I'm the boss, I'm light blue coloured, do as your told, kthxbai.

Draggle

<3:

Thanks Draggle! I might try that too, if I'm honest I've only done Barrows once, and that was for a quest... :oops:

Yay Gard has a blog :D also the tip.it MH guides have a great frosts guide if you want to try that :)

I'll be checking back on progress, looks good though! More pictures! :D

Thanks Dan, I am in the process of adding more pictures :D

More pictures, yeah! Nice blog start though. :)

All the best on your goals.

More pictures will be coming :) but thanks!

Got quite a bit achieved, got 2 mining rocks, 1 RC and 1 hunter, leaving just 1 hunter rock to get this week. I caught all jadinkos this week too, getting me my 4th witchdoctor top - still looking for a placeholder for the bottom >.>

[spoiler=Yet another witchdoctor top...]120128154147.png

However, used the vines to make some more potions, boosting my stock of Hunter, Fishing, Farming and Mining pots :)

I also decided to do some cooking, getting me these levels:

[spoiler=90 Cooking]120128013256.png

120128142634.png

Then I thought I would use up the remainder of my Hati charges on stringing amulets, getting a level and 48m counter exp...

[spoiler=90 Magic, 48m on tracker]120128164310.png

120128164447.png

All in all, a pretty productive day! Tomorrow I will collect MTK, get that last hunter rock for the week and probably work on some C2 dungeons (which should get me 86 DG, just 3.6k to level :P)

Today I got 86 DG (no picture) while doing some C2 floors and 77 Thieving. I'm not finding PP to be very good exp, am I doing it wrong? :S

120129191324.png

I also got my last strange rock for the week (hunter), meaning I can finish the statue tomorrow and start again! :D Tomorrow I will also be able to do another Court Case (Evil Dave vs People) :)

In getting hunter rocks this week, I boosted my stack of marble vines to 290, which is equivalent to 4350 herb seeds' worth of Juju potions (not including the bonus from SOC or the 190 4-dose potions I have banked!) :o I doubt I'll ever use them all up, but I wouldn't ever want to run out :P aside from trying to get a placeholder for Witchdoctor legs, that'll be the last time I hunt non-Draconics for a long while I think.

I also decided to burn some vyres, as I had the corpses taking up bank space. I burnt a total of 183 corpses, bringing me to a total of 383 so far - not many to go!

The result was 6.4M of loot... not bad! :P

120129211726.png

Zammy page? :blink:

WHY DONT I KEEP CORPSES? :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't know, maybe you should :P I have to say though, that was the most profitable drop I've ever had if that makes you feel better!

*Feels better*

I'm rich enough to not really go "OMG 5M I'm rich" However that would make a nice addition. helping out my pure a lil bit. :3

Note to self: Pick up vyre drops next task.

How much do they stack btw? Is it X/ bank space, or is there X types? Or am I thinking badly? :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't know, maybe you should :P I have to say though, that was the most profitable drop I've ever had if that makes you feel better!

*Feels better*

I'm rich enough to not really go "OMG 5M I'm rich" However that would make a nice addition. helping out my pure a lil bit. :3

Note to self: Pick up vyre drops next task.

How much do they stack btw? Is it X/ bank space, or is there X types? Or am I thinking badly? :unsure:

There are X types - I did a task of 100-odd and got 6 different stacks. Not great for bank space, but if you're a bit obsessive with keeping your bank clear (me) then you'll be fine :P

Hai. Hope you accomplish your goals. If you ever need Bandos lend, let me know. (:

Thanks! :D

I didn't really have much time on RS today, but I finished my statue (number 13) and started collecting rocks again: sitting on 2 cooking, 2 smithing, 1 crafting, 1 RC so far. Tomorrow, between wicked hood and JOT, I will get 79 RC :)

I'm still looking for a decent way to train Thieving, I think I might be doing PP wrong...

I also completed the EVIL DAVE Court case:

120130191634.png

After opening caskets, I got the Miss Schism case, which I will do in a fortnight.

I also did 3 quick dungeons, getting me about 140k exp - I'll need to reset soon, probably before getting to floor 44 :( with that in mind though, I'm not far from my next DG goal (Thunderous floors)!

I really hope I am improving somewhat as a dungeoneer...I don't like the feeling of holding the others in the floor back.

EDIT: As I wrote this, I got my second crafting rock... :)

I played for a bit today, enough time to get 1 RC, 1 WC, 1 farming, 1 herblore, 2 fletching and 2 agility rocks. In the process of getting my agility rocks, I hit 125 agility laps done at Gnome Advanced (half-way to Agile legs, woo!) and this level:

120201201423.png

Then after Wicked Hood and JOAT, I got 79 RC:

120201191608.png

Between Troll Invasion, Wicked Hood and JOAT I should hopefully get 80 in a few weeks :)

I went to explore the Troll Warzone area after the update; I really like the feel it has, though some of the tasks are a bit annoying. I completed the new quest to keep my Quest Cape:

120201215835.png

Haven't really got much else to report! :)

I've been mostly trying to finish off my strange rocks for this week today: 1 WC, 2 firemaking, 2 fishing, 1 mining, 2 thieving and 2 hunter, leaving 1 mining and 2 construction to get :)

For the 5th week in a row, I've got Witchdoctor top from Herblore Habitat - quite irritating, all I want is a placeholder for the bottoms! I did get some more vines though (which I will save for a while - I can then use the 10% boost from Guthix's Favour to its full effect) and hunter exp, leaving me 60k from 82.

I am running short on vine herb seeds - only 1 samaden and 1 erzille, so hopefully doing a bit more hunting will get me a few more samaden/ugune <3

I also did a couple of dungeons. I'm not sure what my next purchase should be - I have ASN and rapier, what else could I need?

I didn't realize that your name referred to a rock garden. :razz: Congratulations on all of the strange rocks you've been gathering, as well as your recent levels.

I also really like your idea of all of the little icons in your initial post. Nice work on this blog.

I didn't realize that your name referred to a rock garden. :razz: Congratulations on all of the strange rocks you've been gathering, as well as your recent levels.

I also really like your idea of all of the little icons in your initial post. Nice work on this blog.

Haha, thanks! Speaking of which, finished with my strange rocks for the week! Can't start collecting again til Monday.

Today I bought some green dragon leather and made bodies for 85 Crafting:

120203212206.png

I might get 86 in the next few days, so then I can boost for the flasks that were mentioned in February's BTS. I'll also have to get about 50k mining exp.

I also got 87 firemaking in the Jadinko Lair:

120203220208.png

And then I finished off my task of bloodveld to get this:

120203235129.png

I think I'm probably done with combat for a while - I want to focus on my other skills, and maybe access extremes (at the very least) before starting to slay 'seriously'. My current task is vyres, which will allow me to max my flail!

I might buy some Ganodermic and try PPSing the Fight Caves - any ideas on this?

I am currently doing a bit of fletching to pass the time, in between farm runs of course. I bought the Greenfingers aura, with a mind to upgrade it next month - so far, it seems worth the points! :D

Phenomenal blog! Inspired me to branch out in me runescape life :P I usually do slayer all the time... lol

Ah, thanks! The variety of things to do is what I like about RS :P

I haven't been on much at all this week - a combination of being ill, maintaining a social life and having tons and tons of work really restricted my play time. My workload will probably mean I focus on the more AFKable skills for the coming few weeks, until the Easter break.

However, I did manage to gather all the rocks this week, as well as do penguins, HH (finally got a placeholder for witchdoctor legs!) and the circus. I've only gained 3 levels (2 of which I forgot to screenshot...): 81 mining, 86 woodcutting and 86 herblore:

120212220247.png

As you can see, that last one also got me 2100 total :D I have come quite far from 100 levels ago it seems!

Court Case tomorrow and completing my 15th statue - half way there! I should also be able to get 80 RC this week between wicked hood, JOAT, Troll Invasion and penguins...

Stop leveling so much ¬.¬

Haha, you will be pleased to know... 0 levels today! I completed the statue (15 done so far - half way there!) and did my final Court Case (Miss Schism).

120213171449.png

I'm quite sad I've finished them now - they were fun to do every couple of weeks or so. Today I gathered some rocks (surprise) and did a bit of cooking and some smithing/crafting; 18k from 87 smithing atm, not that getting a level will serve any real purpose :P I was just close to it.

I doubt I will have a chance to play tomorrow, so plans for the rest of the week are:

• 80 RC (hopefully)
  • Finish my C1s and start DGing again properly!
  • Do a bit of WC/fletching/cooking/fishing

So...that's all, folks! :)

Completed the new quest (and nabbed the Early Bird bonus) - with the rewards I got 84 Ranged, and am just 30k from 82 Agility and ~150k from 91 Magic.

I got a few levels today, namely 80 RC from Troll Invasion and penguins, leaving 3 Thieving levels until 80+ all skills! :) I also got 87 Smithing, 88 Firemaking, and 91 Cooking.

[spoiler=Loads of pictures!]

120215155844.png

120215180327.png

120215172409.png

120215172241.png

120215212440.png

I don't really agree with Jagex's decision to nerf effigies the way they did; as such, I have removed the 'Effigies' section of my first post as collecting them will be more difficult, and I will have to find some assists now.

• 4 weeks later...

So.. a long time since any posts, or even any worthwhile RS activity!

I had what you could call a 'mid-week breakdown', and completely cleared my bank (excluding DG rewards and untradeables that were a pain to remove - I'm looking at you, 6k Serums).

But now I'm back (to normal) and should be playing properly after this next week, which unfortunately is crammed with deadlines.

I haven't really achieved much of note in the past couple of weeks, apart from a level here and there. When I have had time to play, I've been farming snaps, doing HH to reobtain my witchdoctor gear and collecting desert phoenix feathers for BXPW.

On the subject of BXPW, I didn't really think about 'preparing' as such, so it looks like I'll make as many Super Antifires as I have time to collect feathers for (currently doing around 110/day, using up my Dominion teleports), then some construction (I have ~3.8k oak planks, don't know how far they will get me - maybe 82?) and then probably something dull like Thieving (my last sub-80 skill). If there are any floors on, I might do a few for the last bits of bonus exp.

I have been slacking with rocks as well, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon, currently completed 16 weeks.

That's all for now, I might try and think of some proper goals to post on the main page - they will most likely be skilling-related, as I may have sold all my combat gear... :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Long time no update!

I wasn't very prepared for BXPW due to a lot of work and celebrating in the preceding week, and the fact that I was travelling home over the weekend. However, I still managed to get 85-90 Herblore (meaning I have a nice stack of extremes for when I start slaying), 83 construction, 79 Thieving and 90 FM.

I also completed the Seers Elite diary, and am very excited for the Morytania diary (hopefully) coming next week!

My gameplay doesn't really seem to have much of a direction atm; I'm putting off getting that last Thieving level because I find PP quite tiresome and dull. Instead, I'm collecting strange rocks (managed to collect most of last week's yesterday, and all of this week's today...yeah...) and getting the odd level here and there.

I've decided to stop collecting Erzille, Argway and Shengo seeds; I have far more unfinished potions than I have patience to collect corrupt/shadow vines, but I might as well keep them. When I next get some Samaden, I will hopefully be able to bolster my Zamorak Favour stocks too - about 90 vines saved up. :)

I don't really have much other news... so here's a picture of me getting 90 Herblore:

120317152550.png