Guest Rob

Watched it while it was up.

The first episode was fantastic. If you haven't seen the original series, you probably need to. It's filled with a ton of references to the original.

So what part of the show are you guys most interested in? The training of the Avatar, the anti-bender revolt, or the Triple Threat Mafia?

I like the Triple Threat Mafia issue best but they had better not be some joke thugs. I want them raiding the air temple island attempting to kill Tenzin and his family or something big like that.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

So what part of the show are you guys most interested in? The training of the Avatar, the anti-bender revolt, or the Triple Threat Mafia?

I like the Triple Threat Mafia issue best but they had better not be some joke thugs. I want them raiding the air temple island attempting to kill Tenzin and his family or something big like that.

I am interested in the anti-bender revolt because it seems to show that they want to abandon the traditions of "bending" to move onto the more modern setting that is being set up. Granted, I might be looking too into it but seeing how the whole spinoff looks modernized, they fit in rather perfectly.

I am hardly interested in the Avatar at all compared to the political strife occurring, which might be what makes the anti-benders the most appealing aspect to me.

There really isn't much training to be done, seeing as she has a good grasp on 3 of the elements already.

I'm more interested in the revolt and finding out if there are anymore subsets of bending ie metalbending.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

I am interested in the anti-bender revolt because it seems to show that they want to abandon the traditions of "bending" to move onto the more modern setting that is being set up. Granted, I might be looking too into it but seeing how the whole spinoff looks modernized, they fit in rather perfectly.

I am hardly interested in the Avatar at all compared to the political strife occurring, which might be what makes the anti-benders the most appealing aspect to me.

I don't think they want to "abandon" the traditions of bending so much as wanting to give non-benders the chance at a good life. How many non-benders weren't portrayed as peasants or servants in TLA? I can only think of one.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I don't think they want to "abandon" the traditions of bending so much as wanting to give non-benders the chance at a good life. How many non-benders weren't portrayed as peasants or servants in TLA? I can only think of one.

Come to think of it, I think the only ones that weren't shown as peasants or struggling to make ends meet were nobles and a large portion were jerks or evil to some degree, and there wasn't much middle ground unless you counted the head of the Northern Water Tribe (minding that the society at the time was a bit sexist to the idea of females using waterbending for combat). I will need to re-watch the TLA to count how many "normals" were living decent lives but were nice or decent in personality.

Come to think of it, I think the only ones that weren't shown as peasants or struggling to make ends meet were nobles and a large portion were jerks or evil to some degree, and there wasn't much middle ground unless you counted the head of the Northern Water Tribe (minding that the society at the time was a bit sexist to the idea of females using waterbending for combat). I will need to re-watch the TLA to count how many "normals" were living decent lives but were nice or decent in personality.

Off the top of my head:

Fire Nation: Ti-Lee, Mai

Earth Kingdom: Earth King, Toph's parents, the Guru, Kyoshi Warriors,

Water Tribe: All of the southern water tribe (Aside from Hama and Katara), and many royals in the northern water tribe

Other: Jet and the freedom fighters

You could also count non-major characters who weren't mentioned/appeared briefly, although the show didn't ever state that they weren't benders at all.

Off the top of my head:

Fire Nation: Ti-Lee, Mai

Earth Kingdom: Earth King, Toph's parents, the Guru, Kyoshi Warriors,

Water Tribe: All of the southern water tribe (Aside from Hama and Katara), and many royals in the northern water tribe

Other: Jet and the freedom fighters

You could also count non-major characters who weren't mentioned/appeared briefly, although the show didn't ever state that they weren't benders at all.

Also Lo and Li, Azula's advisors.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Leaked episode was awesome. Has me hyped for the rest. Damn Tenzin's other daughter.

Daughter 1: CAN WE HEAR ABOUT ZUKO'S MUM?

Katara: Sure, pretty cool sto-

Daughter 2: NO LET'S DO SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD.

Damn her, but I suppose we'll hear the tale later on. Shall be awesome to see how everyone else's families went.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just watched the first episode. I loved some of the subtle references to TLAB (Aang's child name is Bumi, the man in the bush had the same appearence as Dock/Xu). As small as they were they added quite a bit to the episode, and I hope that they keep appearing throughout the series. I'm really excited for this series now and I hope that the other episodes are of the same quality as this!

@Dax: that's being told in the fourth season of The Last Airbender, which is only available as a comic/graphic novel.

The first two episodes are (legally) online here: http://www.korranation.com/

Episode 2 was even better than episode 1 in my opinion.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I was really happy with episode two. If the episodes can be this consistent then I think this could be better than The Last Airbender. Korra seems like a very likeable character so far and the plot has a lot of potential right now.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed there hasn't been a post here in awhile, but I have one thing to say about Episode 3 today.

Jesus Christ, Amon. How can someone with no powers be scarier than Ozai? :shock:

Did episode 3 only air yesterday? Bit confused as it seems like I haven't watched this for quite a while yet only missed one episode?

And yes, Amon is WAY scarier than Ozai. I can only say I'm really happy with the way this series is going, with darker tones and a more serious plot that also makes the villains more than just villains.

I noticed there hasn't been a post here in awhile, but I have one thing to say about Episode 3 today.

Jesus Christ, Amon. How can someone with no powers be scarier than Ozai? :shock:

Did episode 3 only air yesterday? Bit confused as it seems like I haven't watched this for quite a while yet only missed one episode?

And yes, Amon is WAY scarier than Ozai. I can only say I'm really happy with the way this series is going, with darker tones and a more serious plot that also makes the villains more than just villains.

Aang only found out HOW to take someone's powers away when he was in spirit form while on the Lion Turtle.

This brings up an extremely controversy on how Amon is able to. Especially regarding it being an Avatar only ability.

IMHO. I think he's just blocking their Chi for a long time. [They are Chi blockers :P]. Though, I don't know how the show will progress now. Considering Korra is on the run from Amon and his gang.

It aired at 11 am yesterday on Nick.

Aang only found out HOW to take someone's powers away when he was in spirit form while on the Lion Turtle.

This brings up an extremely controversy on how Amon is able to. Especially regarding it being an Avatar only ability.

IMHO. I think he's just blocking their Chi for a long time. [They are Chi blockers :P]. Though, I don't know how the show will progress now. Considering Korra is on the run from Amon and his gang.

I think it's more than just long chi blocking. Amon said he got these powers from the spirits, and there is some sense in that.

Usually, it's the avatar that's the bond between normal world and spirit world. It would be quite likely he gets his powers from the spirits. If Amon indeed has such powers, that makes his claim that he got it from the spirits not unlikely.

The avatar also is supposed to bring balance to world, and again Amon kind of has a point - there is quite the obvious disparity between benders and non-benders.

Now, I don't see how Korra was supposed to do something against this, so I'm not too sure about this "the avatar has failed the world, so the spirits gave me this power", but on the other hand she's been pretty secluded and enjoyed all the advantages that her special status gave her. That doesn't exactly make her the ideal person to resolve those issues.

I'm not quite sure what to think about this Amon. On one hand he seems to be quite serious about his powers and I think there's more to this than just some trick...but on the other hand I don't see why the spirits would choose him as an "avatar replacement"