Guest Rob

Just watched Ep 10 of Book 3.

Zaheer basically killed the Earth Queen by using airbending to suffocate her. Yeah, there was no way Nick could have aired that even though it got away showing a murder/suicide two books prior.

Yeah, Mike and Bryan said at Comic Con that the plan for Book 3 and 4 was for digital only all along. Because of the leaks Nick panicked and released it on TV for some reason. And I guess someone remembered to check the episodes in advance and was all like "Guys! Abort! Abort! There's no way we can show this on TV". The EQ's death was the most brutal death of the Avatar Universe so far.

To be honest, they would have had to go digital anyway cause of that. Sure, it has competition with the "amon a boat" scene from Book 1, but an on-screen death by the antagonists is a really big deal. As bad of a pun it would be, the scene took my breath away because I was not expecting it even though I knew Zaheer was the brutal kind of airbender. I would be surprised if Book 4 in the future can even trump that scene. No, I would be impressed if they can do that.

Even though I consider Korra inferior to A: TLA, this show is still too good for Nick. Speaking of, Nick's streaming speed sucks mcnuts.

[hide]And yet, they're still too scared to let Kai die.

Seriously, that fall should have killed him, that was bull shit.[/hide]

Speaking of, Nick's streaming speed sucks mcnuts.

Yeah, for real. I tried to give it buffering time, but that didn't work at all. Looks like it didn't buffer when paused, or maybe just when the tab wasn't in focus, idk. Anyone find a way to deal with this, other than going to other sites (which will be my solution until something else happens)?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Infant immortality rule.

I have more respect for Kai now, but there is no doubt Tenzin had the whole show action-wise (and Granda Yin comedy-wise). Zaheer can claim to be a fanatic for Air Nomad culture all he wants but he failed to give a real airbending master so much of  a fight on account of failing to land one single blow.

Tis a shame the rest of the Red Lotus jump-rushed Tenzin's ass. Even then, that guy's determination is amazing. Here's hoping he does not die.

• 4 weeks later...

So. Bryke aren't losing amy time - They just confirmed the release date of Book 4 to be October 3! I'm really interested in how they'll pick up the season after that bittersweet ending, and what they have planned for the finale of the series

haha that's crazy, nickelodeon just literally pisses themselves when it comes to handling anything aimed at slightly older audiences, don't they.

i really hope that if they ever get the chance, they release some kind of book/bunch of blog posts about how frustrating this process must have been. i know they are probably under some kind of nda, and even if they weren't they probably didn't want to look like they were the types of dudes who can't keep their mouths shut, but it must have been crazy. here's them chatting about the avatar movie, though, so there's some hope. there's also some stuff about season 4 and beyond, the gist is they're done for now, but the avatar universe will probably be revisited sooner or later.

i'm glad we're getting the final season so soon, at least.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 3 months later...

That was not the end I was expecting for Korra, but it was certainly amazing. And Yes Kimberly it was the absolute end. There is only 4 seasons, that it is. Korra is over, no more, finito. It was planned as a 4 book story from day 1 - the best we will ever get is the ambiguous Korra and Mako having a little 'maybe back together moment' coupled with an ambiguous holding Korrassmi holding hands possible departing as lesbian lovers closing scene.

I was kinda expecting with the whole balance, spirit energy thing to sort of a have a big surge of reconnection to the past avatars as that seems like a rather loose end to leave.

It's sad to think we may never get more Avatar now cause I really do feel like there is story enough to do 2 more rounds with 2 more avatars.

Aang told the story of a spiritualist who had to learn to be a hero.

Korra the story of a rash go-getter who had to learn moderation, spirituality and balance.

I feel like there room for a story about an already matured adult avatar and finding the balance of being a person and having a family etc. with avatar duties, which could make a nice Earth Avatar story.

I feel then as a round out it all there is room for a story of an ageing avatar - dealing with how the avatar and the world copes with becoming frailer and possibly even extending beyond his/her death to explore the pause between avatars and the discovery of the next avatar. Would be a sort of poetic ending to see a new air avatar found as the end point of the entire cycle.

But that being said I'd rather them not do it if they can't work out a fully formed good plot worth telling.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That was not the end I was expecting for Korra, but it was certainly amazing. And Yes Kimberly it was the absolute end. There is only 4 seasons, that it is. Korra is over, no more, finito. It was planned as a 4 book story from day 1 - the best we will ever get is the ambiguous Korra and Mako having a little 'maybe back together moment' coupled with an ambiguous holding Korrassmi holding hands possible departing as lesbian lovers closing scene.

Or this.

Nice of them to give a more solid confirmation.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just re-watched all of Avatar:The Last Airbender.  I forgot just how solid it was.  I have to decide if it's time to restart Korra or not.  On one hand, it just ended. On the other hand though, I don't even remember the first season for the most part.

Also [bleep] yeah Korrasami.  I'm glad it's confirmed now, my friends and I discussed the possibility of Korrasami being a real thing since early Book 3.  None of us though they'd actually do it, but here we are. I personally don't particularly like the idea of a romantic relationship at the end of every series (especially the obvious male lead and female companion), but I think Korra and Asami's relationship was given enough dimension and growth that it seemed entirely appropriate.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Fridays aren't the same without looking forward to that new Korra episode. Spent a couple of hours over new years discussing Avatar with a stranger, was actually fantastic. It's amazing how in depth you can get in discussing an animated TV show primarily aimed for a younger generation. Maybe time to load up the Boy in the Iceberg again and get binge-ing?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• 4 months later...