Barrows

Subway

Hey I just got back into runescape not to long ago and was wondering If anyone can post a setup for barrows. Show me gear + invon. I don't know what to do for it anymore because prices have changed so much, i used to barrage barrows but now prices of barrows dropped so I might not make profit from that. Thanks, stats in sig

the_marxian.png

Polypore & melee is the way to go (Claw/ dds spec ahrim, mage Karil, he has no defense)

You should make a decent profit.

Unrelated: I want your avatar. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

You could barrage the meleers, and only pray for Karil/ ahrim, will save a ton on ppots, you should only need 1 or 2 sips/ run max.

As for gear, ahrims, Mages book, dds/ whip/ defender switch, stream necklace if you have it.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Mystic works fine, if you can, invest in a vecna skull, one of the best magic boosters out there, and saves a ton on extreme mage potions. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

I have 2k extrama magic pots, from last year b4 i quit, and i think that'll last me forever o.o

If i get some good loot il probably buy ahrims + vecna. Il post all progress later, waiting for a friend to come back cause we gonna go together so not so boring :D

the_marxian.png

You could barrage the meleers, and only pray for Karil/ ahrim, will save a ton on ppots, you should only need 1 or 2 sips/ run max.

As for gear, ahrims, Mages book, dds/ whip/ defender switch, stream necklace if you have it.

Ice barrage: ~2k per cast

Prayer potions: ~800 gp per dose

He's using super prayers, which may slightly skew that. ;)

You can get away with only using prayer on Karil/ ahrim, others can be out-ssed, and the last safespotted in tunnels.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Using Super Prayers is not worth it. I would also suggest doing The Branches of Darkmeyer quest which gives you access to Drakan's Medallion. This offers unlimited (from within Morytania) to Barrows, and South of the Burgh de Rott Bank, as well as other places making banking and getting to Barrows much easier (Saves having to walk back to your Ladder).

Hi there, this is my set-up and method. I am not sure if it is the best or fastest or most efficient but it works very well for me. It doesn't really matter much now if you could stay as long as possible since with the introduction of Drakan's Medallion to tele to Burgh de Rott, anyone with the medallion could bank quickly and return to Barrows. But for those who has yet to get the medallion, this will work decently. Feel free to change or play around with your inventory and what potions to bring; as long as you are comfortable with them. My main idea here is to show you the safe-spots.

There are actually safe-spots for all the melee brothers therefore you only need prayer for Karils (and/or Ahrims if he keeps getting lucky hits on you; in my case he barely hits through Void armour). For Dharok in the tunnel, I always ignore him and engage him in the chest-room because there are safespots there.

I would recommend that you get comfortable with using all the safe-spots that I am about to show you before trying to do so without 'Protect melee'. Just be prepared to put on Protect Melee for Dharok just in-case.I usually approach the tombs closest to the first point of luring. If you have done them correctly, they would at most hit you only once or twice before you reach your safe-spot.

My Set-up:

barrowsetup.jpg

Guthan safe-spot: (red shows the path you have to click to, to enable a successful lure and safe-spot him.)

guthansafespot.jpg

Torag safe-spot: (note the direction of the map, I turned it around so it's easier to manoeuvre and click the spot I want to go.)

toragsafespot.jpg

Verac safe-spot: (once again, note the direction of the map.)

veracsafespot.jpg

Akrisae safe-spot: (I forgot to add in the supposed paths that the Brothers were supposed to take to engage you but I thought I'd add it in for Akrisae to show his movement path.)

akrisaesafespot.jpg

Tunnel safe-spot: (the green patches show the place where you want to stand; red patches show the place which the wights could side-step the torch and flank you from the bottom so do not stand there! One thing to note is that if there are stray tomb creatures around, they will hit you, but you will still be able to engage the Barrow wight without interference. Best is to clear the chest-room area first if possible.)

tunnelsafespot.jpg

You can use the tiles on the floor to guide you as to where to stand.

Lastly, Dharok safe-spot: (he will at most hit you once only since his attack speed is 3)

dharoksafespot.jpg

The order that I do the tombs depends on if I have prayer points or not.

Whenever there is prayer points available at start 990: Karils > Ahrims > rest of the melee brothers. If Verac or any others get a lucky hit on you, you will be able to heal using Soul-Split since you have prayer points to use.

Whenever prayer points is 0, like after finishing the previous run: Any melee brothers > Ahrim/Karils. I do this so that I don't go to Karils' tomb, drink a dose of Prayer potion only to find that his tomb leads to a tunnel. By going through all the melee brothers to make sure I know that non of their tomb leads to the tunnel, then only left with Ahrims and Karils. I will go to Ahrims' tomb first to check since I don't need prayer for him.

Anyway this is what I do and if you are lucky enough, you can get Prayer potions or sharks from the chest to replenish any lost supplies. You should only need one dose of Prayer potion for each subsequent run. I was able to last there till my 3000-charge PPS became like around 500-600 charges left.

Have fun~

Hi there, this is my set-up and method. I am not sure if it is the best or fastest or most efficient but it works very well for me. It doesn't really matter much now if you could stay as long as possible since with the introduction of Drakan's Medallion to tele to Burgh de Rott, anyone with the medallion could bank quickly and return to Barrows. But for those who has yet to get the medallion, this will work decently. Feel free to change or play around with your inventory and what potions to bring; as long as you are comfortable with them. My main idea here is to show you the safe-spots.

There are actually safe-spots for all the melee brothers therefore you only need prayer for Karils (and/or Ahrims if he keeps getting lucky hits on you; in my case he barely hits through Void armour). For Dharok in the tunnel, I always ignore him and engage him in the chest-room because there are safespots there.

I would recommend that you get comfortable with using all the safe-spots that I am about to show you before trying to do so without 'Protect melee'. Just be prepared to put on Protect Melee for Dharok just in-case.I usually approach the tombs closest to the first point of luring. If you have done them correctly, they would at most hit you only once or twice before you reach your safe-spot.

My Set-up:

barrowsetup.jpg

Guthan safe-spot: (red shows the path you have to click to, to enable a successful lure and safe-spot him.)

guthansafespot.jpg

Torag safe-spot: (note the direction of the map, I turned it around so it's easier to manoeuvre and click the spot I want to go.)

toragsafespot.jpg

Verac safe-spot: (once again, note the direction of the map.)

veracsafespot.jpg

Akrisae safe-spot: (I forgot to add in the supposed paths that the Brothers were supposed to take to engage you but I thought I'd add it in for Akrisae to show his movement path.)

akrisaesafespot.jpg

Tunnel safe-spot: (the green patches show the place where you want to stand; red patches show the place which the wights could side-step the torch and flank you from the bottom so do not stand there! One thing to note is that if there are stray tomb creatures around, they will hit you, but you will still be able to engage the Barrow wight without interference. Best is to clear the chest-room area first if possible.)

tunnelsafespot.jpg

You can use the tiles on the floor to guide you as to where to stand.

Lastly, Dharok safe-spot: (he will at most hit you once only since his attack speed is 3)

dharoksafespot.jpg

The order that I do the tombs depends on if I have prayer points or not.

Whenever there is prayer points available at start 990: Karils > Ahrims > rest of the melee brothers. If Verac or any others get a lucky hit on you, you will be able to heal using Soul-Split since you have prayer points to use.

Whenever prayer points is 0, like after finishing the previous run: Any melee brothers > Ahrim/Karils. I do this so that I don't go to Karils' tomb, drink a dose of Prayer potion only to find that his tomb leads to a tunnel. By going through all the melee brothers to make sure I know that non of their tomb leads to the tunnel, then only left with Ahrims and Karils. I will go to Ahrims' tomb first to check since I don't need prayer for him.

Anyway this is what I do and if you are lucky enough, you can get Prayer potions or sharks from the chest to replenish any lost supplies. You should only need one dose of Prayer potion for each subsequent run. I was able to last there till my 3000-charge PPS became like around 500-600 charges left.

Have fun~

Wow thank you for all this! I'm going to do the quest for the medallion some time and go again, I went and forgot EEE so I just did like 5 chests and left xD. Was fun again

the_marxian.png