Behind the Scenes - April

Sad to see that the DG update will likely remove the need for a keyer.

Huh? Everybody will be a keyer now, just like in the current pro teams.

^This

In my experience in pro teams the "keyer" just sort of becomes the one dealing with keeping everyone organised for gds and such via gate stones.

Every spreads out, as much as possible dealing with skill doors and keys as and when they can, hence the importance of calling.

Guess you're right, just another change to get used to.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C1s will be a bit faster now. Laws shouldn't be as necessary a bind for them, though they would mean reaching the boss earlier for a faster kill.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Extremely looking forward to the Dungeoneering updates. I've always wanted the skill effectively, but the finding good teams and keyers were a pain. This is definitely going to make training a lot accessible to less experienced players, which is about time too.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to the huge pouch too, as long as it doesn't take too long to get. I wonder if it will have an affect on rune prices though if more are being supplied?

cant wait for dung update....

what could quest rewards be? i mean dung related

Probably just tokens, Dungeoneering XP and XP in some other skills, as they're only sagas and not full quests.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Extremely looking forward to the Dungeoneering updates. I've always wanted the skill effectively, but the finding good teams and keyers were a pain. This is definitely going to make training a lot accessible to less experienced players, which is about time too.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to the huge pouch too, as long as it doesn't take too long to get. I wonder if it will have an affect on rune prices though if more are being supplied?

I can't think it'd have too big an impact on prices.

More runes per run =/= more runes made overall.

If say I need to do 5k natures for a level

12+9+6+3+24 = 54 per run = 93 runs.

New pouch just means

18+12+9+6+3+23 = 72 per run = 70 runs.

That won't really make rc a fast skill or a suddenly make it into a fast money maker, it just means you save runs and time off training it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^This

In my experience in pro teams the "keyer" just sort of becomes the one dealing with keeping everyone organised for gds and such via gate stones.

Every spreads out, as much as possible dealing with skill doors and keys as and when they can, hence the importance of calling.

I'm not sure it'll remove much strain from the keyers shoulders.

He still has to tell people what to gate (And keep track of it).

He still has to ensure the group gatestone is on the largest path.

He still has to predict each path as he did before.

He still has to instruct party members when to and not to take the gatestone.

He still has to distinguish between bonus/critical paths.

He still has to call and command the entire dungeon.

The only thing he will not have to do anymore is tell players to come pick up their key.

These updates to DG are useless.

Nobody is going to make armour.

You could hand them the ore at the start and they still won't do it.

All the noobs care about is the time on the clock.

10 deaths no problem.

30 minute dungeon "F YOU NOOB YOU SO SLOW WHY SKILL".

All they had to do was like triple solo xp and all the complaints about how shitty the skill is or how retarded the community is would just evaporate.

Whatever, I'll just wait for the ability to buy XP boosters for $$$, because you know it's coming. :shame:

Here is a challenge, can you buy up lamps and save them for when the new skill comes out?

Sounds like a great way to be the first to 99 in a new skill.

Where do I find these people? I'd prefer them over the ones that sit and skill for exp for 10 minutes , i.e. crafting 1000 runes. I have nothing against skilling like making armor or food, but using up all your GP on RC while your team finishes up the dungeon for you? :/

This. This. This.

What people aren't thinking is... It's called dungeoneering for a reason. The purpose of dungeoneering should be for faster dungeoneering XP (fast floors). I don't train my attack to level my farming. You want to skill? Go cut a damn yew tree. Lol.

So far, it's the only skill in this game that, if you want great XP rates, requires skill to efficiently train! There's countless tactics, strategies, and styles which ave to be learned while training dungeoneering, unlike other skills. How much "skill" does it take to click a rock?

09144a99bb.png

^This

The only thing he will not have to do anymore is tell players to come pick up their key.

Pretty much a good more in-depth look at the point we were getting at in saying in good teams everyone is kinda a 'keyer' (if you take keyer as a more literal/less experienced sense of getting keys to doors) while the actual keyer takes on more of a leader role managing these various elements.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah not much will change with DG, especially with randoms.

Basically you'll be hearing a lot more of "get key/get k" and instead of dropping keys on ggs, the only reason it'll change hands now is to change paths obviously, or if you are parting with it to run a DE path, no longer will I have to say GT K which is so convenient as so many times it's GT Open and I'm busy with 1 room off a DE so that's much more convenient.

If you see a key pick it up, it's your responsbility now anyone can run at a key and its shared no redropping it, woop.

Main thing that will frustrate me about this update is, with disorganised teams (I go with randoms more than you know) and they run at skill doors sometimes when its crit and I want to run it with GT its extremely frustrating when there's clearly a gd in the same room.

Now the days of running at key doors will begin, without GT so no running main path because the random village idiot is doing it, also running a path without a free-gate just because oh look we have those keys will begin, or oh I broke my old one.

I wish people would realise that everything in DG counts for double time, eg time spent rerunning a path is time could have been spent doing something more useful.

I want one update for dg and I've wanted it for a long time, I think if you have T10 all ring (3.6m tokens on ring classes) you should have an extra bind.

Inside DG rewards have been spoken about for ages and I hope they work it in, I have way too many tokens, I've gone way beyond 200M xp and I really need something to do with them.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out, currently helping key a friend get 120 DG, 115 atm and so far I have given them a BN but I'm 17 gazers dry since my last hex, and yes I fear I will see less gazers with people doing more because of this update! :P

I'm currently keying roughly a rapier or two a day, and I also think as it stands its a convenience update yeah, but as others have said organising gates and still calling keys you get, eg bcr d, grcr k will be done, same with gates.

As we will all be calling keys still and we will all be wanting to know what doors are where still, not much will change!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

What people aren't thinking is... It's called dungeoneering for a reason. The purpose of dungeoneering should be for faster dungeoneering XP (fast floors). I don't train my attack to level my farming. You want to skill? Go cut a damn yew tree. Lol.

I dungoneeer solo pretending I am like Indiana Jones.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I dungoneeer solo pretending I am like Indiana Jones.

Tell that to the C2 Fishing people :P

I would generally agree, except that I don't mind if people make armor (or what have you) if it's at least helpful and they try to do it quickly. It's just that a lot of the time people who make armor (randoms, anyway) don't try to be quick about it or end up not helping afterwards. It's just so engrained in higher DGers' minds that skilling is wasteful that the only people doing it are inexperienced and going to perform badly in other categories too, thereby giving skilling in general a worse image than it deserves.

2dgucz6.png

^This

Eh, in a proper team, everyone is doing that and has to do that. Has been like that for a while now. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

^This

Eh, in a proper team, everyone is doing that and has to do that. Has been like that for a while now. :P

Very very few legend teams out there though, all the good ones sell floors for stupid prices ;)

^This

Very very few legend teams out there though, all the good ones sell floors for stupid prices ;)

Me and my team could be considered "legend team". All we really need is the time to actually get a nice DG session going, lol.

But aside from that, I can't wait for this update. Is going to make pathing off-gate so much more comfortable, lol.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

^This

Me and my team could be considered "legend team". All we really need is the time to actually get a nice DG session going, lol.

But aside from that, I can't wait for this update. Is going to make pathing off-gate so much more comfortable, lol.

Still many tips and tracks a lot don't know largely to do with map ;) but dging with 1000 people is better than 100 because you learn more off more people, sometimes going into selling floors and going with different people (or dging with the top rated out there) you will learn different bits but every team conciders themself legendary yes :P

I'm really hoping to see the dungeoneering updates next week. Dungeoneering hasn't been too interesting because te rewards both floor-wise and token rewards are far and few between.

I don't think I could stand to do the runecrafting mini game coming up because I see no requirements for runes within my plans in the near future. Mind you I'm intrigued by the upgrades, huge pouch and new staves and will likely gun for them for the sake of filling out that part of my bank, but other than that I don't know. I am thinking we'll be seeing combat rune staves or interestingly enough maybe something like a 'flare' stave that offers air/fire rune charges. I'm interested in seeing what from this month will be packed into the Completionist cape so I know what to knock out next.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Fingers crossed for a magnetic purse which auto picks up coin drops.

While that would be nice, I really want one for charms.

Actually, it would be a great idea if Jagex released a magnetic like tool that you can pay for upgrades to pick up certain items. Would be a great money sink if we had to pay a few hundred million to have a fully maxed out collector that auto picks up all drops.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Actually, it would be a great idea if Jagex released a magnetic like tool that you can pay for upgrades to pick up certain items. Would be a great money sink if we had to pay a few hundred million to have a fully maxed out collector that auto picks up all drops.

Don't think it should do all drops, but definitely coins and charms. And it could cost gp to upgrade so that the net increase of coins into the game is offset by the cost of upgrading the thing. Maybe it could pick up coin drops but not give out the money (instead coin drops charge it some other way.). They often cite not wanting to release a coin auto-attractor because it would introduce a large amount of gp to the game. (I fail to see how it would be worse than highalch...)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

DG updates make it less team-based. Sharing keys is the main difficulty in good teams, if you don't have to gt every minute it's so incredibly easy to path... takes all the fun out of it. The only reason to ever gt now is mimes, portals and ramos etc.. Stackable resources make it easier overall, which I don't think dg really needs but ok. Drop-x is nice.

Sagas, runespan all look good.

SoF is evil.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Good, the more idiot proof DG is, the better. I might be persuaded to actually train the skill. I'd rather it be soloable at a halfway decent xp per hour like all other skills in the game, but at least some of the frustration will be alleviated.

Mod Giragast is the developer behind the Fremennik Sagas II.

Previously developed Herald Capes and The Pit.

Not too sure I'll like the direction the Sagas will be going, but we'll see.

Mod Pi is the developer behind the the Runespan update.

Previously developed the Christmas Event - A Towering Feast, and made the recently implemented changes to Castle Wars games.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.