Will Anything Come of This?

jcrowley

Last week, the entire Runescape community was up in arms over the blatant RWT taking place with SoF and how the very rules of the game set in place by Jagex were CHANGED to essencially legalize RWT as long as only they themselves are the ones doing it.

BUT.................

What will come of this. Before I quit and you all flamed and eventually banned me from the RSOF I've seen hated updates get released, complained about, and blow over with the next update with nothing more then a couple people cancelling their membership. No apologies from Jagex, no promise to actually listen to player concerns, and even lumping all critisism into "compilation threads" that are easy for those in charge to ignore.

You now know why I quit and have no intention of coming back. Noone cares and Runescape will NEVER listen to you. Jagex will do whatever the [bleep] they want and that's that.

I agree people usually calm down after "bad" updates. Such as HP changing to Constitution, the new Dungeoneering skill, or the new graphical update to many kinds of armor. But while I'm already kinda "over" the update, I still think people will be upset about this longer than most of the other previous "bad" updates.

And I wouldn't quit over an update. I only quit due to boredom. Which may be indirectly because of an update but whatever. I digress...

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I just try and think to myself, "Well, other games have had stuff like this for ages, so whatever" to attempt to justify changes like this.

People say one thing and do another. I'd wager less than 10% of people who say they're gonna quit, do, and those that do come back soon enough anyways.

It's just a game. Re-evaluate what you treasure in life if you're hurt or upset that people can buy their way to the top. Welcome to the real world, where it happens everyday

Welcome to the real world, where it happens everyday

----------------------------

Which explains the Occupy movement. As much as I support them though, I ask the same question to them that is the title of this thread.

I think the difference between this update and other ones mentioned ITT is that players really feel like it's going to chuck the game into the garbage, and that Jagex is on a slippery slope at this point. If anything, the consequences is that people are going to quit out of boredom, not as some kind of statement. The competitive aspect of the game is actually really important.

Will Jagex respond to the criticism? Will they actually do something? No, or at least not in the near future. Feedback is necessary to them about things they're not sure about, and you can bet that if they went against their own policy they thought about it long and hard; they're not going to mess their own game up unless they think it's beyond saving and they want to milk as much out of it as possible (legitimate, I think. They're a business). They know more about the coming updates than we do. If the game doesn't turn into a parody of itself because of endorsed RWT, things will be okay, people will come back, etc. If it does, bored players are going to quit for good, and they're not going to throw a tantrum while doing it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!