My friends list just went bananas

Arceus

All of a sudden I have a friends list composed almost entirely of completely unfamiliar names, including [#JEOOFGOW] (forced name change) and "#Friendxx" (xx is some two-digit number). This is ironic because I haven't seen anyone with a forced name change recently, on my friends list. This happened earlier, then reverted to its original state, and then relapsed a short while ago. A few of my friends, both old and new, are still on my list. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does it have something to do with Website Maintenance?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah, mine too. It looked jumbled up and I kinda removed a few friends. Now I am wondering if this was some glitch more than a hacking. I assume I am seeing the old, original names.

Too be honest, this is a bit screwed up even if it was just maintenance. <_<

It did say on the Maintenance thread that things may be off in-game, still. They also said for people not to have valuable items on them, just to be safe. Surprised they didn't have that on the main page news post. I'm too lazy to get a QFC for you, but it's on the Tech Support forum.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It's the first newspost on the main site...

We are currently performing maintenance on some of our web systems.

We apologise for the inconvenience and are aiming to restore service as soon as possible.

Please note that the friends list and display list servers are being updated, so dont worry if your friends list is altered during this maintenance.

It was interesting to look at the names on my FL but I've no idea what they show. I know most of my friends' original names and many of those friends' display names were not shown as their original.

2dgucz6.png

I always miss the fun stuff in RuneScape... Aside from that runecrafting exp glitch in dg.

I hope this gets fixed soon... :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Given that I removed 4 names out of my list before finding this bit out (to my embarrassment), going to have a ball finding out who I removed on accident.

Are you online right now? I think you may have removed me/I can't tell who you are in my list.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Given that I removed 4 names out of my list before finding this bit out (to my embarrassment), going to have a ball finding out who I removed on accident.

Are you online right now? I think you may have removed me/I can't tell who you are in my list.

I am now. I will be in Varrock West (world 99) when I log in. Seems it just affects friend/ignore list so it seems private communication is impossible.

I logged in and saw "Shusulath8" and "Jamlover123" on my friendslist on I was like noooo way am I getting hacked right now. I went crazy on my PIN, recoveries and password. Anyway no items or cash lost and the same names keep coming up even if I delete them and log out to lobby and right back in after. Also my friendslist is emptied in a similar manner besides a few names each time. What a scare.

Some of the names are actually quite funny :P

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I thought I was hacked at first. I had logged in with a browser instead of SK last night and thought that had done it. I hope they restore the list cause I removed people as well.

icecube7.jpeg

Hi, all... Having seen this thread, I think I'm glad that I just decided to stay offline until this whole thing is wrapped up. Who the hell wants Jagex messing up their friendslist? I didn't, so if you don't, then don't login while they're doing stuff like this! :huh:

~D. V. "Better to stay offline in the first place..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)