News: Top RuneScape Geography Guru Announced!

Arceus

Last week we asked RuneScapes geography geniuses to tell us where five Chocatrice campaign posters had been posted around RuneScape.

Hundreds of you demonstrated your skills by correctly identifying all five locations, but with only one signed T-shirt up for grabs, we needed to randomly select a winner. And that winner is...

Magus Xerces!

Congratulations! Magus Xerces is now the proud owner of a slightly soiled (but massively signed) Chocatrice campaign T-shirt. Well done, sir; we bow to your RuneScape-based geographical knowledge.

win-17101452.jpeg

If youd like to see whether you got the correct answers, you can find them on the competition thread.

Finally, thanks go to Gizzy Gazza and Dartron for their excellent Chocatrice poster bombing skills, and if youre waiting to see who won the most epic Easter battle of all time - Chocatrice or Evil Chicken - all will be revealed very soon!

Paul M

RuneScape Geographer and Keeper of T-shirts

Congrats from me! :). Did anyone actually try this? I didn't...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

To be honest, I didn't even knew there was an event like this.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Personally, I find myself angered by this event, having known about it due to the RS front page news feed. With how Jagex set it up, only a player who is/was a P2P'er can have any chance at completing it and entering for the shirt prize. Jagex should have made it five locations in F2P that anyone could find, and they shut out their F2P community from entering by not doing so. The whole thing was not fair towards a good chunk of the RS community, especially the whole F2P community, and places disgrace on Jagex for launching it without thinking about this issue. :notalk:

~D. V. "And yes, I'm one of the shut-out F2P'ers..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Personally, I find myself angered by this event, having known about it due to the RS front page news feed. With how Jagex set it up, only a player who is/was a P2P'er can have any chance at completing it and entering for the shirt prize. Jagex should have made it five locations in F2P that anyone could find, and they shut out their F2P community from entering by not doing so. The whole thing was not fair towards a good chunk of the RS community, especially the whole F2P community, and places disgrace on Jagex for launching it without thinking about this issue. :notalk:

In the current regime when has Jagex ever cared about F2P?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

For emphasis:

Last week we asked RuneScapes geography geniuses to tell us where five Chocatrice campaign posters had been posted around RuneScape.

Hundreds of you demonstrated your skills by correctly identifying all five locations, but with only one signed T-shirt up for grabs, we needed to randomly select a winner. And that winner is...

Magus Xerces!

Congratulations! Magus Xerces is now the proud owner of a slightly soiled (but massively signed) Chocatrice campaign T-shirt. Well done, sir; we bow to your RuneScape-based geographical knowledge.

win-17101452.jpeg

Most of the time with t-shirts, they use a pretty girl to wear and show it, I really hope Jagex does have prettier staff on their team than that girl. :s Honestly, she's not wrong, but I can't say she has an attractive face. :s

???

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I entered this. Quite easy overall unless you've never been into new Burthorpe.

None the less, it was all in good fun. Not like that other competition where you post your avatar chathead with one of the new tatoos from the SOF and you go in the draw for lifetime membership.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

For emphasis:

Magus Xerces!

win-17101452.jpeg

Most of the time with t-shirts, they use a pretty girl to wear and show it, I really hope Jagex does have prettier staff on their team than that girl. :s Honestly, she's not wrong, but I can't say she has an attractive face. :s

???

The girl is the model for the shirt. I think she's quite attractive. Dunno what your problem is. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

For emphasis:

Magus Xerces!

win-17101452.jpeg

???

The girl is the model for the shirt. I think she's quite attractive. Dunno what your problem is. :P

You find her attractive? Setting that bar pretty low....

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

People should stop making sweeping comments about the girl pictured. There is nothing wrong with her and attraction is entirely subjective, to you she may not be pretty, but that does not mean she is not pretty period. Besides why say anything about her appearance if you don't have anything nice to say, that's just douche.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You find her attractive? Setting that bar pretty low....

"I don't find her attractive and you do, and seeing as my tastes are clearly superior and well defined (as I get all the chicks all day every day), you are a lower class peasant with poor sight and low standards of the opposite sex. Now excuse me while I go to the grocery and judge everyone."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

People should stop making sweeping comments about the girl pictured. There is nothing wrong with her and attraction is entirely subjective, to you she may not be pretty, but that does not mean she is not pretty period. Besides why say anything about her appearance if you don't have anything nice to say, that's just douche.

Hi

Sometimes I just luv you so much dude <3: (on a strictly platonic level that is...)

Whether or not the girl is pretty will always be a matter of the eye of the beholder.

Now back to the topic...

Dear [name of girl in picture],

Due to the behavior of certain unnamed individuals, I apologize for ever making this thread.

Sincerely,

-Arceus

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

In the current regime when has Jagex ever cared about F2P?

That's exactly my flaming point, LJ13. If Jagex wants more F2P to convert to P2P, bluntly insulting and demeaning F2P'ers with things like this contest is very much NOT the way to go. :shame:

~D. V. "I'm glad someone sees what I'm seeing..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I fail to see how it insults or demeans F2Pers that they couldn't enter the contest. It's kinda a given Jagex are going to prefer giving away free stuff to people they actually profit off of.

I can certainly see the case that F2Pers should perhaps have some more contests and such, but I do not see it as an insult or demeaning that this contest happened to exclude f2pers due to the poster locations. There's been contests before this and there'll be ones after it that F2Pers can get on and equally there's been contests before that F2Pers couldn't get in on. It's basically just an extension of the standard P2P vs F2P practice, if you don;t pay for P2P you don't get access to all the content, which in this case happens to be a contest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I fail to see how it insults or demeans F2Pers that they couldn't enter the contest. It's kinda a given Jagex are going to prefer giving away free stuff to people they actually profit off of.

Free to play is insulted by everything Jagex does, including free trials of membership.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png