Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Squeal of Fortune "Updates" was: Spin Results (970 spins)

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Clan Official

• Moderator on Leave
  • 12,164 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Yeah, I saw that video yesterday on reddit. It's pretty crazy that someone would go to such a length to abuse the free spin system...and even more crazy that he wasn't caught on the first day for dangerous-portal transferring. It's pretty pathetic that you could virtually trade your wealth and spread it across safety accounts in the event one of your mules gets banned and basically feel no repercussions to your rulebreaking.

[ Ssshhhh...don't tell nobody. ]

Posted Image
[ Follow Tip.it on Twitter ] - [ Did you know we do live streams now? Click for our Twitch channel! ] - [ Like Tip.it on Facebook ]

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
It's stupid. He didn't show what could be done with Squeel, he showed what could be done with scripts. He had 3000 accounts going. Really hoping the new bot system works on those annoying things...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
Wow. Not saying he's doing a good thing, but I was amazed.

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Jagex got such a great bot-detection system, eh?

Posted Image

Dark Fields for Brilliance
[ Display Name History ]

Dark Fields for Brilliance

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
The spiteful side of me is happy sof is being used for evil.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,656 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Crystal Wings
Now that guy is smart when it comes to using a system. But he really is so stupid to put it up on Youtube...Gl getting banned.

Maxed aviansie

K1CyBub.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
No account names were posted.. and it wouldn't really matter anyways, I don't think he cares about getting banned.

Serena_Sedai.png

Baffler
[ Display Name History ]

Baffler

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • RSN:Baffler
Posted Image

Posted Image

Stuff like dragon ceremonial is in uncommon and I still didn't get it :P.

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,659 posts
Just dropped some $ on spins, I really want the dragon cape. But guess what I got? Two pairs of boots, and another top. I already have queens guard just from free spins, and I've already dropped $20 before in a fruitless attempt to get the cape. Now I have all of queens guard and dragon ceremonial... except the cape. Literally the only item out of the lot that I actually wanted. Quite mad at the moment.

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
Well, they managed to mess it up. Big woop right there.

It isn't supposed to be possible to get multiple of the same Queen's Guard or Dragon Cere items, but it is now.
I have two greaves I got off of earned spins, and they don't stack in the bank. Still missing the top and boots. :mellow:

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,650 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Just dropped some $ on spins, I really want the dragon cape. But guess what I got? Two pairs of boots, and another top. I already have queens guard just from free spins, and I've already dropped $20 before in a fruitless attempt to get the cape. Now I have all of queens guard and dragon ceremonial... except the cape. Literally the only item out of the lot that I actually wanted. Quite mad at the moment.

This is why I've made the argument they should keep cosmetic gear on the SOF, but also allow it to be directly purchased. Something like 10-15 dollars for a full set sounds reasonable to me. Some WOW pets at 10 bucks, and mounts are 20 or 25 for an example.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
File a bug that you shouldn't be receiving items you already have :s

Serena_Sedai.png

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,347 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
Only have the hat and body myself, full queen's guard though. Gonna be a sad day when I'm only missing one piece.
Oh, 4/5 pieces on pure, can't remember which ones though. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
Duplicates have been fixed and people with multiple pieces should not keep trying after 5 pieces. Some Mod posts:
QFC: 312-313-461-64006028

The fix to prevent getting more dupes should be in place now.

Please let me know if you get any more.

Do bear in mind that the rewards are populated so depending on when you spin again you might see the duplicate one more time. After that spin however you shouldn't see the items you've won again.

I just put this on another thread if you're interested:

So if you've got 4 of the set and happened to get a duplicate of one of those don't worry about trying to win the 5th.

If you've got all 5 and got another, I'll see if I can swap it for what you would've got.

If you've not got 5 of them including any duplicates, when the fix is done, you'll be able to win the other items so if you wish to collect the full set just make sure you've got 5 in total and I'll sort out the rest.

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts

Do bear in mind that the rewards are populated so depending on when you spin again you might see the duplicate one more time. After that spin however you shouldn't see the items you've won again.

Am I reading this wrong, or does this mean the screen and rewards of my next spin are determined even before I get a spin ticket / open the interface?

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I have full dragon ceremonial, just need queen's guard legs to complete both outfits, spun today and no luck, 8 more attempts at queen's guard legs to go .. :pray: :ohnoes:

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
This weekend, past common cosmetic rewads will be back to common and semi-rare places on the squeal. Called it.

Failed Acct
[ Display Name History ]

Failed Acct

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RSN:Failed Acct

Am I reading this wrong, or does this mean the screen and rewards of my next spin are determined even before I get a spin ticket / open the interface?

That is the way I read it as well...or at least the reward possibilities are populated. It would not suprise me in the least to find out the reward you will get is already determined as well, but his post didn't really make that clear.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,364 posts
  • Clan:Lunagang
I did my spins at midnight, when the newspost wasn't out yet, so all the items were still in the rare spots. :c Another 5 chances wasted. :s I only got about 4-5 pieces in total, which is sad because I am a costume hoarder.
Posted Image
Posted Image

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6

That is the way I read it as well...or at least the reward possibilities are populated. It would not suprise me in the least to find out the reward you will get is already determined as well, but his post didn't really make that clear.

I'm expecting the pool of rewards to be predetermined, however the actual prize out of that pool to be determined when you press the green button.

Think some jmods have mentioned in the past that your exact prize is still determined when you press the button (and has nothing to do with the animation).

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users