A new skill should be introduced to the game: Shooting.

Now I'm a big fan of guns, and I'd love to use a gun in RuneScape. And who says it makes everything too easy? I'm sure that most monsters in RuneScape are powerful enough to be able to handle bullets. Here is what you'll be able to use when using that skill:

Level 1: Pistol

Level 30: Shotgun

Level 70: Ak-47

Level 85: Minigun

Level 99: Bazooka

I think introducing that skill would be awesome. And I think it can work well.

• Like 1

I don't think it really fits with the game. RuneScape is more medieval/fantasy and we already have Range which is the perfect substitute for shooting.

• Like 1

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I whole heartedly agree but I don't think you're going far enough. Rather than the boring old Dward Cannon (cannon lol is this the middle ages or somin I DONT THINK SO) I would like a portable SAM Turret obvious uses would be Arma GWD and Nex.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I Agree With Star Its Just So Weird And It Doesnt Fit Into The Game At All, Personally I Think That Would Make Some People Who Like Fantasy And Old Time Kinda Stuff Quit. I Joined Runescape Because I Liked The Old Time Sword Fighting And Ranged And I Think Guns Would Ruin It All

20tpbp0.png

Well, the ranged skill is fine I guess, but it's just not the same as shooting.

Alright, I will admit that maybe that wouldn't fit in the game at all, but that doesn't change the fact that I want it real bad.

Also I have something to point out. There is a random event that's like a quiz show. (odd one out) Last time I checked there were no quiz shows in the medieval times. How the hell is that any less medieval than guns? In fact I think that is more modern.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I personally think your an idiot, how could you possibly think this could fit in with the game?

By making shooting do the same damage as ranged.

*you're an idiot

• 3 months later...

Now that Runelabs exist I finally have a chance of letting my dream come true.

I don't care if you think I'm stupid, I don't care if you think I'm ignorant, I don't care if you think I am a moron, I want to be able to use a gun in RuneScape that would be so great. You can bash me all you want for that idea, but I'm sticking to it no matter what.

Yes, I like this.

Personally, I would shoot you.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I feel like shooting would be more of an offshoot of the Ranged skill then a separate skill though (no pun intended).

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Now that Runelabs exist I finally have a chance of letting my dream come true.

I don't care if you think I'm stupid, I don't care if you think I'm ignorant, I don't care if you think I am a moron, I want to be able to use a gun in RuneScape that would be so great. You can bash me all you want for that idea, but I'm sticking to it no matter what.

Except for things like the handcannon, jagex will (and have repeatable said) not release guns. And imo they do not really fit into runescape.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

WAIT

This is the perfect drop for Jagex's new Dragon Dragon. It drops a level 99 Dragon Pistol. Which figures like a crossbow, except it uses cannonballs (use a chisel with a cannonball to make bullets).

This is a terrible idea. But I still think you should suggest it, because [bleep]ing runelabs have the dumbest things that get accepted. I'd vote for it if it got put up.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• 3 months later...

Alright, I get you guys don't like the idea. And to be fair I don't mind it that much.

But so far nobody has explained to me how there can be a diving gear and not a gun. A diving gear is much more modern. Guns were used in the 18th century, and diving gear wasn't invented until the 20th century. So yeah, explain how that works, but guns won't.

^Because guns don't really fit with other content, and most users preferences for the game. Diving gear is used to get to areas we normally wouldn't be able to get to (underwater). We already have hand-cannons which seem like guns but fit better with the content.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Wha??? Is he joking?

No I'm not, I really would like the ability to use a gun to shoot some of the monsters I'm fighting in RuneScape.

I dont believe you! :P

I don't care if you do, but if you seriously think I'm a troll, you need to learn what a troll is. A troll wouldn't regret saying something stupid.

If you call me dumb, that'd be more justified. And I don't mind it at all.