Troubleshooting And Bug Reports

Stev

Troubleshooting And Bug Reports

• If you've run into a bug or an error, please notify me immediately and I'll be sure to deal with it swiftly. I don't want players using a broken tool! I only release features and fixes if they are working up to par on my own machines and the few who test for me. Occasionaly this doesn't cover everybody and you'll find a feature is malfunctioning.

• A common problem is that the map or legend doesn't capture properly. While I believe this issue has been fixed, if it hasn't I'll require five things from you:
    • An undistorted screenshot, PNG format, of your entire RuneScape applet with your dungeoneering map open and your DGSweeper visible.
    • Your DGSweeper version.
    • Your RuneScape graphics settings.
    • Your client - Browser, Jagex client, SwiftKit, etc.
    • Your operating system.

• The DGSweeper has been proven to work on all major clients and browsers. It also requires Windows 98+. If you, for any reason at all, are not using a compatible version of Windows, or are getting a GDI+ error upon launch, you can simply (re)download the Gdip.dll.

• Before posting a bug report or requesting assistance, please be sure to read the DGSweeper page located
here.

Common problems:

• Problem:
    • My legend captures, but map legend doesn't!

Troubleshooting:

• If you are playing in resizable, ensure that your Navigation Bar setting in the DGSweeper options is set correctly.
  • If you've modified your client to enable bloom with DirectX, the executable must be named JagexLauncher.
  • If you use a graphics control panel, such as NVidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center, make sure they are set to Use application settings for anti-aliasing. The control panel for Intel in Windows 8 does not have this option so users must...
  • If you have Intel's control panel, mainly laptops with Windows 8, or prefer not to lower you anti-aliasing in your graphics card's control panel, lower your anti-aliasing in-game settings to None.
  • If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8 with UAC enabled and have RuneScape set to run as administrator (each time you start your Jagex client, you have to select between a Yes and No prompt), follow these steps to fix it.
  • If you're using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, ensure your DPI settings are not 150%. To do this, right click your desktop and select Personalize. In the bottom left of the window that appears, select Display.

[*]Problem:

• My legend and map won't capture!

Troubleshooting:

• If you've modified your client to enable bloom with DirectX, the executable must be named JagexLauncher.
  • If you're using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, ensure your DPI settings are not 150%. To do this, right click your desktop and select Personalize. In the bottom left of the window that appears, select Display.

[*]Problem:

• I moved it off screen and now I can't get it back!

Troubleshooting:

• If you can no longer reach the click-and-drag button because of hiding or showing the key utility, press Ctrl-K in-game to toggle the key utility.
  • If the above does not work, browse your computer to My Documents\DGSweeper. Locate resource.ini. You can either delete this file or open it using Notepad and change the values of _dgs.x and _dgs.y to 0 (zero). Reload DGSweeper.

[*]Problem:

• I keep getting one of...
    • Retrieving resource.json failed
    • Retrieving resource.dll failed
    • Retrieving active scripting failed
    • Enabling active scripting failed
    • Connecting to Tip.It failed
    • WinHttp.WinHttpRequest

...Error messages!

Troubleshooting:

• If you're getting either of the scripting error messages, try running DGSweeper as administrator by right clicking it and selecting Run as administrator.
  • If you're getting any of the other error messages, it's likely not caused by you or your computer. Tip.It may be under maintenance or heavy load. Simply give it some time - Usually no more then a half hour.

[*]Problem:

• I hid DGSweeper somehow and now I can't find it!

Troubleshooting:

• If you hid DGSweeper by accidentally hitting a hotkey, press Ctrl-M in-game to toggle DGSweeper.

09144a99bb.png