SwiftKit Suggestions

Stidor

Please keep all SwiftKit suggestions to this topic. When making a suggestion please be as descriptive as possible. Screenshots, sketches or diagrams can be very helpful in most cases.

The SwiftKit team will sift through the suggestions and if the suggestion is feasible then we'll test how practical it'd be to implement and add it to our list.

Alright this topic has got a bit long, so here are a few things NOT to suggest:

• Video recorder/Player
  • Ad blocker (it's against 3rd party client guidelines)
  • MSN/TeamSpeak/Ventrilio etc plugin
  • IRC scripting engine
  • Embedded flash games
  • World hopper/avoiding normal navigation of the RuneScape website (it's against 3rd party client guidelines)

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to make swiftkit use the runescape client to play the game? because that would allow players who use direct x to have anti aliasing on without them canceling one out

Would it be possible to make swiftkit use the runescape client to play the game? because that would allow players who use direct x to have anti aliasing on without them canceling one out

Just something I want to jump in with, and perhaps I should see about commissioning a guide for this someplace...

It is actually possible to do this with browsers, at least for users with actual graphics cards as opposed to integrated graphics chips. I'm not sure exactly how it works for Nvidia, but for ATI their graphics cards come with the catalyst program. Among it's features is the ability to force it to use certain settings and ignore the graphics settings of games. If you set it to Anti Alias automatically regardless of what the game says, then you only have to enable the bloom option in RuneScape and they will both work. You just have to remember not to turn AA on in the game, or even though the setting wont change anything, it will still turn bloom off.

Makes me think there might be a future with some sort of general tech guide or something, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

Just something I want to jump in with, and perhaps I should see about commissioning a guide for this someplace...

It is actually possible to do this with browsers, at least for users with actual graphics cards as opposed to integrated graphics chips. I'm not sure exactly how it works for Nvidia, but for ATI their graphics cards come with the catalyst program. Among it's features is the ability to force it to use certain settings and ignore the graphics settings of games. If you set it to Anti Alias automatically regardless of what the game says, then you only have to enable the bloom option in RuneScape and they will both work. You just have to remember not to turn AA on in the game, or even though the setting wont change anything, it will still turn bloom off.

Makes me think there might be a future with some sort of general tech guide or something, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

I know exactly what your referring I tried getting this to work with SK myself unsuccessfully, I believe this issues I faced was the CCC was set to force AA it would only apply to SwiftKit and not the Java applet. If anyone has been able to get this to work with SwiftKit then please let me know how and I will added it to the SwiftKit Knowledge base and see about getting videos made up demonstrating how to do it.

simmo200.png

Two things:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7979/120803174714.png

Little bug with swiftkit hide menu in dominion tower, its not much but im sure you guys want it perfect + was request i posted (ialex``) here

Secondly from some now with 344 MB (361,259,603 bytes) (1130 screenshots)

In screenshots i would like to a request (if possible ofc)

that you add a feature to the upload section, the feature i describe is one like this:

the ability to logon to say a site like photobucket (was told photo doesnt use an API though)

imgur was another mentioned, and w/e you upload screenshots it also uploads to the grouped site or w/e account your with, as i now have 1.6k Screens in photobucket and i recently just moved 1.2k over to it, so its getting anoying having to do it manually each time + there cluttered and now in no order atall.

If its possible would be greatly appreciated, if you cant do it dw.

The first problem is one we're aware of, and gave a warning message before you could use the feature about. It's a bit tricky because there's some screens like the one you pointed out or the World Map that don't have the menu bar. We tried playing with auto detection but it caused too many glitches and was a bit resource hungry. In the end we decided a manual toggle switch was the best way to go. So you just have to uncheck it for screens like that if needed to see a close button or something else.

For the second part, see this article; http://kb.swiftkit.net/question-how-to-backup-screenshots.html

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

I was thinking since I am on the Windows 8 Release Preview that you could make an app for the soon to be released Windows 8. I have noticed that if you make it in the form of an app on Windows 8 that it performs a lot faster and better. Google Chrome runs very rough and slow on the desktop version, but as an app I have noticed that it improved immensely. Thanks!

Our best options is to wait for the RC version of Windows 8 as there have been some changes between RP and RC, I believe the public will be able to access it from the 20th of Augest. Companies like Dell and HP got access to it on the 1st.

simmo200.png

I was wondering what the possibility of maybe under the Internal Utilities bar, under maybe Misc or something you could add a checklist feature for penguins? Maybe like a checklist that is updated off the Zybez weekly locations page or one that we could even fill out like our notepad (add a checklist feature?)

The one greatest issue I have is tabbing back and fourth between the checklist and the game and if i could have it under the internal utilities that would be amazingly helpful.

Just a thought.

In the internal utilities bar we have the to do list feature, you can just type in the weeks penguins there are eleven checkboxes so you can fit all ten normal penguins and the polarbear locations (the ghost penguin is too unstable in terms of being isolated to a single location for an extended period of time)

Unfortunately we can't make it portable because of the registry keys required with SwiftKit features.

And you need admin rights to make most changes on Windows these days, SwiftKit isn't alone in this, and it is only needed when doing the initial install or updates.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see the ability to force the browser dimensions for machinima clips. Basically, you could specify a resolution to set the browser control to so that when you are in resizeable mode, it will form to those dimensions. This would allow for doing exact video resolutions a lot easier than trying to manually gauge the size.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I would like to see the ability to force the browser dimensions for machinima clips. Basically, you could specify a resolution to set the browser control to so that when you are in resizeable mode, it will form to those dimensions. This would allow for doing exact video resolutions a lot easier than trying to manually gauge the size.

That's not a bad idea, we'll definitely look into the possibility of adding this feature.

• 2 weeks later...

As Ilove2Gamble mentioned previously, a built-in utility for the game bar would be good. I have tried the game bar with EI, FF, Chrome and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If SwiftKit can have a reliable, stable game bar utility I would use it for keeping track of when I can do my "dailies", GE transactions, friends online, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

As Ilove2Gamble mentioned previously, a built-in utility for the game bar would be good. I have tried the game bar with EI, FF, Chrome and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If SwiftKit can have a reliable, stable game bar utility I would use it for keeping track of when I can do my "dailies", GE transactions, friends online, etc.

I don't think the GE Transactions/Online Friends would be possible, or necessary since both are easily accessible when in the game, but the dailies list may be possible, will look into it :)

blue.png