Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SwiftKit Suggestions

99 replies to this topic

CookieEater2012
[ Display Name History ]

CookieEater2012

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Waffledough
@simmo yeah thanks for looking into my idea

Zegsigma
[ Display Name History ]

Zegsigma

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Zegsigma
I do hope this suggestion is not something on the do not say page like IRC scripting engine but I don't know what that is.

I am using the iPhone app and I was wondering if there could ever be a xp tracker? There was 1 on the App Store but it was taken off yesterday and I can't find the reason but it was very helpful and it is much easier for me to check a iPhone app than the website which one is hosted already.

lilstuboi
[ Display Name History ]

lilstuboi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
not sure if you are aware but the armoury info is down and has been for a while all stats are 0 for evrything. :wink:

Marius
[ Display Name History ]

Marius

Unicorn Horn

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 249 posts
  • RSN:Strifariz

I do hope this suggestion is not something on the do not say page like IRC scripting engine but I don't know what that is.

I am using the iPhone app and I was wondering if there could ever be a xp tracker? There was 1 on the App Store but it was taken off yesterday and I can't find the reason but it was very helpful and it is much easier for me to check a iPhone app than the website which one is hosted already.

Hi Zegsima,

This is definitely something we are looking into, but there's a few things we need to take into account while doing so, so I'm not sure which version we'll (potentially) include this in, but rest assured we are doing our best to make SwiftKit the #1 tool no matter what info you need ;)

not sure if you are aware but the armoury info is down and has been for a while all stats are 0 for evrything. :wink:

Thanks for the report lilstuboi, we're looking into this as I write and will have a fix out at the earliest convenience.

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

cgibbons51
[ Display Name History ]

cgibbons51

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:GangstaGibbs
I liked the idea of adding RuneScape Client into Swiftkit :)

Licert
[ Display Name History ]

Licert

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 153 posts
I know this is already suggested but I have it a little different

Have a section in the utilities bar or something for a checklist;
Things for the checklist:
Dailies
Weeklies
Etc

Since you can't do this automatically without putting your password in, you can make it so when you tick it, it'll untick by the time it usually unlocks, e.g
Tears of Guthix

Once I do it, I can tick the box next to it
e.g: [ ] Tears of Guthix; Time Left:
Once I tick it, the countdown starts, starting from 1 week.

stop pming me plz

pretty bubby
[ Display Name History ]

pretty bubby

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN:pretty bubby
  • RSN2:meowingtonn
Would be amazing if you could put an option for 07 servers in :)

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Simmo200
  • Clan:SwiftKit
We have been discussing a wide verity of options. I was under the impression that we would have about a month for them to get it up and running however with the news of it coming tomorrow i guess we should get a bit of a move on.

At this point you will be able to load the 07 servers straight away with SwiftKit just like any other web browser. As for hi scores and calcs that may take a few depending on how jagex work it.

Posted Image

To receive help you must first be willing to help yourself.

Qualify
[ Display Name History ]

Qualify

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Qualify
In the picture below you will see that I added "Play Runescape 2007" to the drop down menu. This can be linked with "oldschool.runescape.com" to display the page as shown in the screenshot.

The toggle option on the right is to switch the highscores view from Eoc, to the oldschool runescape highscores without having to edit the link1 code in the link file. Let me know what you think, it seems like simple, easy changes that will make swiftkit viable for Runescape 2007.

Posted Image

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 301 posts
We plan on doing more or less exactly this, the link edit is a very temporary thing, our Lead Developer is away this weekend. We will have proper support soon.

Posted Image

MrBrightS1de
[ Display Name History ]

MrBrightS1de

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Arz0n
  • Clan:1- Def Pure Clan
I suggest you make a whole new client for RS07. Call it Swift"Switch" like it used to be and have these image's, The exact way ot used to be. Would be very nostalgic, what do you think?

pics of Swift Switch: Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Lacrimas
[ Display Name History ]

Lacrimas

Rat Meat

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 31 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lacrlmas

I suggest you make a whole new client for RS07. Call it Swift"Switch" like it used to be and have these image's, The exact way ot used to be. Would be very nostalgic, what do you think?

pics of Swift Switch: Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

A whole new client would take a lot of time, SwiftKit will bring more 07 support in future updates.

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 301 posts
While I get the whole nostalgic thing, I my self have run Old School RS inside SwiftSwitch but to be frank compare to SwiftKit it's crap.

And we are still bound by the Thridparty Rules that sate:

It must not bypass the normal navigation of our website for users wishing to reach the game worlds. The software should initially only point at the front page of our websites, and should require the user to navigate through the website normally to reach the game worlds. The software must not contain or acquire direct links to the game applet.

It must not attempt to make it easier to enter a busy game world than it would be for users not using the software. It must not contain any features to make it easier to enter or monitor busy worlds.

So we cant bring back world switching. Having the options inside Swiftkit In my opinion are better then bring back or spending all the time on recreating SS.

Posted Image

bl00d0nyx
[ Display Name History ]

bl00d0nyx

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:rs pvp k1ng
how about bringing back the older version of the combat calculator because in 2013 that piece of garbage is completely inaccurate. I didn't know with 50 strength and 30 attack I will be level 54 with everything else level 1

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 301 posts
We are working on this and and a lot more to do with old school rs, just heng tight we are attempting to solve a fairly major issue with jagex once this is solved every thing else should fall in place relatively quickly.

Posted Image

Boss M
[ Display Name History ]

Boss M

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Boss M
I'd like to see an old school combat calc besides the one used on the highscores:)

A Wild Herb
[ Display Name History ]

A Wild Herb

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:A Wild Herb

I'd like to see an old school combat calc besides the one used on the highscores:)

I was just going to suggest that :)

Stidor
[ Display Name History ]

Stidor

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 407 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stidor
  • RSN2:Strider3282
Calcs will be in the next update, probably released tonight. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

IllusionOfSanity
[ Display Name History ]

IllusionOfSanity

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:SlipperyUna
Personally I think SwiftKit needs tabbed windows..

So when you open a Quick Link, it will open tabbed in the same frame as your current Runescape session, perhaps having a hot-key to snap back to the Runescape window?

For those who prefer the pop-out windows, tabbing should merely be an option.

Kawagiri
[ Display Name History ]

Kawagiri

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
with the integration of old school options, would it be possible for the quest centre to filter out all quests not applicable to old school?

this would preferrably also include searching the "rewards" section. sometimes it gets a bit hazy and some quests seem newer or older than you remember etc. I don't know exactly how this would work, as i'm not a real coder (just grap a few basic concepts), but I'd assume it would take a certain amount of manual input linking a true/false or 0/1 to each quest and a check being run searching for true or 1 only when the filter is active. so i can understand that it would still take a little time sorting through them all (if this method is even possible)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users