Exciting Partnerships with SwiftKit & SwiftIRC, and New Tip.It Feature!

Add it to the exceptions list.

A lot of virus scanners and browsers are having issues with the downloads because they no longer have their old 'reputation'. Take DGSweeper for example. It used to be hosted on AutoHotkey.net. So if DGSweeper(.)exe was downloaded from AuoHotkey.net/~DGSweeper/, it was recognised by browsers and anti-viruses as a safe download because it already had a reputation there from being downloaded so many times. It'll just take some time for that reputation to build at the new locations.

That's part of the reason, anyways.

09144a99bb.png

Hello Tip.it!

MVP.png

Insert deep and insightful quote here to appear intelligent, put it in italics to add a dash of more intelligence

MVP - 136 Combat - Maxed 95 Prayer 88 Summoning - Lux Tenebrae - Good Game eSports - Master Level Terran Player

Don't care much for SwiftKit but I've used DGSweeper on the rare occasions I enter a dungeon so this is good news.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

maa virus scanner removes it when try to download oh well

Add it to your whitelist. It's a false positive. Or perhaps temporarily disable it (unplug internet, exit browser etc) while installing it, while reenabling it after.

j0xPu5R.png

Good to see Tip.it advancing so much recently. The website design getting finished up at last and rolled out, and now these partnerships with two of the really great Third-party applications available.

It's a good time for Tip.it :)

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I do NOT Support this SK site. It is NOT a Supported Jagex Client & should not be allowed for anyone to use it. It was know to give Un-fair Advantages in the past (able to get on Full Worlds, hop wolrds faster) it was Hacked in the past few Months this Year iirc?

Tip.it please REMOVE this :thumbdown:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

While it is true that in the past it did allow you get into full worlds and hop faster, they did remove that feature when asked to by Jagex and they always try to comply with Jagex's wishes for things like this.

And the client was not hacked, it's site was. But at one point Tip.it's site was hacked as well, does that mean you will stop trusting Tip.it from that point on?

If you don't wish to use Swiftkit, noone is forcing you.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I do NOT Support this SK site. It is NOT a Supported Jagex Client & should not be allowed for anyone to use it. It was know to give Un-fair Advantages in the past (able to get on Full Worlds, hop wolrds faster) it was Hacked in the past few Months this Year iirc?

We're not forcing you to use SwiftKit if you choose not to. Brainymidget already answered your comment pretty well, but I'll reiterate. It's not fair to use only the past to form your opinion. Yes SwiftKit USED to have "unfair advantages" but that was years and years ago. That is certainly not the case now. SwiftKit abides by all of Jagex's third party client rules. They may not be officially supported, but why does that matter? Should we be prohibited from partnering with any unsupported RuneScape fan sites? Just because they're unsupported does not mean they violate the rules.

And yes the SwiftKit WEBSITE was hacked. The client itself was not. Tip.It was also hacked a few months ago, so does this mean SwiftKit should be the ones saying, "Don't partner with Tip.It -- they're unsafe!" ?

At the end of the day, we can't change your feelings, but we can reiterate that no one is making you use SwiftKit. If you don't want to use the client then you don't have to. And then for you, nothing will seem any different.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The current program (SwiftKit) no longer offers the world switcher functionality. It does not bypass any advertisements and requires you to progress to the login screen through the main page.

The program itself was not compromised; simply the domain was redirected to another site which caused some users to become compromised via use of a java driveby that was hosted on the site it was redirected to. That exploit was removed through the use of a virus scanner (eg. Microsoft Security Essentials). I restate, the client itself wasn't compromised.

e: Tripsis explained it well as well.

j0xPu5R.png

• 3 weeks later...

7D33z.png

Classy, DGSweeper's creator advertising his clan and at the same time talking about how they are linked to RWT in the current Times article.

First, ftfy.

Second, you would be hard-pressed to find any clan out there now that didn't have one or two members RWT'ing. As a result, you'd be downright foolish to blacklist any clan for the actions of only a few members within it. That's Jagex's job (and consequently, it's failure) to control.

Just my personal opinion on this.

hzvjpwS.gif

It is not Tip.It advertising a leech friends chat. It's me.

Sell Dung owners and ranks are very good friends of mine, which is why I chose to help them out for a while. I personally know and am friends with most of their ranks. In fact, when I was talking with Matt two days ago, he was blown away with how many DGSers/ex-DGSwers were in Sell Dung.

They are good people with good intentions. They're not out to scam people. Much like other RuneScapers, they work for their GP. They've been verified by myself and DGS as being legitimate. I wouldn't have advertised just any friends chat with no reputation to risk my users.

Keep in mind that leeching is not against Jagex' rules. Everyone plays the way they wish. While you could consider leechers lazy, that's their style of play. I personally only leech when floors are slow in DGS and Skype. Of course, you're expected to use moderation and common sense when leeching.

Hope this clears things up.

09144a99bb.png

• 1 month later...

If people are allowed to mention sell dung, and since this partnership involves SwiftIrc, I'd like to mention the #keyers IRC channel as an alternative to Sell Dung. You pay a bit extra, but they have vastly superior keyers. (Most of the dg records are held by members of that channel) If you're looking for faster xp/hr over cheap floors, they're definitely the way to go. I've used them for leeching many times in the past. It seems a tad unfair if posters are allowed to advertise sell dung in this thread, but can't mention alternatives.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

People aren't advertising Sell Dung in this thread. They're commenting on a background image which has Sell Dung on it. #Keyers has a lot of dungeoneering records because it has a lot of DGS members, as does Sell Dung. :P.

Tip.It isn't advertising them, nor is this forum. I am, on my application. Seems fair since I've been a member of theirs for a few months. :P. They're great people with great attitudes. I've really enjoyed my time keying with them.

09144a99bb.png