Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Overloads

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Amonitas
[ Display Name History ]

Amonitas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Amonitas
I'm currently almost 84 herb. I can afford to spend 60 million on herb. Is this enough to reach overloads and is it worth selling my Bandos for?
I would like to have something not too expensive, but not too slow either. The best herb training methods are kinda confusing. I heard that one method is to do extremes when you can do them and get like 1500 of all of them so you can start making ovls when you need them. But could I afford it since I couldn't sell the pots back so it would cost a lot more?
Posted Image
Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,840 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab
The idea behind using extremes to train herblore is that you're going to want them sooner or later. So rather then level herb with potions that have resale value, and at a later date make extremes and then overloads for your own personal use, you just train with extremes.

Also, overloads > bandos. Overloads should help you more then bandos does.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Amonitas
[ Display Name History ]

Amonitas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 328 posts
And I can always get Bandos back and whatever and the herblore level is permanent unlike gear yeah.
Now then, any recommendations on how to train and so on? I will obviously be using unfinished pots as otherwise it's a huge waste of time, but I am kinda bad at training Herb so I don't know the common methods on how to do it.
Posted Image

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,590 posts
  • RSN:Rufioso
This should help-
https://docs.google....Y4MU11Rmc#gid=0

edit- the rest of the spread sheets if you're interested.
https://docs.google....RGU3VNQUE#gid=8

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,733 posts
  • RSN:Dyze
It might be an idea to aim for level 92, with the view to obtaining spice and stewing up to 96 to make overloads. Last time I checked the lobby trick still works, this could save you a huge amount of money.

Also, make sure you train the levels on extremes and make them in even-ish numbers, you'll be happy you did this later! Good luck!

Amonitas
[ Display Name History ]

Amonitas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 328 posts
That would be an amazing idea. Currently I make my extremes by spicing up and lobbying for as long as I need. That should save me a lot of money.
Posted Image

JohnTheCop
[ Display Name History ]

JohnTheCop

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • RSN:Lawl Gl Bro
  • RSN2:TacoCarpet
  • Clan:Currently Rouge
Overloads are kind of pointless now as the new combat system makes then not worth getting because rocktails heal more then brews in eoc (unless it changed)
"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,840 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab
Sooooooo, that makes brews useless. How does it make ovls useless? K, makes em less useful since you can't combo them with brews as well, but you've still got every extreme potion in one inventory spot and it keeps the boost at max for 5 minutes. Still sounds like ovls are useful to me.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 6,521 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Meredith????
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
They're less useful, but not useless. I wouldn't recommend making more than a few hundred, though.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users