"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarter, or take any from you!" - Captain Blackbeard

GSVCg.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The few survivors make it to shore~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whether it's been hours or days since the battle, you can't really tell. Slowly, one violent coughing fit or ragged breath at a time, the sea water begins to vacate your lungs and the memories begin to return to you. Yes, there must've been a battle. The blood stains on your sopping wet clothing can attest to that. Through one way or another, you've made it from the battered remains of the sinking ship to land and now it's time for rest. Your mind begins to wander in sleep...

Captain Frega's ship was the most feared vessel known in the Inner Sea region. Its complement consisted of 250 experienced and fearsome pirates, as well as nearly fifty siege weapons, including twenty "dragon cannon" smuggled from distant lands. Captain Frega had terrorized the region for nearly three hundred years and was featured in local legend; his frequent raids on towns even up to ten miles inland made sure that those legends would never die. Nor did he die; one of the secrets that he trusted only to his crew was that he was actually a lich, something that granted him eternal life and allowed him to safely navigate the eye of Abendego, a massive permanent hurricane that only the greatest of sailors have ever survived. He had attracted the attention of powerful adventurers and archmages that sought to end his terror through epic campaigns, but he always returned, with a new ship and a new crew.

Although dissuaded by the high mortality rate and the fact that the employer was an undead monstrosity, for one reason or another, you were accepted and joined his crew (already an achievement) and served under him in some capacity, although given the crew's massive size and experience, it was unlikely that you made it far up the ladder. The ship's success once again attracted the attention of lawful authorities and an entire fleet was dispatched to deal with the problem. The ship hid in the region's natural coves and ports, but with the help of other pirate captains that sought amnesty from the authorities or were jealous of Captain Frega's success, the fleet found and chased the ship into the open ocean, where in a fierce naval battle, Captain Frega's ship was destroyed. Not once did the fleet attempt to grapple or board the ship, so fearful they were of fighting the legendary pirates in hand to hand combat. The fleet scoured the waters for survivors and killed them before returning home.

Except, you did not suffer death, but something much worse for a pirate. Poverty. The fine clothes and fine wine and fine women (or men) seem like a distant memory now. Instead, the only thing that you wear are bloody rags, the only thing you've had too much to drink of is sea water, and the only thing getting in your pants is sand.

Out further along the beach, someone is waving to you. Could it be...another survivor? You stumble your way towards them.

-----

Hopefully that provided enough background information for the most part. This campaign is set in the inner sea region and part of the Arcadian sea. Further details can be found on the Pathfinder wiki or by asking me. The general cultures are the same as in the Golarion setting, but the actual area that this takes place is my own creation.

Creation Rules:

Level 6

1st party Pathfinder SRD sources + Dreamscarred Press Psionics allowed (case by case for other things)

1 bonus skill point per level to be put into either swim or survival skill

25 point buy

2 hero points

It would also be cool to add backstory, to help me and others to get to know your character better. Some possible questions that you might answer:

Where did you come from and how did you end up with Captain Frega?

What position on the ship did you hold/what was your role?

How did you manage to survive and get to land?

And any other information that you'd like to add, but I'm sure that we will get to experience your character's personality first hand once we start. The only thing is that you are PIRATES. Given that, it is probably not wise to attempt and play a paladin, as you will probably lose your powers pretty soon from looting and pillaging (or letting others pillage while you stand by and do nothing to stop them). Also, if you would like to play an unusual or hated race, that is fine by me. It may poison your interactions, but you are already murderers and that will probably lead to some prejudice already. In a society where strength is the only thing that counts, maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue to be an orc.

Also, the captain was an undead monstrosity, so you're probably in the clear there.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Player Listing - Character Name - Race/Class

Grim - ? - Cleric 6

Archimage - Guy Incognito - Fetchling Ninja 6

Nexaduro - Pending - Half Elf Barbarian 6

Neferest - Elgretor of Absalom - Human Wizard (Diviner) 6

Earth - ? - Tengu Rogue 6

-Maps and campaign information here-

You may now post. If everyone is done by next Sunday, we'll probably start then. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Maybe I can try it. Actually I probably can.. But I don't know what kind of charatcer to make or how to make it well. I'll give it shot though.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

If you need help bringing together an idea, Earth, just ask. I enjoy scrounging through the PFSRD more than I should. :thumbup:

I look forwards to this. Just be wary of giving too much monetary freedom, loot is good but Monty Hauls can be bad.

Debating between 'righteous' pyromaniacal Goblin and hovercraft Merman. I'll keep browsing and see what other absurdity I can think of. Possibly a Sverfneblin stowaway.

For reference; are Mouthpick weapons from 3.5 allowed?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hmm... Wish I could play, though this probably conflicts with another game I am playing in. Just a bit of GMing advice, its a fairly common GMing guideline to give Aquatic races an additional level of level adjustment beyond what they would normally get if a campaign is largely naval based due to the massive advantage it grants.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Thanks for the advice. :)

The level adjustment will be an option but I will also be available for talking to tweak races to make them playable without level adjustment, if the main idea is for the flavor of the race rather than having a 60 ft swim speed.

Could you send me a link, Nex? I haven't been able to find a decent copy of the rules of them aside from hearsay.

Sure, nex. I could use the help. I can't seem to make it all fit together in my head. Finish your character first though, so you can play even if I don't get the chance that first session.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I don't really have any links that I can give. The RPGnet review for Lords of Madness verifies that they do, in fact, exist (the +1 weapon enchantment provided, of course, to make Beholders even weirder by swinging around magical halberds), but hearsay (and an excerpt from the Lords of Madness that I couldn't find again) suggests that besides its nature as a +1 enchant allowing weapons to be wielded in the mouth of creatures with a bite attack, no information on use is provided.

This, of course, leads to the vast majority of players who look to use the enchant to try wielding greatswords in their mouth and use them for two-weapon fighting.

I, on the other hand, just want to reference Dark Souls.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It sounds fine to me, but I'm not exactly sure how they actually work mechanically. I assume that the idea is to TWF while keeping a hand free?

It seems that this is something that can't be replicated from Pathfinder, so let's talk about it and try to see how it will work.

On a campaign related note, would it be possible for a cleric to worship, and draw power from the concept of death (and it being a two way door), or perhaps be one of the few (Read <100 total) worshipers of an old azlanti death god (which is currently more like a demi god, due to the whole lack of worshipers). I say this because pretty much all of the deities that have the death domain don't really appeal to me.

LNYvk.png

Yes, certainly. Either one of those options sound great. If you go down the death god route, maybe write a bit about their traditions and beliefs so that at some point in the future, I can incorporate the backstory into the campaign.

Since I am somewhat familiar with the previously mentioned Mouthpick Weapon enchantment, I will provide some clarifications on the enchantment:

+1 enchantment bonus; weapon may replace a natural bite attack(may grant additional attacks per turn based on base attack bonus depending on the circumstance) or wielded as normal; Grants Proficency in the use of the weapon when wielded in place of a bite attack; Rules are self contradictary on if they are allowed to be applied to weapons not intended for large creatures. (I would advise against allowing the ability as the rule does a terrible job at explaining the rule outside of its main context of a beholder using it, not to mention loopholes in the rules allowing silly things that were obviously not intended)

Does it grant any extra iterative attacks, or does it just give the option to use it for iterative attacks instead of the primary weapon?

Does it grant any extra iterative attacks, or does it just give the option to use it for iterative attacks instead of the primary weapon?

It replaces the natural bite attack so it does not inherently grant another attack, though it does force you to invoke the whole mess of rules pertaining to dealing with a combination of manufactured and natural attacks in full attacks

Spectacular. :P

I will allow that enhancement. Seems fine to me and has interesting flavor.

Also when I have some free time and I'm just reading some stuff (like now), I'll be on #Windward to answer questions and help out.

Pfft, you don't even stay in the chat for an hour.

Can't expect me to find my way there in time. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well I'm there now.

Darn, there's a thunderstorm. Hopefully this post gets through before my internet explodes again.

Gorum it.

Well, I'm sure we'll get the chance eventually.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5-VA7hTe2Q&feature=related

If had known you were online I would have asked a bunch of questions. *Rolls eyes*

The only thing remaining outstanding is permission to trade in 2 pointbuy points for an extra feat (specifically Exotic Weapon Proficency (Wakizashi), I had originally wanted a Katana and Wakizashi, but it just becomes a very convoluted mess, and given that I am am not THAT character orientated I just dropped it.)

Where did you come from and how did you end up with Captain Freya?

"I will tell you, but not here, it is not a tale for those men of mortality, please, come over here and I shall..."

"Then what happened?"

"I filleted him like a fish."

"Just for asking where you came from?"

"Partly that..."

"What else was it?"

"Care to come over here?"

"Errr, no."

"Ok then."

What position on the ship did you hold/what was your role?

"Fixer. I fix things."

How did you manage to survive and get to land?

*Points at the Rowboat, then at the Handy Haversack, then furrows eyebrows and looks for some shade*

Name: Guy Incognito

[hide]

Player Name: Archi

Race: Fetchling

Class: Ninja 6

Strength: 8

Dexterity: 20 (17)

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 14

Wisdom: 10 (12)

Charisma: 14 (12)

HP: 44

AC: 19 (Flat 19, Touch 15)

Initative: +5

BAB: +4

Fortitude: +4

Reflex: +10

Will: +2

Melee: +3

Ranged: +9

CMB: +9

CMD: 18

----------------------------

Racial Traits:

+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom

Native Outsider

Medium

Normal Speed

Dark Vision

Low-Light Vision

Skilled: +2 Knowledge (Planes) & Stealth

Shadow Blending: Attacks against a fetchling in dim light have a

50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This ability

does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance.

Shadowy Resistance: Resistance 5 VS Cold and Electricity

Spell Like Abilities: Attacks against a fetchling in dim light have a

50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This ability

does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance.

Favoured Class Bonus: +2 on Stealth & Slieght of Hand in dim light/darkness

-----------------------------

Class Traits:

Poison Use:

Sneak Attack: +3d6

Ki Pool: 5

No Trace: +2

Uncanny Dodge:

Light Steps:

Tricks:

Vanishing Trick

Fast Stealth

Pressure Points

Feats:

Two Weapon Wielding

Weapon Finesse

Agile Manuevers

Languages: Common, Tengu, Sylvan, Aquana, Dracononic, +1

Skills:

Acrobatics: 14

Appraise: 3

Bluff: 11

Climb: -1

Craft(untrained): 2

Diplomacy: 10

Disable Device: 14

Disguise: 10

Escape Artist: 14

Fly: 5

Heal:-1

Initimidate: 3

Knowledge (Local): 10

Knowledge (Planes): 3

Linguistics: 9

Perception: 9

Perform(Untrained): 2

Profession (Sailor): 4

Ride: 5

Sense Motive: 5

Sleight of Hand: 14

Stealth: 20

Survival: -1

Swim: 8

-------------------

Weapons:

Heirloom Keen Adamantium Katana:

Wielded: Primary

To Hit: 10

Damage: 1d8+1

Critical Range: 16-20 *2

Cost: 5,050

Misc: Deadly - +4 Coup de Grace, Ignores Hardness below 20

Keen Wakizashi:

Wielded: Off-Hand

To Hit: 10

Damage: 1d6

Critical Range: 16-20 *2

Cost: 2,335

Misc: Deadly - +4 Coup de Grace

-------------------------

Inventory:

Handy Haversack: 2,000, Carried, 5lb

Gloves of Darkness: 3,600, Hands, +6 Stealth, 0lb

Keen Adamantium Wakizashi: 5,035, Primarcy 2lb

Keen Wakizashi: 2,335, Off-Hand 2lb

Mithril Shirt: 1,100, Torso 10lb

Outfit (Cold-Weather): 0, Clothing 7lb

Chain Belt: 15, Belt, 0.25lb

Blanket(Winter): 0.5, HH 3lb

Block and Tackle: 5, HH 5lb

Caltrops: 1, HH 2lb *10

Candle: 0.01, HH 0lb *10

Chalk: 0.01, HH 0lb *5

Flint and Steel: 1, HH 0lb

Grappling Hook: 1, HH 4lb

Manacles (Masterwork/Medium): 50, HH 2lb *2

Manacles (Masterwork/Small): 50, HH 2lb

Mirror (Small/Steel): 10, HH 2lb *2

Oar: 2, HH 10lb *2

Oil: 0.1, HH 1lb *2

Piton: 0.1, HH 0.5lb *15

Rope (Silk/50ft):lb 10, HH 5lb *5

Rowboat: 50, HH 100lb

Waterskin(Filled): 1, HH 4lb

Darklight Lantern: 200, HH 3lb (loaded)

Elemental Breath: 80, HH 0.5lb *5

Flask of Shadowcloy: 24, HH 1lb *20

Moonrod: 10, HH 1lb *10

Signal Kite Kit: 5, HH 0lb *20

Dust of Greater Darkness: 90, HH 0lb *2

Concentrated Fire Ink (8 doses) 80gp

45.35 GP

22.25 lb / 26.00

[/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I have good news for you, because you can have that proficiency for free! Yep, I'm just such a nice DM.

On a possibly related note: ninjas get that proficiency for free anyways. As well as the katana, and I think most of the eastern weapons. :)

] Weapon and Armor Proficiency[/b]: Ninja are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the kama, katana, kusarigama, nunchaku, sai, shortbow, short sword, shuriken, siangham, and wakizashi. They are proficient with light armor but not with shields.

Also I mispelled the captain's name on the second part. It's Frega. :oops:

On chat #Windward for probably an hour and a half or so. I might be afk, but only for ten or twenty minute periods.