Really Jagex? Really?

Youmu

So just a few minutes ago I got perm banned by Jagex for "goldfarming macro".

And I don't even know how a bot works or want to use it. (In fear of getting hacked)

Jagex, your "bot detection" system shouldn't be putting the innocent in this kind of situation... some people like me 100% support Botany Bay happening and want this change to happen, not to become a suspect of being on the botters' side...

Why is it that out of all the people you chose to ban for macro... you chose me, probably the last man on earth to consider this option...

Why would you banhammer someone that's so [bleep]ing clueless about the deep dark side...

Oh well, back to League of Legends I guess...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What?!?!? :eek:

This is exactly what I was afraid of, that the automatic system would throw up false positives on legit players. I hope you're going to challenge this, Sonic.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I thought they were going to give first warnings anyway..?

My blacklist was clean. I had no warnings from Jagex ever, for ANY kind of offense.

And BAM this suddenly happens.

• Like 2

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

For general macroing I believe they give warnings, but they mentioned autotypers / goldfarmers being banned instantly. Since goldfarming was the offence, it would have been an instant ban.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Whilst false positives are certainly not good I do wonder if there are any more details here that may shed some light on the nature of how this occured.

Like do you/have you used mousekeys?

Autohotkey?

Gone on dragon bot killing sprees?

Been hijacked at any point recently?

Has jagex given any evidence for the ban?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Whilst false positives are certainly not good I do wonder if there are any more details here that may shed some light on the nature of how this occured.

Like do you/have you used mousekeys? no (can it be used on mac?)

Autohotkey? no

Gone on dragon bot killing sprees? done it like once... which is a few months ago

Been hijacked at any point recently? was also hacked a few months ago... but since then my password & bankpin was always intact

Has jagex given any evidence for the ban? "evidence cannot be shown"

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I did hear somewhere that most of the bots came from the Asia region. Maybe Jagex's attempt to ban all players from there?

I'm quite terrified now.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Unfortunately it's very possible geography is hurting you here. Do you live in an apartment building? Perhaps someone in the same building as you is gold farming.

I would write to customer support. Once a jmod manually looks at your account's activities/trade history/daily xp gains you will be cleared, of that I'm confident.

Unfortunately it's very possible geography is hurting you here. Do you live in an apartment building? Perhaps someone in the same building as you is gold farming.

I would write to customer support. Once a jmod manually looks at your account's activities/trade history/daily xp gains you will be cleared, of that I'm confident.

I live in a mansion for god's sake =.= and the area where I live in is full of foreigners or rich people, and no one except me plays Runescape, so I'm pretty sure no one I know gold farms.

I hope I get cleared, but it's been nearly 2 hours and still no response from Customer Support...

As a side note, I'd also like to mention my main (Mister Sonic) is my only active account. I only have one other account (Cyan Laser) but it's f2p and I never really play on it much these days.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ah. Well then.

In case anyone is reading this and is thinking " Obviously you gold farmed and now you are just crying wolf" you can look at his xp gains here. http://runetrack.com...er=Mister_Sonic

Hugely varied amounts of experience every day and in all different skills. So obviously a legit player. A gold farmer would get similar xp gains everyday and in the same skill (hunting for example).

I'm really disturbed that this system is throwing up false positives already. And when confidence in Jagex was at an all time high too...

In case anyone is reading this and is thinking " Obviously you gold farmed and now you are just crying wolf" you can look at his xp gains here. http://runetrack.com...er=Mister_Sonic

If anyone is reading this and thinking that, then they don't know Sonic.

• Like 3

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Now if it were the case of botting, I would have slightly doubted Sonic for claiming to be innocent.

But this is goldfarming, and of all people, I would never expect Sonic to goldfarm. I suspect it is your region you reside from that caused this ban.. which is worrying for me and other Asia players.

Are you forum banned as well?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Are you from China?

How did you buy your p2p? p2p pins for rs gold?

Involved in gambling/flower games?

What did the hacker do to your account? Just clear it out of items or perhaps bot on it?

Just curious.

Now if it were the case of botting, I would have slightly doubted Sonic for claiming to be innocent.

But this is goldfarming, and of all people, I would never expect Sonic to goldfarm. I suspect it is your region you reside from that caused this ban.. which is worrying for me and other Asia players.

Are you forum banned as well?

Unfortunately I've been forum banned as well, but as of now I'm doing my best to try and spread the word of this to as many people as possible. I really don't want any more cases of this occuring.

(As a side note I have zero knowledge on scripts, aside from forums and basic HTML from my crew days. ^_^)

@Kaur: I got my irl friend to buy me stuff online on Taobao with my own money, not just membership cards but also things like my Macbook case cover, headphones, etc. I also don't gamble/stake in fear of getting cleaned. And yes I am from China.

o about the hacker from a few months ago, he just dropped whatever I had equipped on me (which was torags, whip, dfs, glory, row, regen brace). Strangely he didn't drop my dg cape.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

[bleep]. I hope it's a mistake on Jagex's part!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I hope this is a mistake, but then again there have been a number of well-known members here at Tip.It who have turned out to be gold farmers. I think you're playing the victim card too hard by changing your signature to "omg jagflax baned me cuz Im chinese! der racest," and it's making me doubt your sincerity.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No need to be a dick, Omali.

That kind of threads have been popping up a lot recently over various other rs fansites. Surely there has to be something behind it. They all have been from China.

I hope this is a mistake, but then again there have been a number of well-known members here at Tip.It who have turned out to be gold farmers. I think you're playing the victim card too hard by changing your signature to "omg jagflax baned me cuz Im chinese! der racest," and it's making me doubt your sincerity.

That's not quite how the signature read, and you're the one to bring race into the discussion.

There is no card. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make people aware that false positives happen or providing a brief explanation of "RIP Mister Sonic"

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're kind of being a [rooster].

Ok I admit, I edited out the part in my signature where I jumped to conclusions and thought Jagex had racial inclinations.

But I too have read about other such cases, and it really does make you think, doesn't it? :|

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ah... I did see that pre-edit, but read it as acting on the country associated with an IP address rather than anything racial, seeing as they couldn't really know the latter.

Introducing (presumably) deliberate grammatical and spelling errors in a paraphrase passed off as a quote is a rubbish way of making a point.

I have very little doubt that users connecting from Chinese addresses are weighted toward the gold farmer bin. Depending on Jagex's data, it may even seem the sensible thing to do.