Double Mining XP Quest Reward

BryanTran

EDIT: 40k Agility XP @ http://forum.tip.it/topic/315182-double-mining-xp-quest-reward/#entry5322007 Credit to Jeremy841

A very quick, and rewarding tip for those of you looking to enjoy this weekend:

Requirements: 80 Mining or boost to 80 Mining

I just got 60k mining xp in just a few seconds.

A few hours before the Bonus XP Weekend started, I did Diamond in the Rough, and a friend said that there was a hidden bonus after the quest was completed. It was worth 20k mining xp. So I decided to research this, so I could also reap this reward. RSWiki mentions that this bonus stacks with items such as, the Lava Flow suit, Pendants and Prized Pendants of Skill, and other mining boosts. What it didn't mention was a BXPW stack bonus, or if the Mad May Necklace worked. So I decided to try for myself.

I don't have any other items beside my Mad May Necklace and the Bonus XP Weekend 2.0x multiplier. What could work is a Mining Ring from Clan Citadels, though I didn't try it.

Enter the Kalphite Nursery, marked on the world map as being north-west of the Kalphite Lair, and head east into the tunnel. You're backtracking the tunnel route during the quest. Once there, return into the room you were placed in after the quicksand trap was triggered. There's a small crack on the ground.

Mining it without any boost is 20k xp. I received 60k xp. Those without any items would get 40k xp, through interpolation, if they did not bring any items, from now through Monday.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thank you. I'll have to do this ASAP.. Hopefully it doesn't get 'nerfed.' :P.

EDIT: Confirmed it gives double XP.

If anyone wants 40k Agility XP as well, this is doubled too.

(This is the location where you built the monkey camp during the Do-no-Evil quest.)

34dpen5.png

a07vc2.png

• Like 2

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Edit: Gof ammy works, clan ring doesnt

Clan ring doesn't stack with BXP, so it might work if anyone didn't do this during bxpw.

Alas, I had already done these before bxpw.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014