Another Nail in the Coffin

Resistance

rad0GIu.jpg

Another Nail in the Coffin

Character creation:

Starting level 6

equal 4d6 equivalent. Three rolls, hardcore mode.

6,000 GP base starting wealth.

Two traits.

Half HP + 1

Nobility

House/alternate Rules:

• Epic Six (no custom feats allowed currently)
  • Metamagic can be added to magical items with appropriate level change.
  • Removal of spending restriction (1/2 WBL)
  • Called Shots
  • Massive Damage with Scars and Wounds
  • All Paizo approved sources allowed.
  • Dying is serious

Time

The game runs at 7:00 PM GMT/2:00 PM Sundays

Links

Map of the World

Noble Houses

[spoiler=Previous Poll results]

Vk8Jn.png

ePRlp.png

[spoiler=Archive]

Pretty much nothing here is set in stone: Although I've taken the liberty of deciding some ofthe specifics (ability score, starting level, etc) based on what was discussed in the IRC and what I think is best, all of it is changeable if there's a better option. Make a decision now because retconning some of these things during a game will just be hassle.

With multiple GM's, hopefully we will create a rich enjoyable setting that lasts us a pretty long time.

The poll hasn't been very well designed, as Retech pointed out - a good adventure will have all of the campaign Foci so doing a vote on it won't be very helpful and as Alg pointed out: it's unlikely that we're going to agree on anything. Anyway, I want to make the thread today so just tolerate the poll's imperfections for now; a poll is not a good indicator of the quality of the finished game. The campaign focus is just an indicator about which parts of campaigns are most well liked so that GM's can design their adventures accordingly, it's just a guide rather than something set in stone like the setting (except you can probably take a boat somewhere else to get away from the setting).

The GM's will rotate, that doesn't mean it needs to be a strict rotor and it will probably be a lot more fun if one person will run an arc over one or two sessions rather than forcing people to switch every session and awkwardly having to share notes and such. I'm volunteering to GM (I would like to run the first adventure) and Retech said that he would be able to a story arc. It would be helpful if everybody who knows how to GM would sign up for the GM rotary so that the burden of GMing isn't as bad.

For the sake of roleplay I think it would be really helpful if everybody created characters with a common goal apart from being from all being amoral avarists with an array of personality defects. A hatred of a certain species, everybody worshipping the same God or all working for a certain person. Boons should be allowed if they're fitting and don't give a glaring advantage, it's not a question of the price, they can be fluffed as unsellable, it's a question of whether they won't unbalance the game at early levels and be fitting to the story.

Without a persistent GM the allowance of 3pp might pose a problem but I'm sure that if we post it with the reasons why you think it should be allowed and then discuss it without considering the character's interests then we should be able to carefully allow reasonable 3pp/3.5/homebrew. It's also a lot easier if you select one small thing rather than request a whole manual.

If somebody is banned/not-present but wants to be involved then have them tell the votes to a trustworthy person and I'll account for them when I count up the votes.

That should cover everything, discuss what characters you want to play and any story elements you like. If anybody has any ideas for a campaign name please post it because "Rotating GM Pathfinder" is a little banal. Also, let's try and get this thing going as quickly as possible.

qTLQRuS.png

I have a general idea of what I'll be playing. Something on the lines of an honorable ninja assassin cat.

Probably will be something like a Paladin Ninja Shadowdancer or something of that nature.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Leaning toward either fighter or sorcerer, personally. May or may not attempt GMing if I learn how.

You'd be a great GM.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Not sure who'd I play as except maybe the healer/support dude.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Emerging guns is the Pathfinder standard, so probably should just go with that.

On a possible related note, I've switched over to gunslinger shadowdancer. Still going to use a whip though.

I'm gonna be an Aasimar Druid/something, I'm looking at Monk right now, but if anyone knows a better fighter class for me to multiclass to, I'd appreciate the help.

EDIT: Wait, not Druid, some other spellcaster with a familiar.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, have a look at alchemist:

It imbues bombs and potions with magical effects meaning that any loyal (or geased) creature with a bag of holding can act as your familar. This also lets you use creatures higher than CR 1 which is the level of the improved familars.

You use mutagens and spells to transform yourself into a hulking beast, sort of similar to a Druid but it scales up better with levels and you can fly.

Every two levels (on top of feats) you gain a discovery which can do things like increase the potency of your bombs and make them

And just think of the possibilities if you combined with fleshcrafting, there are so many possibilities for this.

And there's no need to multiclass with anything since you're already a competent fighter.

Alg, we're definitely in need of GM's if you would be able to. Essentially you just need to be confident in your knowledge of how combat and checks work and you'll be well on your way to GMimg. As with windward we will likely scrap WBL if anybody starts any ventures but the treasure per encounter table will still be useful.

I'm going to go wizard with all the magical crafting feats and stockpile money by charging 60% base price and 70% if its really cheap and not worth my time.

On Sunday we will join in IRC to discuss character options and other things, then, in the following week we will then start the following week.

qTLQRuS.png

I have a general idea of what I'll be playing. Something on the lines of an honorable ninja assassin cat.

Probably will be something like a Paladin Ninja Shadowdancer or something of that nature.

Stop trying to be a cat

If I were a GM, I'd allow you an alternate Kitsune (a Catsune, if you will) just to get you off of that absurd tangent.

If I play this I might go for a Wizardy type.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You mean Catfolk? But really, comparing that to Kitsune isn't going to work. A Kitsune is a shapechanger with two or three shapes. Their natural form is an anthropomorphic fox, then there's a human form which is described as being regular human, but always leaning towards lithe beauty and then there are some that can change shape into a regular fox. The human shape is not something that takes an effort to maintain, as many Kitsune tend to stay in their human shape in mixed race societies. Furthermore some Kitsune can even manipulate their human form so as to take the appearance of any individual they have met.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

No, not inquisition. As a folower of Sarenrae I have no intention of unneccessary killing, but rather simply to have all leave the path of evil by any means neccessary. Sarenrae's teachings are to kill only those who refuse to change their ways, with as little suffering as possible, and to aid those who seek redemption.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

<p>

No, not inquisition. As a folower of Sarenrae I have no intention of unneccessary killing, but rather simply to have all leave the path of evil by any means neccessary. Sarenrae's teachings are to kill only those who refuse to change their ways, with as little suffering as possible, and to aid those who seek redemption.

I'm also going to be a follower of Sarenrae, so there's another angle to use. Planning to be a bit more uncompromising when it comes to the undead though.Going to actually give roleplaying a try this time around.

I'm going to go no-holds-barred chaotic good. The ends always justifying the means, allowing redemption being akin to compromise and exacting justice with the edge of a sword. I think with a cowl, a cape of the mountebank and something to let my fly I can become a medieval batman.

tumblr_lh9287nLuv1qcfk59o1_500.png

qTLQRuS.png

<p>

I'm also going to be a follower of Sarenrae, so there's another angle to use. Planning to be a bit more uncompromising when it comes to the undead though.Going to actually give roleplaying a try this time around.

I won't hesitate to put down feral undead, but those capable of engaging in conversation I shall attempt to persuade. Though depending on whether or not vampyres can sustain themselves on blood of non-sentient creatures and if there are any willing creatures around, what I offer them may be salvation through drinking mine.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm going to go no-holds-barred chaotic good. The ends always justifying the means, allowing redemption being akin to compromise and exacting justice with the edge of a sword. I think with a cowl, a cape of the mountebank and something to let my fly I can become a medieval batman.

tumblr_lh9287nLuv1qcfk59o1_500.png

I think the cloak of flying turns into bat wings

I'm currently debating between Fistbeard (Witch/Barbarian), MegaSAD (Kensai/etc), Immortalon (Synthesist), and the Defenestrationist (Aasimar Cleric) for my character.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex, it's a little expensive so I can't afford it with my starting money, I am considering getting the cloak of the bat (13,000 GP crafting price) which allows only seven minutes flying with a seven minute cooldown and only in darkness but it gives a stealth bonus and the ability to polymorph into a bat which is fairly nice fluff.

Mather, feeding vampires is both an evil and stupidly dangerous act. Although recent media has been portraying vampires as good people with a curse, the vampires in pathfinder are traditional, experiencing detachment from the human condition and making them innately evil. Even on the off-chance that somebody decides to create a vampire reminiscent of twilight it's just not worth taking the risk of healing a vampire up so that it can kill us all.

Even in real life, forcing people to admit salvation under duress is likely to have them backstab you at an opportune moment - likely after you've just weakened yourself with blood drain and healed a vampire up to double their hit points. An innately evil creature with an array of dangerous abilities is even more likely to feign a plea for redemption so it can backstab you.

I certainly don't want to risk the death of multiple innocents and myself for the sake of an innately evil being.

Also, playing virtual therapist isn't fun.

That being said, maybe Mather does have a point. Any large institution we face could probably benefit from psychological operations rather than simply going for all-out attacks. Even though we're letting evil go unpunished, that's a necessary evil for the dissolution of whatever evil institution we may have to take on. Likewise, using evil upon itself like the use of Daemonhosts in 40k (fighting fire with fire) is another acceptable and efficient way of destroying evil.

qTLQRuS.png

Nex, it's a little expensive so I can't afford it with my starting money, I am considering getting the cloak of the bat (13,000 GP crafting price) which allows only seven minutes flying with a seven minute cooldown and only in darkness but it gives a stealth bonus and the ability to polymorph into a bat which is fairly nice fluff.

Alternatively, be a sylph and invest in a wing cloak (here). The fact that all sylphs are obsessive stalkers would mean that you're already investigating everyone.

Egh. I have no idea how to play my character. Once you guys have all this sorted out, let me know what you need and I'll delve into the rulebooks to find what I can figure out.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Mather, feeding vampires is both an evil and stupidly dangerous act. Although recent media has been portraying vampires as good people with a curse, the vampires in pathfinder are traditional, experiencing detachment from the human condition and making them innately evil. Even on the off-chance that somebody decides to create a vampire reminiscent of twilight it's just not worth taking the risk of healing a vampire up so that it can kill us all.

Even in real life, forcing people to admit salvation under duress is likely to have them backstab you at an opportune moment - likely after you've just weakened yourself with blood drain and healed a vampire up to double their hit points. An innately evil creature with an array of dangerous abilities is even more likely to feign a plea for redemption so it can backstab you.

I certainly don't want to risk the death of multiple innocents and myself for the sake of an innately evil being.

Also, playing virtual therapist isn't fun.

That being said, maybe Mather does have a point. Any large institution we face could probably benefit from psychological operations rather than simply going for all-out attacks. Even though we're letting evil go unpunished, that's a necessary evil for the dissolution of whatever evil institution we may have to take on. Likewise, using evil upon itself like the use of Daemonhosts in 40k (fighting fire with fire) is another acceptable and efficient way of destroying evil.

I'm thinking more Buffy than Twilight. Vampires may be innately evil, but that doesn't means it's impossible for them to overcome it.

Also the reason I said I'd feed them to offer salvation is because I've got Angelic Blood, which is so full of celestial energy that if I start bleeding, any undead adjacent to me takes damage.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1