Player-Owned Ports: Voyage Calculator

Xena_Dragon

maybe a remember button so i dont have to put in everything every time, not sure if thats possible

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

maybe a remember button so i dont have to put in everything every time, not sure if thats possible

You might need to update your browser if the data is not saved automagically. Saving data works ok in Internet Explorer 8 and higher, and current up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.

Xena_Dragon.png

Notice that it doesn't seem to care about solidarity or there is something that doesn't quite work right, I shifted some of my crew around and got over 7% higher success rate.

popcalc2.th.png

popcalc2.th.png

popcalc3.th.png

popcalc4.th.png

Let me know if you need more explination.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

hey guys,

Currently traits are not supported, but its something im working on adding, along with a whole host of other features.

We could have waited until there was nothing left to add to this before releasing it... however it was decided that it would be far better to release it as is, and update when possible as people can use it right now and its still really useful.

Traits is one of the next things im working on so its pretty high up on my list. :)

Im unsure why the check/uncheck all wouldnt work though, could you let us know which browser / version you are using when that happens promise?

Thanks for feedback people :)

im a penguin ^^

Very good work with the calculator, I have used it and it does a great work to take the guessing out of the voyages. I'm using chrome on linux and it is working fine. I played with the "use" checks and it worked fine to exclude crew that is already in a trip.

As far as I have watched the ports the traits are already included in your crew stats, so you don't have to worry about them. The only one you need to include so far is the solidarity one.

As I said before, good work, congratulations pingu.

Love this calculator, takes the guesswork and hassle of trying to figure which crewmates or captain I need for voyages. Just one little suggestion I would like to put to who ever made this. "Make an check-box for who you want to be in your crew as an option so if you wanted a merchant, trader or someone with a speed boost to be tried to be included to boost rewards or cut travel time"

• Like 1

wolfsoul, I will see what can be done to bring this in with a future update. Good suggestion.

plugpoint, What happens when you press the level+ button? Do you have a crew member already selected from the dropdown list and their avatar showing before pressing the level+ button?

it should increment their level by 1, and increase their base stats by 10% of their bse (normal levelling not including random personal boosts or traits).

im a penguin ^^

I had it first too that buttons and check all weren't working but that seems fixed for me now.

Maybe a usefull addon:

An option to select which units are on which ship. Checkboxes 1 through 4 under the level+ button. (maybe colored boxes darkred, darkblue, darkgreen, darkyellow).

A button to quickly add the "best" calculated crew to a ship.

And some buttons to toggle a ships crew back to "use".

For the rest, big thumbs up, great tool.

[Edit]Not quite really about this, but for the timers: I would love to see at what time my ships would arrive, it would make it a whole lot easier than to calculate that for myself.[/Edit]

• Like 1

Notice that it doesn't seem to care about solidarity or there is something that doesn't quite work right, I shifted some of my crew around and got over 7% higher success rate.

popcalc2.th.png

popcalc2.th.png

popcalc3.th.png

popcalc4.th.png

Let me know if you need more explination.

Solidarity has now been added to the calculator.

Xena_Dragon.png

I've input all my crew info and when I calculated, all it did was highlight the first option for all 3 ship parts and none of my crew. It's like all my numbers and check marks didn't even register or something. Any suggestions?

This is absolutely fantastic! I do have quite a few suggestions though (don't take that as a bad thing!):

• Being shown the effects of the addition of up to three 'Ration Pack', 'Powder Keg' and 'Seasinger's Bottled Cry'.
  • At the moment, the calculator always chooses five crew members. It would be nice to see the best options with fewer than 5 crew members used, as well as those with 5 used, so we can choose the final member(s) if we don't like the set up of the five offered.
  • In addition to maximising success, we should be able to state other criteria and rank them in order of importance, such as trying to place certain crew members on board, e.g. those with the trait 'merchant'.
  • Speed should also be added, with a dropdown box for the voyage saying which zone it is from, and getting speed to the maximum required for the zone added as one of the aforementioned choosable criteria.
  • A dropdown box for the number of ships in your possession and a simple way to select crew members and put them on a ship (and take them off again when the ship returns).

I have one final suggestion, but I have no idea whether it's feasible (I know little about programming and computing time).

• We should be able to enter ALL the voyages on offer (stating which special missions are mutually exclusive) and the calculator work out the best setups, given our criteria, for four voyages (this obviously includes at least one special voyage), three voyages, two voyages and one voyage. In addition, something to consider would be a box by each voyage to type in the success rate below which you just won't do it, so it can automatically skip showing you a terrible result which you definitely won't like!

As it stands, you can, for example, easily send off two voyages at 100%, but then be left with something at 55%. It would be extremely useful to calculate for all voyages at once and know you can send out three at, say, 85% at least, even before seeing what new voyages appear as you send them off. The reason for giving it for four voyages AND three etc. is that if the calculator gives you four voyages at 60%, you can decide against that and look at three and see that it's something like 90% and go with that.

Sorry to be so demanding, but perhaps consider it a challenge?

• Like 1

A useful feature would be the ability to 'save' and 'load' the crew and ship information to and from a plain text format. I play RuneScape both on my desktop and laptop, and it is annoying having to keep the stats up to date on both computers. This would be so much easier if I could edit the stats on one computer, then request a textual version of those stats, and load those into the other computer.

Many thanks for the calculator, it is a great help!

~ Fireball0236

• Like 1

plugpoint, What happens when you press the level+ button? Do you have a crew member already selected from the dropdown list and their avatar showing before pressing the level+ button?

it should increment their level by 1, and increase their base stats by 10% of their bse (normal levelling not including random personal boosts or traits).

Nothing happened when I clicked the button - none of the numbers changed, not even the level number. It's working fine for me now though.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

A useful feature would be the ability to 'save' and 'load' the crew and ship information to and from a plain text format. I play RuneScape both on my desktop and laptop, and it is annoying having to keep the stats up to date on both computers. This would be so much easier if I could edit the stats on one computer, then request a textual version of those stats, and load those into the other computer.

~ Fireball0236

If you use chrome and sign in on both it might be able to transfer it across. I'm not sure how in-depth the information thats carried across is though.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Heya,

i just discovered the Pop Voyage Calculator and think its really a great tool! While i personally like switching crew around and trying to find a good setup myself it may still help a lot with the really difficult multi-skill voyages and its also a great overview to keep track of crew and allows figuring next journeys out while ships are sailing.

One thing i feel that is missing and would be great to be included in future versions is speed.

I think this would mean adding a speed value to crew members, then two checkboxes for area (for example scythe region) and if its a normal voyage (storyline, usual region related goods) or long voyage (scrolls, trade goods).

Then for the calculator it would be nice to have at least 2 options like "only optimise speed with 100% success rate" or "maximise speed first, then calculate best success rate" maybe a 3rd option to try to find a good result for speed and stats treating them as equally important. An advanced version could maybe also offer the option to set up a minimum success rate that should be reached (for example 90%+) before making optimising speed a priority.

Thank you again for the great calculator! Will use it regularly for setting up journeys from now on :)

~ Fireball0236

If you use chrome and sign in on both it might be able to transfer it across. I'm not sure how in-depth the information thats carried across is though.

Nope, that won't work. Chrome does not support transfer of this data.

The calculator data is stored in what is called Local Storage. It's a bit like cookies, but has some advantages: You can store much more data than you can in cookies, and the data is not sent between client and server at every request. It only resides, and stays, on the user's PC. This also means that Local Storage cannot (or not easily) be transferred from one browser to another. I'm looking into ways of synchronizing the calculator's data by uploading it from PC to a database, and then downloading that data to another PC but that's still in the how-shall-I-actually-do-that phase. Until then, I'm afraid you'll have to enter your data on more than one PC if you happen to use more than one...

Xena_Dragon.png

Is it possible to add a downloadable version of this script or does it have to be Tip.it itself? Currently No-script on Firefox (my primary browser) blocks much of the script even though Tip.it is on the whitelist... while the checkboxes and others seem to be a bit funky on Chrome. Additionally, if possible:

- Add an option to force-set a crewmember onto a voyage, or add a checkbox to "Forcefully add a merchant"

- The random event effects need to be added (though I assume they will be?)

- Add an option to calculate speed

Until then, Imma stick to Veiva's calculator.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]