• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Looking back, the 90+ Pest Control clans were probably the first example of higher RuneScape players systematically trying to prevent lower players from joining in their activities, because back then there was only one boat and having too many low levels watering down the quality of the team meant you were almost guaranteed to lose. The insane XP rates PC offered at the time, and the lack of portal shields, meant higher levels were losing out massively on potential rewards if they continued to allow lower levels to stay with them.

That was where player protectionism really started, from my perspective. Monster hunting clans came after, as did Dungeoneering clans, but both were based around the same principle as PC clans; "if you're not good enough for us, you're holding us back, so [bleep] off". (DG clans less so because DG speed is more about good gating than combat performance)

I got a lvl 1 clue, and found a white beret.

Someone offered me 30m EoCscape money for it, but since I have no need for it I ended up selling for 23k.

I feel rich, hopefully that was a good deal (most people were offering around 15-20k for it).

• Like 4

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I got a lvl 1 clue, and found a white beret.

Someone offered me 30m EoCscape money for it, but since I have no need for it I ended up selling for 23k.

I feel rich, hopefully that was a good deal (most people were offering around 15-20k for it).

Excellent to hear. People such as yourself are the only hope for oldschool scape not becoming 'Who has the most EoC-gp-scape'.

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

Nabbaged, good lad - lets keep the economy split :)

Does anybody know the ideal list of quests for starting a zerker pure, landing on 45 def and 43ish prayer? I had one from 2008 but cant find it now. This list also included ideal quests for rfd too - if anyone has it or knows them please let me know!

Has anyone made a spreadsheet or a list of what quests to do in which order for the most xp?

There is one on Runescape wiki.

If you know where it is, could be a good chap and link me to it?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I just got a loop half of a key, know how much those are worth considering they indirectly get you dragonstones?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

134,500 total active players right now...I don't think runescape has seen those kind of numbers since before EOC-scape, maybe even longer (don't really remember).

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

bs/10... why do they keep giving into the whiners who are too lazy to deal with (bleeping) change....

They did this for free trade, and I'm willing to bet we'll get yet another "vote" like we did for that. Enough whining, the game will never be what it was in 2007, stop whining and move the f(leep) on people.

There will not be the same community, there will be only our current climate of bots, douchebaguettes and no honour (bleeps)

You get the character you had in '07 but it's crippled. A lot of the game functionality is not there--things like auto run, sit to recharge energy, click the directional icon to return camera to center, etc. I don't remember RS being that simple in '07, but I suuppose it was.

I'm not adverse to change, but something my son said makes a whole lotta sense: If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Jagex did too much too fast, IMHO. If I don't like EOC, why am I forced to use that fighting style? And the map's cluttered now. You have these extremes of too hard and too easy. Too many changes too fast, if you ask me. Just give me a game I can enjoy while jumping screens to make my move in Scrabble. I love the way things fit together iin RS, but Jagex tossed a wrench into the machinery by changing too much too fast. Whereas I used to play daily, I haven't logged into the current game for months, because my heart's just not in it. EOC took the fun out of it for me, but I don't want the lame '07 rollback, either. There must be something in between. Did they really introduce the EOC updtate with no way back? Talk about burning bridges! For shame, Jagex.

Yea I find it pretty hard to believe that they don't have an '11 or early '12 scape version as well...not very good version control practices...

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

bs/10... why do they keep giving into the whiners who are too lazy to deal with (bleeping) change....

They did this for free trade, and I'm willing to bet we'll get yet another "vote" like we did for that. Enough whining, the game will never be what it was in 2007, stop whining and move the f(leep) on people.

There will not be the same community, there will be only our current climate of bots, douchebaguettes and no honour (bleeps)

You get the character you had in '07 but it's crippled. A lot of the game functionality is not there--things like auto run, sit to recharge energy, click the directional icon to return camera to center, etc. I don't remember RS being that simple in '07, but I suuppose it was.

I'm not adverse to change, but something my son said makes a whole lotta sense: If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Jagex did too much too fast, IMHO. If I don't like EOC, why am I forced to use that fighting style? And the map's cluttered now. You have these extremes of too hard and too easy. Too many changes too fast, if you ask me. Just give me a game I can enjoy while jumping screens to make my move in Scrabble. I love the way things fit together iin RS, but Jagex tossed a wrench into the machinery by changing too much too fast. Whereas I used to play daily, I haven't logged into the current game for months, because my heart's just not in it. EOC took the fun out of it for me, but I don't want the lame '07 rollback, either. There must be something in between. Did they really introduce the EOC updtate with no way back? Talk about burning bridges! For shame, Jagex.

What your son said may be true, but it does not apply here. As a game that aims to provide the player with choices on how to develop their character, if you didn't use a fast melee weapon (whip/rapier) pre eoc you would always be at a disadvantage. This was not a combat triangle, it was a combat line with melee on the winning side. Claiming Jagex should be ashamed because they fixed possibly the most prominent flaw in their game is unreasonable and another legacy server is unrealistic.

It's your right to be disattisfied with an update, but that doesn't mean that what Jagex did is not the right thing.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

What your son said may be true, but it does not apply here. As a game that aims to provide the player with choices on how to develop their character, if you didn't use a fast melee weapon (whip/rapier) pre eoc you would always be at a disadvantage. This was not a combat triangle, it was a combat line with melee on the winning side. Claiming Jagex should be ashamed because they fixed possibly the most prominent flaw in their game is unreasonable and another legacy server is unrealistic.

It's your right to be disattisfied with an update, but that doesn't mean that what Jagex did is not the right thing.

Before the eoc magic was dominant, now it's melee.

Thanks for the positive feedback about the eoc gp trading, good to see others feel the same way.

I wish Jagex disallowed it, but I see why they left it open, it would be too much to monitor.

I just got a loop half of a key, know how much those are worth considering they indirectly get you dragonstones?

I have no idea but I'd hold onto it for now, and just check the marketplace forums from time to time.

Im sure when people start getting 80 crafting there will be huge demand for it.

Don't know if anyone remembers me, player since August 2001, still appreciated the transition to RS2 from classic and enjoyed it..... Right up until the events of 2008 onwards to my eventual leaving in 2010. I believe pest control was the first thing that ruined this game, and updates since have expanded upon this.

I will be very interested and excited to see what these servers have to offer.

Hey mate! I remember when you came back in 09/10 and we talked and played together, I hope to see you in-game! :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Before the eoc magic was dominant, now it's melee.

When was magic ever dominant?

The only way you could ever compete with the best melee weapons using magic was with full virtus, wolpertingers and Storm of Armadyl. Other than that, magic might have been usable or even powerful, but it was by no means dominant except for maybe very short time periods before melee got a new weapon that obliterated the previous magic strategy.

I agree, though, that suggesting EoC fixed the combat triangle is laughable. What we have now, in pre-EoC terms, is Storm of Armadyl changed to Fire Surge but dealing 5 more damage, the Chaotic Maul hitting at dart speed with a +600 strength bonus and a new whip that hits at twice the speed and ignores any and all defence.

EDIT to add that on the plus side, EoC has made it vastly easier for jagex to fix these flaws. Before, they needed to balance everything really carefully and come up with niche special attacks. Now, all they need to do is tweak a couple of numbers.