Poll #1 now live

Bouwzie

I voted "Yes" to everything.

I see 07scape as a way for Jagex to say "Wow we [bleep]ed up... Lets go back and start new"

Runescape in 2007 was in no way perfect. It's just that the path that Jagex took was so [bleep]ed up that they had to revert. 07scape still needs updates, though.

I only see people voting "no" to unids so that they can either merch with them, or scam with them. I liked grimy herbs cause I could easily tell wtf I'm buying without having to deal with the possibility of being scammed, and so that I can easily tell which herbs to pick up while slaying/monster killing.

All the other options have ZERO reason to be voted as "No". They're small updates that don't make the game "easymode", they just quality of play updates that need to happen.

Don't like the easter event? Don't do it.

Don't like a TOGGLE ABILITY to see through roofs? Don't toggle it on.

Don't like being able to hit [bleep]ING ENTER TO LOG IN? Don't HIT ENTER

Don't like to hit "tab" to respond to friends? Don't hit tab.

Don't like right-click-to-reply? Don't reply using right-click.

Don't like f2p PKING worlds? Don't go to them.

Don't like run-mode remembered? Well, can't really avoid using that one. I see no reason why you wouldn't want it though unless you're of the crowd of "NO 07 SCAPE IS PERFECT NO UPDATES"

Don't like left-click on bank booths? Well then how about you right-click then left-click on the banker itself? This update doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever if you don't want it to, so why vote no?

The idiots who vote no on these options come off as the type of people who don't want gay marriage either.

To me, I couldn't care about these updates (IE: gay marriage) because them being there won't affect me whatsoever. So who cares?

mozzys.gif

XBL Gamertag = SpeaksToDead

Voted no on the herbs, yes on everything else. Anyone with half a brain knows it's impossible to be scammed when buying unids. Also, lol @ these "hardcore players" who "voted no on everything", despite the fact that some of what they voted no on actually existed in 2007.

• Like 1
Trollbomber.png

Not taking anything serious people who voted no for roofs and tab serious ever again.

Good thing I never took you serious either. I may be bad, but you are just an arrogant prick. Please, kindly [bleep] off with your hate posts in this thread.

2j3qh46.jpg

Okay guys, calm down. There's no need for insults and personal attacks because of what you did or didn't vote for.

I will have to start issuing warnings and such if you keep this going, so please stop.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Voted no every time and will continue to do so even if in vain.

It's amazing that even after 6 years people still haven't got a clue what they are doing.

If you can't figure out how to rotate your camera to make roofs disappear or manipulate your character to move to where you want him then please go back to easy EOC.

It's got all your conveniences and it's 100 times easier.

07 is not your EOC alternative.

So what's your reason for voting no on the F2p Pking and the Easter Event?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

It's amazing that even after 6 years people still haven't got a clue what they are doing.

If you can't figure out how to rotate your camera to make roofs disappear or manipulate your character to move to where you want him then please go back to easy EOC.

The same reason people chose not to vote for RS07.

I won't use them.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Voted yes on everything but the Easter Event, I really dislike holiday events haha.

I know I could just not do it, but its too late to change my vote now and it looks like its happening anyways.

I would prefer grimy herbs, but I don't mind unids to much. F2P worlds be useless to me but I really hope they come for the Pker's sakes, that's a very large portion of the game right there and they allow us skillers to actually sell stuff for a decent profit. The tab and enter buttons are really nice to have, looking forward to those!

What I want most though (not on this poll) is a way to enter RS2 clan chats and not friends chats. I still play RS2 a bit and love my clan so I would never leave, but it is annoying not being able to talk to them ingame.

The same reason people chose not to vote for RS07.

I won't use them.

If they had a "don't care" option (instead of forcing you with a pure YES/NO vote), would you have picked that instead?

• Like 2

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Don't have an account that can see the poll. Anyone care to give a running total on the votes?

Event: Yes/No

Easter 07 event: 84/16

Unidentified Herb: 52/48

Toggle Roofs: 88/12

Enter log in: 83/17

Tab reply: 87/13

Right click reply: 85/15

F2P Pk World: 70/30

Run mode: 83/17

Left click bank: 81/19

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The results of the poll have made future polls pretty easy to predict the outcome of.

I am very worried how the community will react to things like GWD, GWD is intended for high level players that wish to PVM (instead of those that strictly skill/merch/pk - or just don't play enough to be high level), Probably 10% or fewer of the player base, these top players being able to GWD and bring powerful expensive items into the game would be seen as a negative by the common player that does not intend to use it and doesn't want richer more dedicated players to have better equipment than they do, so it's very unlikely such an update would ever reach 75% vote...

Truly upsetting, as this time around we can't even blame Jagex for making the game less than it can be, it'll be the players.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Don't have an account that can see the poll. Anyone care to give a running total on the votes?

Event: Yes/No

Easter 07 event: 84/16

Unidentified Herb: 52/48

Toggle Roofs: 88/12

Enter log in: 83/17

Tab reply: 87/13

Right click reply: 85/15

F2P Pk World: 70/30

Run mode: 83/17

Left click bank: 81/19

Thank you very much for that. Can't believe the F2P world thing is struggling so much! Also can't believe there's so much support for left-click bank.

LgEZt.png

Wasn't 1 click banking just introduced in like 2011 or 2012?

I can understand implementing stuff that was either around in that time or just after, like 2008 era.

Introducing something that has only been around for a few years in the main game is dumb imo. It's more than just a "convience thing".

Also wtf @ F2P Pk worlds. That is ridiculous. P2P only game, wants F2P gameplay. Kinda backwards, I don't understand if you want F2P Pking why not just wait till Jagex eventually gives in and releases this as a F2P game as well or even ya know, not complaining with what Jagex has already bent over backwards to give you guys.

Not saying anyone in this thread or even fansite are those people. When is the whining/complaining gonna end with the RS community though?

I never voted for rs07 to come back cause I thought it was a dumb idea, even if I had voted I would only vote for stuff that was around at the time of this snapshot.

Also wtf @ F2P Pk worlds. That is ridiculous. P2P only game, wants F2P gameplay. Kinda backwards, I don't understand if you want F2P Pking why not just wait till Jagex eventually gives in and releases this as a F2P game as well or even ya know, not complaining with what Jagex has already bent over backwards to give you guys.

Here's a guy who wasn't playing in 2007. A lot of members pk'ed with f2p rules because they preferred it. And your bit about complaining isn't a point, considering Jagex set up oldscape with the explicit instruction that players would be allowed to vote on further content updates to the game, with those updates tailored based on feedback in the forums.

But you thought the server was a dumb idea, so really nothing here concerns you anyway.

• Like 3

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

@LogOnBeach

Jamflex may have "bent over backwards" but they made themselves an awful lot of money in the process.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I am very worried how the community will react to things like GWD, GWD is intended for high level players that wish to PVM (instead of those that strictly skill/merch/pk - or just don't play enough to be high level), Probably 10% or fewer of the player base, these top players being able to GWD and bring powerful expensive items into the game would be seen as a negative by the common player that does not intend to use it and doesn't want richer more dedicated players to have better equipment than they do, so it's very unlikely such an update would ever reach 75% vote...

Unless the Swords and Armor from GWD were altered in some way, the GWD would be a BAD thing for the 07 game.

The BGS and the AGS had a HUGE impact on pvp. If you weren't using either of these, then you might as well not have been in the wilderness (unless you were a void Dark Bow rusher)

And Bandos armor completely devalued Barrows and Dragon Armor, especially when combined with the SGS for conventional monster training.

You didn't need the extra defense barrows provided anymore because you could heal it off with the SGS, and drag armor became useless other than for Aesthetic because now there was a better Non-Degrading armor to use.

It's understandable that you would want GOOD rewards from the Bosses, to make them worthwhile. But these were too good fort he 07 setting to the point where if you weren't using them, you were playing wrong.

• Like 2

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I personally feel the 100 total levels requirement to vote is a little low. It would be nice in the future if they adjusted it somehow to ensure only those who are actively playing the game have a say in the future of the it.

A vocal few seem to be of the opinion that the Old School servers are meant to be an exact copy of the game at the time and that any changes are wrong. Jagex have clearly stated numerous times that the game is a community driven project and ultimately it's up to us what direction the game goes in. There's a change or two that I'm not a fan of above the 75% mark, but that's what the masses have decided, so I'll live with it.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

The results of the poll have made future polls pretty easy to predict the outcome of.

Truly upsetting, as this time around we can't even blame Jagex for making the game less than it can be, it'll be the players.

I'd probably quit playing if GWD was reintroduced. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun at GWD when it was released. But I hate the long-term effects it had on the game.

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

I don't quite understand how GWD items negatively effect the game, it introduces some high tier expensive PVP weapons. This is GOOD! The current best PVP tool in the game by far is the DDS, a 30-60k weapon. You also have dharoks in a field of it's own.

The whip has much better DPS than godswords for pvm. The DDS has much much higher DPS for pvm purposes too. The DDS has a similar max hit to the AGS, albeit less accurately.

SGS offers healing at a very slow insignificant rate that often turns out to be LESS efficient than just banking with DDS. Although it does negate the use of guthans (also incredibly inefficient anyway). Their only real practical purpose is fight caves.

Barb assault (and fighter torso) are being introduced soon, so the GWD would only add +2 strength total to the game, and high level richer players SHOULD have some high tier gear. Dragon has always been a lame vanity item, the degrading of barrows is insignificant (granted for the first few months when coins are sparse it's slightly more significant)

The items are not game changing. The combat challenge is. There is a reason the defense difference is not important, because there are NO challenging PVM enemies to require defense against.

(For the record I'd approve the GWD without the current god items, replaced with something weaker or completely different, but i find this unlikely to be presented by jagex.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'd probably quit playing if GWD was reintroduced. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun at GWD when it was released. But I hate the long-term effects it had on the game.

Out of curiosity, what negative long-term effects do you feel GWD had on the game? The only problem I am aware of was AGS rushing in PvP, but I don't PvP so there could be plenty more.

I'm not sure how I feel regarding introducing GWD to the game. It's not something I'm eager to have put in ASAP, but if it cropped up in a vote I think I'd vote yes.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Aha bgs and claws hit too hard in PvP and make fights less fun.

That's personal opinion and you may not shark it, but many people do.

Likewise, if you introduce ags to pvp are you going to start balancing the combat triangle by bringing in handcannon and polypore to make it 'fair'?

No need to start this arms race imo. It's fine as it is.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I agree claws are overpowered. Too fast and accurate. Nobody is arguing otherwise.

I think people are just misinformed about godswords, they're really not very powerful. "AGS rushing" is ineffective as the 2nd hit takes far too long, it would be much more efficient to ice burst-dharoks-gmaul*2 rush, that does I believe over 180 instant damage potentially. Even a simple DDS rush has more chance of killing someone than AGS.

CNqWHdA.jpg