Poll #1 now live

Bouwzie

This involves some big changes such as the grand exchange

no

Sigh. I guess this is the curse of mostly veterans being around now, everyone thinks they're a leet mercher.

The GE is for convenience, the same thing will happen without it, it'll just take 5000 times longer.

CNqWHdA.jpg

no

Sigh. I guess this is the curse of mostly veterans being around now, everyone thinks they're a leet mercher.

The GE is for convenience, the same thing will happen without it, it'll just take 5000 times longer.

You're playing the wrong game.

Your game is on the main page of runescape.com at the top right where it says "play now".

Very convenient and definitely not old school.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

no

You're playing the wrong game.

Your game is on the main page of runescape.com at the top right where it says "play now".

Very convenient and definitely not old school.

You're trying to fit this guy into either 'wants 07scape exactly as it was in 07' or 'wants ge and gwd etc' - a LOT and I mean a LOT of people are just disenchanted with the EoC update and would happily play current rs if the update was reverted.

It's not just the EOC that was a very bad update that ruined the game for us, but yes, absolutely, we see several changes in recent years as ruining our enjoyment of the game and we would rather have the current game minus the screw-ups than an exact replica of the game BEFORE the screwups, because several GOOD changes were also made in those years.

"Go back to EOC" and "07 needs to remain exactly as is!" are two extremes that do not sit with us very well. Both are far from optimal. We want the optimal mix of both. The updates and polls indicate Jagex want the same thing that we do.

CNqWHdA.jpg

The GE is not an update that would sit well in the OS servers though.

It's convenient....yeah...that's about the only good thing about it.

It was too easy to manipulate by groups of people, and controlling on individual players

It also ruined the ability of being able to buy and sell things in a locational setting. Right now you're able to sell certain items for more if you go to the right world and place. With the prices always being set for you this wasn't really possibly usually

We don't need a machine to tell use how much to buy and sell items for, that should be completely up to players.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Prices are determined by players. When the GE was around, this price was decided by the average trade made by the average player, a clean vision of current supply and demand

Without the GE, this price will be decided by the most vocal players that are buying or selling. Completely unstable and open to manipulation on a grand scale.

I recently had the idea to get a lot of friends to make artificial buy/sell offers for granite mauls much lower than what they currently go for, to force competition and lower the average price. It only takes a few forum posts. I'll refrain from doing it till I have money to invest, but boy oh boy, it's going to be easier than ever to manipulate the market.

And i think that's a large part of the reason why people don't want the GE. Because everyone thinks they're smarter than everyone else, they will be the leet mercher; making the system more open to manipulation is great because they'll be the geniuses buying at location and selling at varrock to make a quick buck.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I don't want a GE because it reminds me of ze old days ^^

I also like wandering round varrock perusing peoples wares lol.

Granted a GE make life easier and save me time, but I'm currently enjoying the novelty of the bazaar.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It is a tricky balance. A part of me does want the ge, as I hate the pandemonium that is w1/2/5/6. Just makes buying and selling much easier. But at the same time, w1/2 trading was an integral part of the game for many years and really is part of the old school vibe. The ge also turned everyone and their mothers into a merchant.

Part of me would also like gwd. I very much miss the original gwd. As more updates came along such as ovl, new prayers, nex gear, etc etc it made gwd a joke. I would not exactly say it was ever particularly difficult, but compared to now it was like soloing Kalphite King in bronze. For [bleep] sake, people can take 28 overloads and get max kills per hour solo now. That is just retarded. Early gwd was some of the most fun I had on runescape. My sara gwd guide and other gwd vids/guides totaled nearly 1 million views across all the sites they were on. That was a lot back in 2007-2009. Making those was a ton of fun.

But then where does it end? We get gwd, we get the ge, then what? Curses? Corp? Pretty quickly we are at current runescape minus the eoc. I understand many people would like that, but that is not the purpose of these servers. But then again gwd was released like 2 weeks after the date these servers are at, and ge was a right about 4 weeks after. I think I'd like them, but I am not so sure they are in the spirit of these servers.

• Like 2
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Alright, I have decided..

I want the GWD to be put in, but NOT with some of those super high end armors. Maybe some changes to drops, as well.

Brainstorming.. I do this a lot

-Item drop rarity stays the same

-Items are NOT tradable. You need the smithing lvl to make the blade, plus the required 70 to fight the boss

-You need the stat to be able to get the drop. No armadyl unless you have 65 or whatever range is needed.

-Actually, boost the requirements up some. Sara sword and zammy spear: 70 attack. Godswords: 85 atk AND str. armadyl and bandos armors, 85 def and 85 def/range

-The way it drops, each kill has the same chance to drop something. When an item rolls, each person in the chat has a 75% chance to get one. multiple rares will drop per kill, but as they aren't tradable, is fine

-add some kind of lootshare option, that ONLY tracks the group with 51% damage dealt. There is no "lootshare points". Only works in gwd, too.

-You can own at most, 2x of any armor, 2x of any hilt, 4x of any blade, 1x of any sword, 1x of any blade part

-So if you have 2 sets of armady, 2 sets of bandos, 2 armadyl, bandos, zammy, and sara hilts, 1 blade, shard 1 2 and 3, and 2 spears and 2 sswords, you will NOT get ANY gwd specific drop.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Nice to see a truckload of powerful melee weapons coming into the game...

Hend canonn plssssss

^ And so it begins...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Handcannon?

Restore the spec for the MSB

Or possibly make an "improved" msb that has the restored spec and require 70 range to use =3

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think it might actually be a good idea to reevaluate the levels required to do stuff.

If we're insistent that the whip and barrows will be the best weapons and armour in the game forever, we should make the stat requirements higher so that not everyone can use the best items in the game at nooby stats. In turn, we'll increase stats for dragon and others relative to everything else.

It makes no sense to leave the last 3rd of levels completely bare and empty.

CNqWHdA.jpg