f2p cant play 07 f2p servers... W T F ?

WhySoK0ed

yes, why are the f2p servers on 07 only available for members??

as if anyone would pay to use the f2p servers.

imo its so dumb, f2p was one of my favourite parts of runescape back then, when it was range 2h pking. now the f2p servers are unpopulated.

honestly alot of players would come back if f2p servers on 07 were actually f2p.

jagex will make more money from the ads aswell. as it already does...

• Like 3

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

It's quite simple really:

07scape is NOT a f2p game.

The 'f2p style' servers only exist because back then, even among members, f2p pking was popular and users wanted servers with those restrictions in place.

People asked for them, they got em. If they fail to use them thats their own fault and hardly surprising in a game that was so highly demanded yet seems to be dying faster than RSC ever aspired to.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why should it be free? Should JaGeX staff work for free to just please you?

Things in life cost, the sooner you realize that the better. Get used to it.

as if anyone would pay to use the f2p servers.

2p was one of my favourite parts of runescape back then, when it was range 2h pking.

You literally answered your own questeion here.

jagex will make more money from the ads aswell. as it already does...

You mean how they barely break even from advertisements for the free world?

hzvjpwS.gif

LOL!...

if they were gonna make 2007 servers... and make there be f2p 2007 servers, however you actually have to pay to play on the 2007 f2p servers?

why defuq do they even put 07 f2p servers up?? only reason i enjoyed f2p at the time was because i couuldnt offord membership back then.

it makes no sense id rather jagex delete the f2p servers cuz theres no point in having them.

why defuq would there be an optional server that has disadvantages on it???

oooohhhh yahhh i p2p just for disadvantaged f2p 07 servers...

(sarcasm)

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

Because people LIKE F2P pking over P2P pking sometimes; even back when it was 2007 lots of members went to f2p for an evening or w/e to pk.

The 07 users ASKED for the servers so that they COULD pk with f2p limits in place.

It went through the content polls, it passed.

They ASKED for it.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i thought it says ''click to play old school''

so its ment to be Like old school???

when there were alot of f2p players aswell as p2p players??

this is bs, completely fked up.

so if someone wanted to try out runescape, they can only try the shtty eoc version which next to noone likes.

i dont know if im right or wrong,,, but do you have to pay to play runescape classic?

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

RSC was only open to accounts that had previously played on it; it was opened for a few short windows for members to be able to log in and create an account. Now it is entirely closed to new players.

And it's not BS. The main game is the product they WANT you to play. Old school is a side-line perk for those with nostalgia that can be used if you are a paying member. Heck on the basis of the poll results in around June/July Old School will require an EXTRA fee to play than just normal members.

Also as for 'next to noone' liking the EOC - The lovely Misplacedme has been running online player scraps for eoc vs OS since it's launch (http://www.misplaceditems.com/2007online.php). At launch they were around 50:50, they are now at around 70:30 in favour of EoC and that is WITH a fair portion of bots disappearing from EoC and appearing on Old school.

Anyone still trying to argue Old School is more popular needs a serious reality check; the numbers just don't agree with you.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

main reason i play runescape is for pk, if they add an extra fee to 2007 version i will most likely quit.

thats super gay.

i dont have a job yet, im 15, an extra fee on top of the normal members fee is gonna kill 07.

go have a look on youtube, the most popular channels are about 07 now.

i mean...

b0aty

sowreck3d

nightmareRH

sosolid2k

we all have our own opinions anyway...

and most of these little ''poll'' thingys dont really count... as not many runescapers go check the ''polls'' each week. however if i knew that they affected the game so much i wouldve probably checked them, lets not forget, most of the people who voted for ''make an extra fee for 07'' are most likely greedy people who mainly play eoc and dont really care about 07...

back to the topic...

f2p should be f2p, and you shouldnt have to pay to go f2p even if its a different section of runescape, do you have to pay for fun orb?? no.

dont get me wrong, member servers on the 07 should be p2p but honestly jagex dosent needa charge extra for it, he makes heaps of money as it is already...

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

@ Kimberly (i cant quote properly...)

lmfao mate,,, so if people like something it all of a sudden means ''lets charge em for it!''

so if all of a sudden everyone likes f2p eoc so much then jagex decides to ... ''oOo were a smart company, lets make em pay for eoc pk!''

bam.. nice move jagex!...

or if you like to stare out of windows... you would support them to bring in a window staring tax???

you my friend must be a julia gillard supporter.

and yes the ads in f2p eoc are a pain in the buthole, obiously you have never been an eoc f2p player for more than 1 week.

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

Lol no-one voted specifically for 07 to have a fee.

It was the original poll to gauge interest that, even after they pulled the levels down by like 250k votes didn't reach the "free" tier and of all those hundreds of thousands of votes most quit 07scape already.

As for the content polls for 07 anyone who plays 07 and DOESN'T look at them is just a plain [wagon].

It was made clear from the very launch there would be forum space to suggest updates and semi-regular polls to vote these changes in or out.

If you care so much about the game you'd know this due to having read the info on it and you'd WANT to take part in the polls to have a say in how 07scape is shaped.

It is the ultimate recognition of listening to all the opinions on something.

But I'm bored of this thread now, the more you reply the clearer it becomes you are just a butthurt kid stooping to childish insults and retorts because you don't have anything decent to respond with.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

LOL!

nvm i expected this...

not many would understand this rant, However its all cool.

i dont understand any of sy_Accursed ''Logic'' in this thread.

comes to a quick finish of ''butthurt kid''

which clearly shows how much of an unintelligent [bleep] he really is.

and i dont think anyone answered this statement i made...

about not pllayed f2p for over a week...

you should really try play f2p for a week whith 3g internet. then you will understand the affect the ads do.

saying jagex dosent put many ads in f2p is like saying the sun is dark.

i have no idea if you guys are jagexes but lickers, or your insane. but jagex is already a greedy company, theres no reason to put a fee on f2p 07 worlds.

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

theres no reason to put a fee on f2p 07 worlds.

When first asked about oldschool, there was a poll. It got around 450k votes, well short of the amount of votes needed for f2p oldschool support. As such, there were no f2p worlds.

Later on, Jagex realised there was a demand from people to have f2p restricted worlds in order to pk on them. They put it to the poll, but due to a misleading wording it failed. They repolled it, making it clear what was meant and it passed, getting 75% votes.

That is, the f2p restricted worlds for members only are due to a poll in which the community voted.

There are no f2p worlds for non members since that would cost more for Jagex, and they don't really benefit from it. It would allow people to bot without a cost to them (currently people bot, but Jagex gets paid for it). F2p worlds could be argued to be a 'demo' to attract new players, but the game is from 2007. That is a 7 year old game. Most players are those that have played in the past, and already know what to expect and as a result don't need a 'demo'.

The fact that you don't understand Sy Accursed's logic reveals a lot more about your intelligence than his.

When first asked about oldschool, there was a poll. It got around 450k votes, well short of the amount of votes needed for f2p oldschool support. As such, there were no f2p worlds.

Later on, Jagex realised there was a demand from people to have f2p restricted worlds in order to pk on them. They put it to the poll, but due to a misleading wording it failed. They repolled it, making it clear what was meant and it passed, getting 75% votes.

That is, the f2p restricted worlds for members only are due to a poll in which the community voted.

There are no f2p worlds for non members since that would cost more for Jagex, and they don't really benefit from it. It would allow people to bot without a cost to them (currently people bot, but Jagex gets paid for it). F2p worlds could be argued to be a 'demo' to attract new players, but the game is from 2007. That is a 7 year old game. Most players are those that have played in the past, and already know what to expect and as a result don't need a 'demo'.

The fact that you don't understand Sy Accursed's logic reveals a lot more about your intelligence than his.

thank you for putting that info strait, and the point that you call ''butthurt kid'' over an internet forum ''logic'' i feel that you have the same 12 year old ''logic'' as sy accursed...

i know jagex has a problem whith bots, but if 07 f2p worlds are members ... how is 07 gonna get more players :S?

so they make 07 servers just for it to die out?

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

Jagex aren't interested in gaining players on 07, since there isn't a place for it in the gaming market anymore. Aside from for nostalgia's sake, they don't see a reason for people to play it over the live game.

Remember the live game gets consistent updates, and is leaning more towards what seems to be 'popular' in the mmo market too - not that I'm saying its a good thing.

Also the live game has sof and solomons store, which makes them a considerable amount of money. Hence they'll always promote the live game over 07.

Edit: Also both Sy and Bafflers logic is sound, don't throw around ad hominem attacks just because you don't agree with them.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Jagex aren't interested in gaining players on 07, since there isn't a place for it in the gaming market anymore. Aside from for nostalgia's sake, they don't see a reason for people to play it over the live game.

Remember the live game gets consistent updates, and is leaning more towards what seems to be 'popular' in the mmo market too - not that I'm saying its a good thing.

Also the live game has sof and solomons store, which makes them a considerable amount of money. Hence they'll always promote the live game over 07.

well that sucks balls, i hope that jagex dosent add more fees to 07, an extra 15 bucks over the normal membership fee will be enough to kill 07.

a_c_i_v_i_i.png

I think any further fees would be enough to pretty much kill 07RS.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Maybe thats what they want :)

Tbf since the poll so obviously failed to do as well as they expected and even now whilst it's "free" it's declining I would not be surprised at all if they kind of wanted it to die and are just allowing it to have it's downward spiral to be eventually shut so that they can't be accused to backtracking or ruining it. They gave exactly what the poll earned and it died anyway so it's communities fault kinda line and for once it wouldn't even be pr spin it'd be literally what happened.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 2 months later...

thank you for putting that info strait, and the point that you call ''butthurt kid'' over an internet forum ''logic'' i feel that you have the same 12 year old ''logic'' as sy accursed...

i know jagex has a problem whith bots, but if 07 f2p worlds are members ... how is 07 gonna get more players :S?

so they make 07 servers just for it to die out?

Wow, going off topic here but damn man. Calling people out on logical capabilities with spelling like that is pure comedy. You just made my day. To answer your question, why should they be free. Jagex's Runescape division now has to run 3 games (Classic, Live and 07). Why on earth would they do it for nothing? The fact they even gave players old school servers is a big sign of loyalty to true fans.

• Like 1

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

The fact they even gave players old school servers is a big sign of loyalty to true fans.

So you're not a "true fan" if you don't like OSRS?

Right...

True fans of OSRS, duh.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• 1 year later...