Motivation to play - what drives you? (Split from 200M in all skills)

SR Chris

I don't play anymore because it's no longer fun and I don't really like the direction in which the game is headed. Plus I don't have any goals left in the game since I can pretty much do anything I want now. :P

Will probably play for a bit to check out divination though.

PK VIDEO

2uge7vk.gif

please ;_;?

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I like the world of Gielinor, I enjoy the music, I like the fact my character is autonomous enough for me to not have to pay 100% attention to the game (multitasking, I can spend time working on other stuff I want/have to do while also progressing in-game.)

The quests are memorable, have well thought-out storylines that leave you wanting more once you've finished them, sometimes even a little bit sad that everything is over.

I play to spin the illustrious squeel of fortune wheel. I always wanted to play a mmorpg with wheel of fortune and the price is right integrated.

Low_C.png

I play to spin the illustrious squeel of fortune wheel. I always wanted to play a mmorpg with wheel of fortune and the price is right integrated.

I sense something; a presence I've not felt since ...

Oh wait, it's just sarcasm. :lol:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

I play for the lore.

And for some of the music.

Two of the main reasons in my book! The lore and stories are fascinating; even the novels that came out, if you guys ever get a chance to read em. And now with the game progressing more heavily into the grander story telling aspects of the game, it's got me motivated to play much more regularly and improve all skills so I can get the full benefits of the quests.

Along with that, the emphasis into the soundtracks has me pretty excited - some of the more recent compositions (Memories of Guthix, Wending Through The Willows, Citharede (total spelling error) Reqiuem), are fantastic!

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Maxing has pretty much done as I expected and has me sitting at a bank all day chatting. Oddly enough I'm looking forward to divination if only for the fact I will have a goal to work towards again.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I don't play anymore because it's no longer fun and I don't really like the direction in which the game is headed. Plus I don't have any goals left in the game since I can pretty much do anything I want now. :P

Will probably play for a bit to check out divination though.

PK VIDEO

2uge7vk.gif

please ;_;?

Lol I'll probably make an 07 PK video in the distant future once I've got 90+ range/mage. But the only way I will train those skills is via chinning and string amulet, and the only way I'm making money is via Miscellania because my tolerance for grinding is extremely low. So it'll be a very long time before I've got fun PK'ing stats :P The game might not even exist by then haha

77yLQy8.png

I feel you man I haven't even started 07 yet and I doubt there wlil be much F2P pking activity. Though there's still MB.

Then again a 99 49 99 99 range/mage staker always appealed to me but... yeah see you in another decade.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

To be better than Leik(he might be 1.2b+ exp ahead but who cares)!

I'll reach there one day.

Better than Leik isn't hard. XP is irrelevant tbh.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I come back from time to time for my clan.

I literally cried earlier thinking of the hundreds of friends I made, and how most have left Runescape since.

I have to say that, lately, I have really been enjoying the Role-players on W42. They're up on their "lore" and some of them really getting into it, which adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game, while you're playing it.

Last night, while at a fallen star with a group of people, two guys got into an "argument" over which of the gods they supported. They exchanged "pleasantries" for a fair while. After the star tubbied, they wished each other the best, and moved on.

To be honest, it was probably one of the most entertaining fallen stars I've ever attended!

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Completionist trim goals seem to be a side goal for me in terms of game completion. The main goals I have are generally a well rounded character in all perspectives of the game ranging from personal knowledge/skill (how to effectively kill a monster, rolls, knowledge of an area), in game skills and area completion and lastly a completion of the bank. Right now I'm working on the last two and yet are fairly complex and hard to describe. Generally they are to have a supreme PVMers bank and to be well stocked and ready for the next PVM update.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A big spurt of recent motivation for me has been creating a new account and seeing how the current game is to new players. I have to say, I had a lot of fun with it even though I'll never truly recapture that "new player feeling." I generally don't have a need to look up stuff because I already know it exists in a lot of cases (with only a few exceptions, like low level armor that I'm not familiar with.)

But when I look at my main account, I'm...bored, sadly. I miss the clans I used to be in, the friends and group activities. Big events are fun, but so impersonal. I've got a lot I can still do in the game since I'm far from maxed or completionist, but I generally have little desire to do it. I do what I can here and there, but since most of the duration of my playing style has been friend-driven motivation rather than self-motivation (is that a thing?) I find myself slowly losing attachment to my beloved Runescape. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

I play mainly for the sense of accomplishment.

I like seeing my work pay off slowly over time. I've thoroughly enjoyed my journey from being a noob straight off of Tutorial Island to slowly working up skills and finally being able to afford that sweet new armor. I take pride in the fact that I clicked, dragged, and grinded(ground?) all the way to where I am today.

Another main reason why I play is because of the community. Of course, RuneScape is an online MMORPG and is prone to the occasional troll or rule-breaker, but overall it's a great way to meet new friends to enjoy the game with.

RSN: Canada Crow

85jcVSg.png

Professional Noob

"It's a known fact that you cannot lie on the internet." -Abraham Lincoln

"Time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" -John Lennon

I am not a Jagex Moderator

I played while i enjoyed it. RS was a special game, something different and it entertained me for 10 years. It was fun.

Until the EoC came(and probably partly because i maxed) which ruined the game in my eyes and i don't enjoy it anymore ;)

• Like 2

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

I played it whilst it was fun. RS in 2011 was a fantastic game and one I am glad to have played. After that I only really played because I had already done 90% of the time needed for max, so figured I might as well finish.

Sitting on 4.8B atm, but literally cannot be [bleep]ed training even buyables. Jagex is actually doing something about goldfarmers, so that should become more valuable soon at least. When I consider how much I enjoyed slayer and combat pre eoc compared to now, it depresses me.

I figure the release of RS3 is a good cutoff point for me. So I stopped playing.

Asmodean <3

I started playing when I was introduced to Classic back when I was 11, I'm 21 now. Classic was fun because I played with some of my friends from school and then I got bored after about 2 years and just gave my character away. I joined RS again and played a good bit on what is now considered OSRS with a few friends. Once again, I was bored and gave away my character that I worked on for about 3 years. Then I started playing again about 2 years ago and I would get really hyped about trying to get a skill to 99 and would get bored training about a week later so I was always bouncing back and forth. There's really no motivation for me with EoC, I'm not a big fan. I just get on there every now and then, do some quests or challenges and then get right back on to OSRS. I'd just say my motivation is just because I enjoy playing this game and never really ventured into any other ones.

4000.png

ultramus.png

I have to say that I enjoyed combat a lot more before EOC. It was much simpler. If I wanted EOC type of combat I would go play, oh Idk, any other MMO out there. Now I find nearly all my motivation has been put towards questing, tasks, and skilling. I find that a lot more rewarding now. I guess it goes back to sense of accomplishment.

Big_Stingman.png

I have to say that I enjoyed combat a lot more before EOC. It was much simpler. If I wanted EOC type of combat I would go play, oh Idk, any other MMO out there. Now I find nearly all my motivation has been put towards questing, tasks, and skilling. I find that a lot more rewarding now. I guess it goes back to sense of accomplishment.

Complex things are always better than simple things. Except in the case of Quests. Elemental Workshop should never have existed.

EOC really isn't so bad once you get to know it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Complex things are always better than simple things. Except in the case of Quests. Elemental Workshop should never have existed.

EOC really isn't so bad once you get to know it.

I did around 10M slayer xp in the EoC (almost all of which was with ability rotations), as well as spending a couple of hundred hours (not exaggerating) perfecting and playing 1v1 PVP with abilities. I know the EoC better than most people, and still don't find it to be an enjoyable experience. Also the EoC is incredibly simplistic, not complex - it is objectively one of the least sophisticated examples of a combat system based around activated/sustained/passive abilities.

I would also disagree that complexity is always better than simple things. Unnecessary complexity is almost always avoided, and in many cases reducing something to its simplest form is the most elegant and desirable outcome.

Incidentally elemental workshop was one of my favourite questlines too ;p

• Like 2

Asmodean <3

Dungeoneering especially after occult floors and warped floors. Getting 99 slayer. 200m str. RUnecrafting nature runes to make money. Being F2p. Old school Rs for two months. I think I like Rs better nolifing but it was a great escape during school too. Its happened alot with Rs because generally leveling up is not that high on frustration scale but high on the dopamine scale lol.

StarViv.png