Frustrated.. feeling lost!

Hegelstad

Hello!

I wanted to try this new RS3 thingy, since I decided to quit RS when they released EoC.

Now, I am completely lost.. The design looks great, and all these new features.. But honestly it's not user friendly at all, and the new combat system doesn's fit RuneScapes tick-based gameplay very much..

So, would anybody care to tell me how to play this game 2k13 style. Especially how to do combat in each role as well as selecting the best settings. And what activities to do :)

Any help appreciated!

Best regards,

Hegelstad

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

In all honesty the 'its not user friendly' and 'it does not suit rs' attitude is BS imo.

It stems purely and simply from nostalgia and lack of understanding.

If you forget everything you know about the interface and combat and look at it as a blank slate it is pretty intuitive and decent; combat isn't perfect and does lack a decent tutorial, but its not hard to pick up with a few little nudges on the precise details as and when you find issue with them.

But yeah overall the main thing is NOT to look at combat at all like you did pre-eoc and do NOT look at the interface like rs2. Both of these will just hinder your learning you need to just get stuck in and play around with them as if you are an entirely new player; then come back to fansites and forums with any more precise details you cannot work out.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But yeah overall the main thing is NOT to look at combat at all like you did pre-eoc and do NOT look at the interface like rs2. Both of these will just hinder your learning you need to just get stuck in and play around with them as if you are an entirely new player; then come back to fansites and forums with any more precise details you cannot work out.

+1

Do the tutorials and note what you do not understand. As for NIS, the layout I think that comes close to RS2 is the retro style, if you played RS2 on resizeable. So start there and play around with what you want to see on your screen and don't. I also suggest checking out the early pages of the Runescape 3 discussion to see what type of layouts people use. Also a bunch of advice and tips for you there if you are confused about something.

Once you do that I suggest you try some low risk activities to see if you can fit in what you learned with gameplay, like Dungeoneering or Dominion Tower for combat and Runespan or bonfire making in w100 Al Kharid for skilling. But for the most part, you have to pretend to be a totally new player and try it all as if you are new, not on past knowledge of how things once went.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 1 year later...

One year later, still unplayable :) /rant over

You'll be happy to know they've released a Legacy combat mode that imitates the old style of combat (pre-eoc).

That said, please don't bump old, answered question topics! I highly encourage you to create another topic if you have any questions regarding Legacy combat.

hzvjpwS.gif