7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

But put it this way, you don't have to pay for the weapon upkeep. It ultimately depends on how fast the ammo deplete. If are careful, you might be able to reduce the usage of darts by a lot.

200k upkeep cost = 40 darts.

Even with ammo costs you're talking like 300-400k at worst in the 10 hours

So if you lose more than 100 darts to breakage in less than 10 hours you're not gonna be better off - gonna be hard pushed to not waste more than that.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

also you only do t85 damage and have t85 accuracy

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The lore factor of these darts annoy me as well:

These scrolls are meant to be us learning the secrets of making things used for ages in the eastern lands made from materials they have over there...so why do the Death Lotus assassins use darts crafted from ascension fragments? A distinctly western resource from a distinctly new-ish group.

• Like 9

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The lore factor of these darts annoy me as well:

These scrolls are meant to be use learning the secrets of making things used for ages in the eastern lands made from materials they have over there...so why do the Death Lotus assassins use darts crafted from ascension fragments? A distinctly western resource from a distinctly new-ish group.

Fridge Logic.

4NIrZ.png

Didn't I photoshop something like that in the past? :lol:

Still... Owch.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

All I see are a nice helping of un-called for bullshit.

Royal crossbow can only be fixed on the G [bleep]ing E. *Middle finger salute*

Good job on the virtus crap-down, Just about the bullshit Gaming EXperience.

It's always great when the ninjas come out of nowhere to fix a problem that didn't exist.

Gee I really made bank over the years on that bug abuse.

Nice that I'll be paying millions now for upkeep on all weapons so they can sell more bonds.

I'm sure we will have a "usability" update in 2015 where you can just infuse your gear directly with bonds to fix them.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If virtus book and wand degraded from the start -- and there was every reason to think that they would -- would anyone have really questioned it? Would there really have been an outcry of "this gear should be completely unlike other Nex gear in how it works because reasons"?

• Like 4

I got 10 chi for 1875 steel each.

I think I got lucky.

I had the same offer, didn't take it. It took me a year to get 250,000 steel and all I can get in return is a lousy 133 chi? >_>.

Oxheads with reduced stats..dumb, not many new ship upgrades, no building upgrades..Ugh.

Reefwalker cape is now best in slot? How does this even make sense for a level 85 cape when Max cape requires 99 in each skill. >_>.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I think I got lucky.

I had the same offer, didn't take it. It took me a year to get 250,000 steel and all I can get in return is a lousy 133 chi? >_>.

Oxheads with reduced stats..dumb, not many new ship upgrades, no building upgrades..Ugh.

Reefwalker cape is now best in slot? How does this even make sense for a level 85 cape when Max cape requires 99 in each skill. >_>.

I took it because why not? Could make some money from it and I don't need the steel.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I'm very much looking forward to the darts. Maybe they cost more per shot than ascension bolts, but for all of us who don't happen to have 500M lying around for the dual crossbows, they're quite a bargain for increasing dps.

There is a logic there of course, until you start using the darts long term.

50k darts = 250m afterall.

And for 250m for the mh and using a ccb oh you can still increase your dps.

Plus for the cost increase the dpds increase vs ccb or royal with royal bolts doesnt really stack up to that much.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think I got lucky.

I took it because why not? Could make some money from it and I don't need the steel.

It's all about dem big collections ;D

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Royal crossbow can only be fixed on the G [bleep]ing E. *Middle finger salute*

How do you think items got to the " G [bleep]ing E " in the first place? So now they are actually fixed by the parts you get while camping the QBD, meaning prices on the parts will now be somewhat stable as people continue to use the QBD for money. Considering how horribly frustrating it was to actually recharge the crossbow in the first place, how hard it would've been for jagex to fix it, and how many people camp the QBD now...

This was probably one of the most clever aspects of the update. Now the t80 2h weapon has a price point that puts it more in-line with Chaotic Crossbows. It was wrong to allow the Royal Crossbow to have no real GP cost to recharge when all other weapons of that tier did. This also ties into why the Virtus wand and book update was much overdue as well.

Yes, the people who looked to the rcb as a cheap t80 weapon are hurt by this, but it needed to happen. You're completely justified in being upset but you're 100% completely wrong in saying it wasn't a problem. Just be satisfied you and others like you were able to enjoy the free ride the weapon gave you until this point.

--

Other than that, I'm not exactly sure why people are still panic selling virtus wand and book. The degrade cost on them was bound to happen, yet the weapon's effectiveness was not changed at all. From what I understand it's still the best choice for t80 mages from pure damage. So yes a small drop should be expected, but nowhere near what we've seen now... :/

• Like 7

hzvjpwS.gif

Other than that, I'm not exactly sure why people are still panic selling virtus wand and book. The degrade cost on them was bound to happen, yet the weapon's effectiveness was not changed at all. From what I understand it's still the best choice for t80 mages from pure damage. So yes a small drop should be expected, but nowhere near what we've seen now... :/

Nex got a deflect magic phase, so maybe it's just a kneejerk to the expectation that it wouldn't be a sufficient weapon for (solo) Nexing now.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Nex got a deflect magic phase, so maybe it's just a kneejerk to the expectation that it wouldn't be a sufficient weapon for (solo) Nexing now.

I find it quite laughable the number of people on RSOF ranting about how she doesn't need it and it's unfair because now they can't solo it and wasted x mils on gear for soloing it.

And I just kinda think : And?

Nex, however old she may be, is still among the top 5 hardest monsters for boss hunting you shouldn't really be able to easily and lazily solo her with a singular set up and limited effort.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

400 * 10 = 4000, not 40000

however the shards are unbuyable at ge mid

Yeah but Rorarii are easy enough to kill, you even make a profit killing them.

But put it this way, you don't have to pay for the weapon upkeep. It ultimately depends on how fast the ammo deplete. If are careful, you might be able to reduce the usage of darts by a lot.

So if you lose more than 100 darts to breakage in less than 10 hours you're not gonna be better off - gonna be hard pushed to not waste more than that.

Abilities also use zero ammo, not sure if you took that into consideration.

I'm very much looking forward to the darts. Maybe they cost more per shot than ascension bolts, but for all of us who don't happen to have 500M lying around for the dual crossbows, they're quite a bargain for increasing dps.

Plus for the cost increase the dpds increase vs ccb or royal with royal bolts doesnt really stack up to that much.

And how long would it take to make 50k darts?

In order for that comparison to be relevant, you would have to be unable to use your darts until you reach 50k of them.

However, as soon as you have a couple, you can instantly start using them and enjoying the Lv. 85 accuracy and damage. You can't just start using an Ascension crossbow for Lv. 90 accuracy/damage until you have the full 250m for one.

I can use 

10 lvl-90 items for 10 lvl-90 ammo

or

10 lvl-90 items  for 1 lvl-85 ammo

is over 10 times more expensive ammo cost for not using weapon?

As far as i know, ammo cost in EoC is arbitrary because abilities do not use any. You also have to consider the fact that these weapons are untradeable and do not require any new resources. Clearly, at least to me, it seems that jagex made these as a cheap alternative to dual ascension crossbows, which are beyond reach to alot of players.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

400 * 10 = 4000, not 40000

however the shards are unbuyable at ge mid

Yeah but Rorarii are easy enough to kill, you even make a profit killing them.

Abilities also use zero ammo, not sure if you took that into consideration.

And how long would it take to make 50k darts?

In order for that comparison to be relevant, you would have to be unable to use your darts until you reach 50k of them.

However, as soon as you have a couple, you can instantly start using them and enjoying the Lv. 85 accuracy and damage. You can't just start using an Ascension crossbow for Lv. 90 accuracy/damage until you have the full 250m for one.

Factoring in abilities is rather irrelevant imo - yes you use less ammo but the odds of not losing 100 darts within 10 hours even using abilities is rather slim. That's only 1 dart lost for every 6 minutes of combat.

And yes on the price, like I said there is a logic there  in using them but the point still stands if you use the darts long term you can quite easily exceed the value you'd of spent on ascension mh which begs the question of is the slight dps increase for 80 to 85 worth it when in the long term is simply delays/stops you getting the 80>90 jump that is more worthwhile.

Especially when you consider the time involved in getting them - you're talking 5 bones per voyage (roughly speaking if you average out failures etc etc) so thats 50 darts for voyage. Not so bad..but mh and oh are separate things so that's 30 of one and 20 of the others and even with rerolling all your voyages  and the totem things setup right you're gonna be rather lucky to average more than 2 bone voyages a day. So we'd be talking 50 of each a day made, so unless you have a few weeks to spare it's gonna be hard to stockpile a good supply of darts for any prolonged hunting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

what's strange is that the comp cape requires the recipe for the reefwalker cape

Not really: It now has the defence stats of the reefwalker cape therefore it requires it.

The only reason it is allowed the teleports, affects and stats from all lesser capes is you have to have unlocked or owned them in order to get it.

Be it through beating the content (fire and kiln) beating quests (bonesack tele and arrow collection) or beating tasks (ardy cape teles)

Plv6Dz6.jpg