Inventor Skill Discussion

Urza285

I think cannon upgrades would be neat. Cannonballs + incandescent energy = level 90 offhand damage, bleed effect, 3 ticks per full rotation. Maybe you could combine different ingredients to change the bleed to an aoe or something

I think cannon upgrades would be neat. Cannonballs + incandescent energy = level 90 offhand damage, bleed effect, 3 ticks per full rotation. Maybe you could combine different ingredients to change the bleed to an aoe or something

Heck just letting us invent cannonballs of other metals for improved damage would be a start.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There's no secret to runite cannonballs, they're just really expensive :P. At current prices, probably over 3k per shot.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

How about

for a first time in runescape history

would invention skill make

JAVELINS USEABLE (okay, morrigan's javelins were useable, but seriously, who has ever used rune javelins?)

Maybe. This skill is no doubt going to change the game a lot again

There's no secret to runite cannonballs, they're just really expensive :P. At current prices, probably over 3k per shot.

cough death lotus darts cough

feels like throwing money away but they so gooodddddd

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

• 5 weeks later...

i would like the inventor skill to have a lot of branches and each one fits in a certain niche,

for example - like an lighting based-charge to a chaotic maul is perfect for frost dragons, but terrible on other types, but an ice charged dual drygore rapiers are terrible for frosts but great against airuts and so on and so on, 

i know its not a visionary idea, but it would make value in weapons rise (value, not price) because you need several weapons to choose from for different scenarios, and it would give a bit more strategy to pvm again,

for example- "at nex ill bring healing based-seismic add-on with drygores with highest dmg add-on for blood phase for long trips but fast kils"

(obviously these are just hypotheticals, basic idea i'd like)

• Like 1

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

^ Obligatory bane ore suggestion.

Please Jagex, bane ore is such a cool thing and it needs to not suck.

Really, I agree and using bane ore as a way of creating extra cool effects would be nice.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• 1 month later...

Playing with invention & transmutation...

Power Phoenix necklace - (Pneck + Power ammy) = 2.5 crit allround, one charge which doesn't break.

??? - (Accuracy amulet + Ranging). 4.5 crit, added accuracy to bombardment

Strength + Whisper = 4.5 crit, small boost on STR abilities.

Strength + Fury = 4.5 crit, small boost on ATT abilities.

Magic + Hiss = 4.5 crit, deflects magic DMG to attacker.

Defence + Glory = 4.0, 25 armour rating.

I hope they rework all amulets. Dragon rider amulet is a step into the right direction.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I want to invent tape, and then tape things to other things

I also want to do more things like the mighty slayer helmet...

for instance, just take ALL OF THE STUPID TELEPORT JEWELRY and fuse it into one wearable item of the corresponding slot that stacks like 50 charges

it would be the first time anybody's ever actually used the digsite teleport

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

for instance, just take ALL OF THE STUPID TELEPORT JEWELRY and fuse it into one wearable item of the corresponding slot that stacks like 50 charges

Bejeweled Effigy

Materials:

1 ring of wealth, 1 skill necklace, 1 amulet of glory and 1 ancient effigy.

Description: add any jewelry to obtain their teleport locations. Operates much like the bolt pouch.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I use digsite teleport constantly to swap between Curses and Prayers.

4NIrZ.png

Why aren't you using a Wicked Pouch?

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

Maybe because runecoins? (or lack thereof)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Maybe because runecoins? (or lack thereof)

Can buy a bond

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

^ a ruby neck is like 1k and becomes 5 digsite teleports.

You could change prayer book via the digsite using necklaces 32k times for the price of 1 bond.

It costs 150 runic energy to change prayer book with 10k charge in a pouch so 80 changes per pouch.

You can buy 2 pouches with 1 bond (80 runecoins a pop, 160 coins per bond)

So 160 changes vs 32,000 changes makes the pouch insanely inefficient in terms of cost.

Pouch via bond you are effectively paying 40k per swap.

Whilst digsite pendants is a mere 200gp.

Not to mention there isn't even a huge call to change prayerbooks in the first place, before you hit ss and turmoil prayers > curses; afterwards curses > prayers. Only need to swap books like 2 or 3 times in your entire rs career.

And for spellbooks there's lodestones that dump you right by both swapping locations and the minute they take get you there via home tele is probably equal to the amount of time it takes to go to a bank get the pouch out and make the swap. Then of course there is the cost factor of again 40k for a spell book swap vs entirely free.

All told the wicked pouch is utterly false economy, it purports to be helpful but it just ends up making cheap-free tasks cost a heck of a lot of gp value for very minimal time savings.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That times adds up. Especially if you swap between Lunars for farming/Ancients for PvM often.

40k / minute is a mere 2.4m/hr. After 60 swaps (just under 1 full pouch, which is 66 swaps IIRC) you have saved yourself time and money assuming you make over 2.4m/hr.

If you can't make over 2.4m/hr I suggest you quit RS because you can pretty much do anything nowadays and make 2.4m/hr. You have to effectively try to not make 2.4m/hr.

(I believe the 'true' time saved is closer to 3.2m/hr, but even then. I stick to my argument.)

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

Your cost analysis only holds true if you assume using wicked pouch to switch requires 0 time, when in reality the journey to the bank withdrawing of the pouch, use of pouch and rebanking of pouch before proceeding to your new task probably works out almost identical timewise as using homeports to change spell books.

And if we assume that time is equal (or close to it) all you have achieved is turning a 1 minute 0 expense task into a nearly 1 minute 40k expense task, which is a false economy. Plus of course we could reduce the time taken to swap spellbooks using other teleportations than the homeport namely the pharoh's  sceptre or sceptre of the gods for ancients and the wicked hood for lunars, which offer much cheaper means to swap spellbooks quickly than the wicked pouch does.

Aka it is false economy because you can do it cheaper with no time lost.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

TokKul-Zo -> less than 4 seconds to a bank

Captain's Log -> less than 12 seconds to a bank

Granted, switching to the Lunar spellbook is probably just as fast as using the wicked pouch, thanks to the wicked hood, and the switch to the Ancient spellbook probably takes all of 20 seconds more with the spectres. Switching between curses and prayers probably takes an additional 20 seconds comparing the wicked pouch to the digsite necklace.

Don't forget that to use the wicked hood, spectres or digsite necklace, you still have to get to the bank first lol.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Steamcog wheeler

4x clockwork device

4x copper wire

6x steel plates

1x steel chassis (created at the inventor workshop)

80 luminescent or greater energy to charge

Description: a machine that can be deployed and filled with X amount of items. Once the device is filled you must send it off. Steamcogs can be sent to retrieve items from the bank, but at a risk of getting lost. If lost the steamcog will return later at determined time much like PoP ships. Each trip costs energy to send off steamcogs.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Your cost analysis only holds true if you assume using wicked pouch to switch requires 0 time, when in reality the journey to the bank withdrawing of the pouch, use of pouch and rebanking of pouch before proceeding to your new task probably works out almost identical timewise as using homeports to change spell books.

And if we assume that time is equal (or close to it) all you have achieved is turning a 1 minute 0 expense task into a nearly 1 minute 40k expense task, which is a false economy. Plus of course we could reduce the time taken to swap spellbooks using other teleportations than the homeport namely the pharoh's  sceptre or sceptre of the gods for ancients and the wicked hood for lunars, which offer much cheaper means to swap spellbooks quickly than the wicked pouch does.

Aka it is false economy because you can do it cheaper with no time lost.

If you're banking to switch tasks/skill/PvM you're already at a bank.

I'll time it all after this QBD trip

E:

It takes me 8 seconds to withdraw and deposit an item. This will apply to any jewerely you use (except a Digsite Pendant (1) which will be 6 seconds (-2 seconds to deposit since it turns to dust)

It takes me an additional 3 seconds of dialogue to switch using my Wicked Pouch. For a total of:

11 Seconds to switch Magic books

11 Seconds to switch Prayers.

Using a Digsite Pendant and running to the Sennisten altar:

38 Seconds. Using Surge as you turn the corner into the altar area. - Not important players shouldn't really be switching off Curses to begin with.

Running to Astral Altar after Home Teleporting to Lunar Isle:

50 Seconds using Surge as you run East from the Lodestone.

Running to Ancient Temple after Home Teleporting to Bandit Camp:

48 Seconds using Surge as you run South from the Lodestone.

Running to Ancient Temple after using Pharaoh's Sceptre to Teleport to Jaldroacht:

30 Seconds ; 38 seconds including banking the Pharaoh's Sceptre.

Using Wicked Hood to teleport to the Astral Altar:

8 Seconds ; 16 seconds including banking.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ