IAmA Stormy Day - Construct

Pole (Melee)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which method should I use to finish melee?

• General Graardor (450k?)
    • Airuts (350k + prayer?)
    • Orks (40-hour afk sessions)
    • HMDG (old efficient) reborn warriors huehue too much xp
    • Cauldron (old efficient)
    • Buy spins for training dummies
    • Slayer (pls no)
    • Other? Reply.

RIP no magic progress has been made in the past few days. I have taken a break to do slayer because why not.

Did a dk task and got 3 seerculls. Somewhat sad

Other notable tasks were a qbd task and 3 airut tasks. All dat xp.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Went back to glacors for a bit today. If you pick up items legendary pets are incredibly OP. I can consistently get 10 kills per dose now that the pet picks up everything for me and I dont have to run around at all. 

Question. 

I started my guide, was wondering if this format is readable for how to move so that you line up sap and unst.

6T4NU.png

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Really? Do you need to be THAT efficient? I think its more important to get a rotation line up:

When your switching to enduring your first cast should be sonic wave, run five steps to break endurings defense then begin with wrack, impact, wrack to finish off enduring. If enduring is still alive use sonic wave for its dps boost and another wrack to kill it.

Then, if sap is priority, target (click) unstable, use combust, target (click) sapping, wrack/sonic wave*, wrack/sonic wave*, impact.

Then, if unstable is priority, dps down unstable while minding the explosion. Try to keep sonic wave off cooldown for a faster glacor kill by reengaging the glacor with sonic wave. This will allow a potentially higher hit.

* = Use either ability if one is on cooldown. Then use the other to finish off the enduring kill.

My rotation for num pad users with staff kills uses 1-6

1 - wrack

2 - impact

3 - combust

4 - sonic wave

5 - wild magic

6 - asphyxiate

*Optional*

7 - sunshine/chain (always makes things more fun!)

8 - anticipate (adrenaline stall)

9 - regenerate

0 - summoning special

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you are going for mage xp you should never let unst explode, you lose all the xp if it does.

generally glacytes should take a total of 1 autoattack+4 abilities to kill all three of them (occasionally 5/6 if chain messes up)

autoattack enduring at start with barrage mainhand

combust

chain

conc blast on enduring to finish it

by this time sap and unst should be lined up so dragon breath kills both.

IMO most efficient way to do glacytes. Rarely either one of the two still lives, in which case use impact on it, or if both still live, autoattack them together.

With staff wrack between combust and chain, then sonic after chain. You lose >=1.2 seconds per kill which adds up eventually

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Personally I couldn't fully put mage xp over gp/kill. I feel letting sap take the ride to the very end would hurt you (not as much as it sounds) on prayer/rest pots.

I always liked the idea of chain during a kill. The issue is if you are more relaxed on your lures you don't want to accidentally hit another glacor.

I like using combust as an off target dps gain. I like thinking using it on your next target would be more efficient. Its kind of like using frag shot before snipe. You want to get the most out of that bleed.

Being efficient is fine, but really...1.2 seconds? We aren't in the olympics counting nanoseconds here.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah its not that bad if you try to always keep prayer below 300ish since sap-glacor drains based on your current prayer

combust is most efficient when you use it on enduring when its closest to the glacor, because the damage will adjust based on distance, so you can still hit ~90% dmg from an ability when endu is closeby instead of ~30% if you used some other ability. That is the main reason why you want to start with combust

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Yeah its not that bad if you try to always keep prayer below 300ish since sap-glacor drains based on your current prayer

combust is most efficient when you use it on enduring when its closest to the glacor, because the damage will adjust based on distance, so you can still hit ~90% dmg from an ability when endu is closeby instead of ~30% if you used some other ability. That is the main reason why you want to start with combust

That's very good... I wonder why jagex hasn't patched it yet.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Decided to sell my slay tab to take advantage of the bxp prices. This is the loot from 30m to 35m slayer xp (most of the stuff in top left is glacor stuff though)

6TOpM.jpg

Made roughly ~120m off the non-glacor drops

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Well will you look at that, first glacor update in 2 weeks. In the past 2 weeks ive mainly been doing slayer, mainly because deo was catching up to my slayer exp.

Anyways, I'm back to glacors now. The legendary pet thing is OP as [bleep] there; now that I dont have to move to pick up items i can get 11 kills per renewal dose, translating to ~130 kills per hour = 690k mage xp/hr before avatar/bonuses. Other than that, I switched places to better account for not having to move around.

Strategy involves using sunshine at the start of every 4th kill. A full kill takes about 20-23 seconds of the sunshine (too fast not necessarily good if you dont have 50% adr to use wild magic on next glacor), and so the the initial wild magic on the following glacor hits for the 50% boost damage. Kills are very fast now. At this point i dont think its physically possible to get any faster kills with my normal gear (virtus + tradeable ele).

I am willing to do tests with abyssal wand if someone wants to lend me one. *ahem* deo *ahem*

(Sold 1785 water talismans +1489 blue dhide earlier today)

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

damn you're balling, seems like you have a lot of fun doing glacs, maybe I should try them out in the future. :>

Edit:

Any way you can make some Yt vids of your setup and how you kill a few of them just so people get the visual idea of how you do it and your entire setup? 

Edited by Serfal

Its hard for me to video because it causes so much lag, but this is a rough example of how to do glacors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSeGGqV9Fo

why no commentary doe

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Deo pls stop asking for so much I am only 1 man.

Anyways, good glacor day today. 1x Stead 1x Glaiven 53x Shard. As well as 3m mage xp. Maybe 100m tomorrow.

6VGGR.jpg

In more important news:

Glacor Guide has been started (See first post of blog). Accepting all donations/guide contributions. Next on to-do list is probably:

1. Testing lower level weapon/armor

a. abyssal+virtus

b. abyssal+subj

c. chaotic+subj

d. armadyl+virtus

e. armadyl+subj

f+g+.... i really dont want to use sol/treach lol. same with skeletal.

2. WHAT THE [bleep] DOES ROW DO? DOES IT SHINE ON BOOT DROP?

3. Wisdom > all, but equil vs inspir???

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

gt boss

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

yo, I'd be careful using the SGS pets to pick up drops.

This is probably a rare occurrence, but my Skypouncer picked up a Rune longsword from a Glacor, then ran towards me but froze there. I didn't get the Rune longsword, then the next kill I only got whatever drop had just been dropped (83 noted pure essence) and the longsword just kinda vanished.

Imagine if that had been boots.

Huh thats pretty interesting. I know that if it picks up a destroy-only item and you fill your inventory before it gets to you the item just gets destroyed, but I havent seen anything disappearing yet

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

THERE NEVER WAS A RUNE LONGSWORD

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Updated for 2/14. Not much glacor killing today as I had a lot of work to do (made money tho so its all good), as well as me spending time writing out the skeleton of my guide. 

6WWwq.jpg

anyways... next to finish testing is melee. Initial testing revealed promising results. Again, accepting abyssal wand donations.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png