IAmA Stormy Day - Construct

Pole (Melee)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which method should I use to finish melee?

• General Graardor (450k?)
    • Airuts (350k + prayer?)
    • Orks (40-hour afk sessions)
    • HMDG (old efficient) reborn warriors huehue too much xp
    • Cauldron (old efficient)
    • Buy spins for training dummies
    • Slayer (pls no)
    • Other? Reply.

This is 2015, a time when Jagex openly celebrates certain bug abusers on Twitter/Twitch (so long as they're famous), meanwhile others buy mounds of bonus experience with real life money through microtransactions (which is no less an unfair advantage than botting), and you guys are upset that someone was botting? Please.

Under these circumstances, 'integrity of the game' or 'unfair advantage' are meaningless concepts.

Lol, I forgot I had an account here to post with. I just logged in to say well said, buddy. I completely agree with you.

Botters are scumbags who cheat their way through the game and undermine everybody else's efforts and achievemens. But then again, so are bug abusers. And most of all, so are the players who buy spins and Bonds - particularly those who openly flaunt this fact and encourage other players to do the same.

In this case, at the end of the day a botter got banned, and that is a good thing. The community seems to universally condemn this guy for his actions. But all I can do is laugh and shake my head when Jagex and fellow members of the community spout off about integrity and a fair, equal game experience for everybody. As if such a concept still exists in RS3...

I wish more people adopted a mindset like yours and realized how ridiculous it is to support these botting witch-hunts and censure this kind of immoral acitivity, yet be completely fine with other immoral activities just because they are sanctioned by Jagex themselves (for their own financial gain, mind you).

The hypocrisy is disgusting. This is one of the biggest reasons I continue to be an outspoken critic against Jagex  and their policies at every opportunity.

• Like 1

This is 2015, a time when Jagex openly celebrates certain bug abusers on Twitter/Twitch (so long as they're famous), meanwhile others buy mounds of bonus experience with real life money through microtransactions (which is no less an unfair advantage than botting), and you guys are upset that someone was botting? Please.

Under these circumstances, 'integrity of the game' or 'unfair advantage' are meaningless concepts.

Lol, I forgot I had an account here to post with. I just logged in to say well said, buddy. I completely agree with you.

Botters are scumbags who cheat their way through the game and undermine everybody else's efforts and achievemens. But then again, so are bug abusers. And most of all, so are the players who buy spins and Bonds - particularly those who openly flaunt this fact and encourage other players to do the same.

In this case, at the end of the day a botter got banned, and that is a good thing. The community seems to universally condemn this guy for his actions. But all I can do is laugh and shake my head when Jagex and fellow members of the community spout off about integrity and a fair, equal game experience for everybody. As if such a concept still exists in RS3...

I wish more people adopted a mindset like yours and realized how ridiculous it is to support these botting witch-hunts and censure this kind of immoral acitivity, yet be completely fine with other immoral activities just because they are sanctioned by Jagex themselves (for their own financial gain, mind you).

The hypocrisy is disgusting. This is one of the biggest reasons I continue to be an outspoken critic against Jagex  and their policies at every opportunity.

I don't support any form of cheating...however you can't lump buying Bonds and Spins in with bug abuse and botting.  While I don't think we should be able to gain wealth in RS with real $, it happens in all games, not just RS.  At least Jagex is making an effort to cut down on the sweatshops that are "farming gold" and the botters who were at one point taking over OSRS and RS2.  It's wrong to assume that everyone is a hypocrite.

P.S.:  if you don't like how Jagex "polices" their game, you're free to find another MMORPG to play...there's a million others out there.  I've yet to find any that are as fun and interesting as RS though.  Best wishes. :)

• Like 2

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure." ~Isaiah 33:15-16

yehoshua-i.png

My BlogScape!

• 2 weeks later...