Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

• 4 weeks later...

Next poll is up for people to read over:

200th Quest

Dragonstone

The 200th quest takes place in an alternate dimension, where you will re-visit a well-known city and complete twisted versions of your favourite quests. But which area would you like to be the focus of the quest? (Note that the city will not be reworked as part of this quest.)

Highest total wins!

Al Kharid

Choose this option if you would like twisted versions of Al Kharid quests, such as: Stolen Hearts, One Piercing Note, Shadow of the Storm and more

Ardougne

Choose this option if you would like twisted versions of Ardougne quests, such as: Plague City, Sheep Herder, Cold War and more

Falador

Choose this option if you would like twisted versions of Falador quests, such as: The Knight's Sword, Recruitment Drive, What's Mine is Yours and more

Lumbridge

Choose this option if you would like twisted versions of Lumbridge quests, such as: The Restless Ghost, Sheep Shearer, The Blood Pact and more

Varrock

Choose this option if you would like twisted versions of Varrock quests, such as: Defender of Varrock, Demon Slayer, Gertrude's Cat and more

I don't mind

Choose this option if you would like us to choose our favourite option from this list

Poll ETA: Tuesday 14th September

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Twisted Imp Catcher yes please.

I could see a catch-a-wizard quest in the runespan involving you telegrabbing wizards to fall on floating islands.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quick question; what are some opinions on recreating ingame polls on the poll for this thread? I can manage to keep it updated and this would give us an insight to our opinions vs the rest of runescape.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Couldn't hurt, Steph, although I find the discussions on why someone prefers an option more interesting than the straight numbers usually.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Just do it Steph!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=m*VMftXEZOg/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?341,342,193,65498141,6,333504431

Mod Stu wants to know which characters people want to see back for the 200th quest. He's asking everyone to limit it to 3 characters, whichever 3 you want back the most.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I really find it amusing that that haven't actually begun work on the 200th quest yet

Depends how you define "working on". Brainstorming ideas and coming up with a theme is part of working on it.

But how much of the graphical assets and whatever else could they have done already if they don't even know which characters are going to be in it, or which plots they're going to include?  They could grreenscreen some cutscenes but I don't see what else.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They're probably going to be using a lot of already done graphics. Considering they're re-using a city, as well as several characters already in game.

Quick question; what are some opinions on recreating ingame polls on the poll for this thread? I can manage to keep it updated and this would give us an insight to our opinions vs the rest of runescape.

I'm all for it.

I was actually thinking about making an officiated post for the tip.it community for Runelabs pretty soon here too. We have a lot of good minds and a few great ideas come about every once in a while that I think merit some support.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Does anyone else remember when we were actually polled on important and relevant game updates on PTTP? Yeah, me neither....

Meanwhile on OSRS... All important and relevant updates are polled and the team immediately sets out to work on top priorities in a timely fashion.

The polls are a joke, and the PTTP is a gimmick, not something that Jagex treats seriously. Hell, earlier this year they did the Clue Rework update (and it was voted by the players that they wanted things like Effigies as clue rewards to buff up the value of the average clue - so that clues, even when you don't get uber lucky were worth doing, and this was not even mentioned once on the sneak preview for the clue rework stream a week ago. They seem to be ignoring the poll results and doing something different - hopefully I'm wrong) What a difference the determination of the content team can make to the quality of the game, as evidenced by OSRS.

Another thing; I never ever see Mod Ash or the OSRS team brag about how awesome it is that they poll stuff. They just poll people, and justify decisions on the basis of polls - they don't have to brag about what an awesome job they're doing because their actions speak louder than their words. Whereas in RS3 Mod Mark can't finish a single sentence without bragging about and hyping PTTP, even though as of late we get polled on the most irrelevat and trivial stuff. Why is that? Maybe it's because Jagex is desperately trying to convince us of the veracity of their gimmick, because their actions really don't confirm their claims about the importance PTTP; ie, they don't treat it seriously, so they compensate by bragging about it all the time.

• Like 1

The flip side is on OSRS you get every minority whining when they don't get their way in the polls. They believe that they're the majority and how the RS apocalypse is drawing near unless the polls are reversed.

Well they are idiots who should (and I presume are) be safely ignored. OSRS is a lot better off because of their system.

• Like 1

The flip side is on OSRS you get every minority whining when they don't get their way in the polls. They believe that they're the majority and how the RS apocalypse is drawing near unless the polls are reversed.

Sounds familiar.

hey there were more PvPers before wah wah nerf stun pl0x

now it's 4 dhers in world 2

well played jagex, well played

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Does anyone else remember when we were actually polled on important and relevant game updates on PTTP? Yeah, me neither....

Meanwhile on OSRS... All important and relevant updates are polled and the team immediately sets out to work on top priorities in a timely fashion.

The polls are a joke, and the PTTP is a gimmick, not something that Jagex treats seriously. Hell, earlier this year they did the Clue Rework update (and it was voted by the players that they wanted things like Effigies as clue rewards to buff up the value of the average clue - so that clues, even when you don't get uber lucky were worth doing, and this was not even mentioned once on the sneak preview for the clue rework stream a week ago. They seem to be ignoring the poll results and doing something different - hopefully I'm wrong) What a difference the determination of the content team can make to the quality of the game, as evidenced by OSRS.

Another thing; I never ever see Mod Ash or the OSRS team brag about how awesome it is that they poll stuff. They just poll people, and justify decisions on the basis of polls - they don't have to brag about what an awesome job they're doing because their actions speak louder than their words. Whereas in RS3 Mod Mark can't finish a single sentence without bragging about and hyping PTTP, even though as of late we get polled on the most irrelevat and trivial stuff. Why is that? Maybe it's because Jagex is desperately trying to convince us of the veracity of their gimmick, because their actions really don't confirm their claims about the importance PTTP; ie, they don't treat it seriously, so they compensate by bragging about it all the time.

1. Make "Power to the Players" system.
  2. Offer only polls with Jagex approved outcomes.
  3. Justify ignoring of player suggestions by claiming they're not through official channels.

Players have less power now than they've ever had.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

For me the main issues they hit with the main game polls is:

1) They almost never give things a threshold to win - it's just biggest number. So often times the 'winner' was actually wanted by less than 1/2 of voters.

2) They put things in to be polled as an "idea" without having checked game balance first and therefore end up cutting features which were exactly the features that garnered votes.

3) Instead of polling A feature they more often than not poll several features that should ALL be happening against each other, then use our votes to justify new content not happening as it lost in the poll.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue