Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

I personally don't think its all that unrealistic for most mobs to be non aggro.

After all in the real world the vast majority of animals won't attack you unless provoked, so why should the ones in scape be manic blood crazed attack on sight all the time?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Perhaps because half your post about reasoning, though not using the literal word realism, tied in to the concept of realism.

Muggers attacking you or not? issue of realism

Evil wizards attacking or not? issue of realism

Nothing in what you perceive to be dangerous dungeons filled with angry beats attacking you? issue of realism

Your motivation might be safescape vs riskscape, but the fundamental arguments presented are underpinned with concepts of the fact these creatures aren't attacking you when they are 'dangerous' is unrealistic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It just doesn't make sense why people would want to force making things more difficult on themselves.

Maybe we are tired of safescape and want the element of danger back in our games. You can't die, you can't lose items, nothing is dangerous, free stuff and exp is handed out left and right. You can leave your character logged in in the middle of a dangerous dungeon filled with scary and angry dragons and demons and nothing will happen. Everything wants to cuddle you and hold your hands. What the hell is the point? Why are dark evil wizards south of Varroc so scared of me? Why don't muggers want to mug me? Why aren't pirates trying to take over my treasures? Why is there nobody trying to kill me in the Wilderness when I wear a damn partyhat?

Join me for a group hug.

*joins*

This so much this

Perhaps because half your post about reasoning, though not using the literal word realism, tied in to the concept of realism.

Muggers attacking you or not? issue of realism

Evil wizards attacking or not? issue of realism

Nothing in what you perceive to be dangerous dungeons filled with angry beats attacking you? issue of realism

Your motivation might be safescape vs riskscape, but the fundamental arguments presented are underpinned with concepts of the fact these creatures aren't attacking you when they are 'dangerous' is unrealistic.

no it's boring, that's what's being said, very, very boring.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It just doesn't make sense why people would want to force making things more difficult on themselves.

Maybe we are tired of safescape and want the element of danger back in our games. You can't die, you can't lose items, nothing is dangerous, free stuff and exp is handed out left and right. You can leave your character logged in in the middle of a dangerous dungeon filled with scary and angry dragons and demons and nothing will happen. Everything wants to cuddle you and hold your hands. What the hell is the point? Why are dark evil wizards south of Varroc so scared of me? Why don't muggers want to mug me? Why aren't pirates trying to take over my treasures? Why is there nobody trying to kill me in the Wilderness when I wear a damn partyhat?

Join me for a group hug.

Honestly, I don't think any of this has to do with aggressive monsters, nor do I think that aggressive monsters will do anything more than inconvenience people. Nothing is dangerous because once you get even T80 gear your character may as well be a couple of steps from godhood. When you have a high level character in just about any game it makes perfect sense for a world full of otherwise mundane creatures to be completely beneath notice.

In short, muggers don't want to mug you because you're wearing the last thing that tried to kill you as a hat.

• Like 1

just another belief in a sea of beliefs about why their runescape would be better than other people's runescapes

at this point i would just welcome the year of silence and bring in some development that actually has a coherent, unified design that utilizes competence and actual experience with making games instead of trying to pick and choose individual aspects to create a hideous cape, if you don't mind me using that metaphor/reference to decry the "democratic approach" to critical components of the game that our money should really be paying people who have actually had experience with design, instead of spinning wheels and fattening investor wallets

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

just another belief in a sea of beliefs about why their runescape would be better than other people's runescapes

at this point i would just welcome the year of silence and bring in some development that actually has a coherent, unified design that utilizes competence and actual experience with making games instead of trying to pick and choose individual aspects to create a hideous cape, if you don't mind me using that metaphor/reference to decry the "democratic approach" to critical components of the game that our money should really be paying people who have actually had experience with design, instead of spinning wheels and fattening investor wallets

Don't hate on my crystal spinning wheel... Even though it can't spin faster than you'd hoped.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Don't hate on my crystal spinning wheel... Even though it can't spin faster than you'd hoped.

when i first saw that thing i was wondering how they got it to work without it making a ear splitting screeching noise

or why it has gold leaf

8f14270694.jpg

Hmmm, have we had an actual content poll the past 4 months? :s Or a dragonstone poll?

Zamorak heist and the 200th quest. Its content aspects, but not actual content vs content. My take is the community strongly dislikes pitting content against each other.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

^ tru dat I like voting on if something should be done or the shape it should take.

I don't like pitting things that should all be happening against each other, especially as jagex has a knack of dumping in stuff we were promised (aviansie quest, skill boss, inventor) tht inevitably loses.

I also don't like voting on vague ideas - e.g. when rune value improvements won they literally had nothing on HOW to do it and it won mostly because of insane get rich quick ideas people projected on to and the result? A kind of ok vis wax thing that some people use sometimes and no real major shift in rune values with a few rc ninja fixes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I wouldn't call all of the elemental rune price shifts (I'm looking at you, body runes tripling in G.E. value, let alone the real price) no major shift.  But I suppose they could have done more.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They may have tripled some of the low runes but triple almost nothing is still mere pennies.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

True but to push them up more you're going to have to actually create a use for them, like requiring runes in magic spells without the abilities gimmick.  But then people complain magic is too expensive and it's just an endless loop.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well in all honesty the rune value idea worked wonderfully for the economy and did exactly as it intended.

Recently came back and noticed runes were more expensive, what exactly happened?

Vis Wax was added: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_goldberg

It is worth doing daily.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

To be fair, the RS Wiki rune index has increased a lot.

September 15th (release of Rune Goldberg): 134.02

Today: 239.18

78.5% increase in two months is decent. Yes, the increase is inconsistent across runes (lava runes have increased fivefold, for example) but it's an increase. And the rune index is still going up, daily.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange_Market_Watch/Rune_Index

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Body runes were selling at 150ea for a while in the G.E. yesterday, according to a trustworthy friend.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png