Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

To be fair, the RS Wiki rune index has increased a lot.

September 15th (release of Rune Goldberg): 134.02

Today: 239.18

78.5% increase in two months is decent. Yes, the increase is inconsistent across runes (lava runes have increased fivefold, for example) but it's an increase. And the rune index is still going up, daily.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange_Market_Watch/Rune_Index

What I find most interesting from the rune index is that it kinda shows that the idea runes were overly devalued and need buffing was kinda a bit of a myth really.

If you take the most stable period on there (09-11ish) the rune index was in the ballpark of 110-130

And for most of 2014 the rune index was in the exact same ballpark.

Certainly there was a post eoc dip, but by that index they'd climbed back to the usual stable region pretty much entirely prior to the poll.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Body runes were selling at 150ea for a while in the G.E. yesterday, according to a trustworthy friend.

Brb making Bodys till 200M ;)

Hope Ironamn doesn't get Bonus Exp weekends barely Won in the Poll <_<  

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

To be fair, the RS Wiki rune index has increased a lot.

September 15th (release of Rune Goldberg): 134.02

Today: 239.18

78.5% increase in two months is decent. Yes, the increase is inconsistent across runes (lava runes have increased fivefold, for example) but it's an increase. And the rune index is still going up, daily.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange_Market_Watch/Rune_Index

What I find most interesting from the rune index is that it kinda shows that the idea runes were overly devalued and need buffing was kinda a bit of a myth really.

If you take the most stable period on there (09-11ish) the rune index was in the ballpark of 110-130

And for most of 2014 the rune index was in the exact same ballpark.

Certainly there was a post eoc dip, but by that index they'd climbed back to the usual stable region pretty much entirely prior to the poll.

I truly believe that the problem that many have now isn't that skilling makes less than it did before, because many skilling materials are at about what they were years ago. The issue is that PvM now has items worth so much more than it used to years back, whereas skilling materials haven't risen as much. So, while skilling materials may not be worth less than they used to be, they just haven't kept up near combat. It used to be you might skill to get guthans or a whip, and the difference seemed reasonable, but now if you're skilling for ascensions or seismics, or even drygores its a lot easier to notice how little skilling actually makes and start calling for better methods and more valueable skilling.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Of course very true.

I just found it quite interesting how a big part of the rhetoric of people supporting rune value improvements was that they had crashed and were far to cheap compared to what they used to cost and eoc ruined their value entirely and yet by the market index none of these statements really hold true - even though there is a case of the actual market value shifting due to price stability during inflation.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How to make skilling more valuable..

Add a few high level trees that yield 3-5 logs when cut. Two locations in the deep wildy, maybe another under legends guild, and another deep in the desert.

Logs can be burnt for a +25% HP boost, like bonfires.. Can be fletched into a T90 shieldbow that degrades to dust after 2 hrs of combat. Trees respawn every 45 minutes

Add a new gem. Twice as rare to get from existing gem rocks than onyx. Add a new exclusive gem rock that is 100% yield

for the new gem, in the icy portion of wildy, maybe also at the end of the monkey maddness cave, another in high lvl runespan (85 rc to get to it), and maybe in underground pass.

The exclusive gem rock respawns in 1 hour, always gives you 1 item.

Gem can do 2 things.. Be made into untipped bolts (128 per gem), and you can place any other bolt tip on it, to make it into as T90 enchanted bolt, with any of the bolt tip effects.

It can also be cut and placed onto the body/legs/helm of any T70 or high TANK armor, to give it damage bonuses equal to +5 lvl. power armor. So ports effectively become T85 tank with T90 damage. Item can't be repaired, and gem runs out of charges and falls off armor after 2 hours of combat, leaving you with a fully damaged item

Add new lvl 95 RC alter to make elemental and catalyst runes, at 95 and 98 RC. it is not a 100% conversion of pess to runes. With 27 pess, you will usually end up with 10 runes. Conversion rate goes up the more ess you have to craft at once (pouches, ethereal outfit, familiar) to about 80%.

Allow smithing to combine ores into concentrated bars.

14 tin + 14 copper ore = 1 Concentrated Bronze Bar

1 Conc Bronze + 27 Iron Ore = 1 Conc Iron Bar

14 Conc Iron + 14 Coal = 1 Conc Steel Bar

4 Conc Steel + 12 Mithril Ore + 12 Coal = 1 Conc Mithril Bar

4 Conc Mith + 12 Addy ore + 12 Coal = 1 Conc Addy Bar

14 Conc Addy + 4 coal + 10 Runite = 1 Conc Runite bar

Any Conc bar can be used on its metal counterpart to create a Fortified item, which raises stats of it be +10 lvl and requires a corresponding smithing level.

Add in an area in Keldagrim that will  incinerate non-smithinable armor (torva, dragon, bandos, barrows), to get shards. 4-16 shards per item, depending on type. Combine those shards with a large number of Conc Runite so that you can smith yourself Reconstructed Torva/Dragon/Bandos/Barrows items. They'll have stats on the same vein of the hybrid minigame armor; strong def to melee and range, make you take more damage from magic.

Items would last 10 hours before the metal-based stuff goes poof and you are left with a damaged item, with stats equal to the base item. Can be turned back to 'normal', and tradable, for a large amount of money. normally degradable items can not be used when damaged.

Do the same thing for crafting, and ranged, but because hides come from combat, hide costs are halved

8 cowhide + 8 hard leather= thickened cow leather

8 h.leather+14 hard leather = Perfect Cow Leather

2 Perfect leather + 8 green leather = perfect green leather

2 perfect green + 6 blue leather + 6 hard = perfect blue

2 perfect blue + 6 red leather + 6 hard = perfect red

2 perfect red + 6 black leather + 6 hard = perfect black

8 perfect black + 12 royal leather + 8 hard = perfect royal

Same with above

For RC, not making another list, but a large quantity of runes, pess, plus cloth that is grown through farming (seeds obtained from RCing... magic.. seeds)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

But making it so, all the skilling stuff is dependant of use for combat stuff. Best way is to create endproducts that enhance skills too, like giving faster gathering rates, constructs to access a deep mine/far away trees that collapse after X uses, exp boosts (since EVERYTHING gives bonus exp these days), addons like the imcando/adze effect on other skilling items, and so on.

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain to me how can a single floor be pitted against a grandmaster quest and expect it to win ?

Also one of the oldest quest lines against a skill that already has lots of fun content.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Can someone explain to me how can a single floor be pitted against a grandmaster quest and expect it to win ?

They're both grandmaster quests, calling it floor 61 was silly on Jagex's part. Especially since in its current form it's not going to require 120 dg.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

It's been longer since the release of the warped floors and the discovery of the final Thok letter :P

And considering Jagex's track record, the series might be better off without an ending :mrgreen:

True that, after Dwarf V, Plague's End and Salt in the Wound I'm not sure I can take another Jagexian finale.

E: From the BTS, it looks like Osborne, Ana and Raven are discussing these quests, which pretty much means the Vampyre sequel will more likely turn out better.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

floor 61 sounds more like an extended saga of what was really going on down there. I enjoyed (some of) the sagas, always presumed floor 61 would be the same but it still has me interested. At the same time the vampyre quest line I have enjoyed, so long as I don't have to find bob, may have to get my cramulet or w/e enchanted by then.

baileydafrog.png

• 1 month later...

Another new poll coming to us for seasonal high scores:

Next Seasonal Hiscores

Ruby

Which of the following seasonal hiscores would you like to see next? We will poll more seasonal hiscores (as well as some options which didn’t win) in future polls.

Estimated Release: February

Vyre Corpses Cremated
A highscore tracking how many Vyre the player has cremated.

Most Solo Dungeons Completed
A highscore tracking the most floors completed start to finish as a solo player.

Most Sinkhole Points
A highscore for the highest total Sinkhole points collected across multiple games.

Most Cabbages Harvested
A highscore for the most cabbages grown and collected from an allotment.

Most Urns Teleported
A highscore for the largest number of urns filled and teleported away.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png