Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

yeah, i guess players would rather have slightly more perceived convenience than profit

but enough of that, i guess i want the players to prove that they don't know jack about the stuff they're complaining about?

the only cost being all of the cool stuff we could have had instead just taunting us forever with those bad decisions

the christmas event reward should be five hundred humble pies

8f14270694.jpg

Yeah even with autofill and empty I see very little point in it even in meta game numbers.

The time you spend siphoning and the time you spend turning in will be identical whether you use it or not the only difference is you'll save a couple of seconds every few rounds due to running the few squares to the crater less.

Surely remotely submitted chronicles or improved boon are still better overall. Chronicle xp isnt half bad really, just the time it takes to run them ruins it, which this would eliminate. And Boon boost means a outright extra % increase to xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It does add up over time though...

Yes and if it exists it'd be worth using for that overtime saving.

However that does not change the fact that only 1 of these will make it into the game and in terms of pure time to 99 mechanics remote offering of boons (thus allowing you to use them efficiently), an extra % increase to the normal xp rate and heck even the ability to stock up a bunch of energy for higher turn in via forager are all quite clearly going to up xp:h rates just about enough to reduce time to 99 more than some stupid auto filling bob.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ugh...You could always not try to train div when you don't have bonus xp rather than mindlessly running memories to a bank only to have to run them back again at a later date, the sum product of which probably utterly negates the effect of bonus xp...but then that would require the average scaper to have an ounce of intellect. -.-

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

the only logical reason i've actually seen for using the bob was for storing enriched then using when you have enough energy for them to get better bonus xp, for diy mainly. The other familiars still probably would give better xp but jagex destroyed the only viable idea by saying familiar would auto use memories.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Because they don't understand cost benefit ratios and basic economics of opportunity cost.

I'm not even sure if you need to understand it to realize how silly it is to run across half the world to bank your memories when you could just click the rift and not have to worry about anything else.

I wonder how they're going to handle the stat reset, though.

The people who are going to have some stats reset will most likely have done a couple of stuff that required higher than Lv. 1 Def/HP/Prayer/whatever.

People would be able to go and complete as many quests or other content that they possibly could, then get skills reset back to 1 and have an advantage over other players that weren't around for the skill reset.

Not to mention it could pose a problem with people hijacking others' accounts and resetting their stats without their consent (and then I would expect Jagex to refuse putting said stat back to where it was originally.)

I like the idea of the BoB, since that would make Divination a bit more AFK. But the booster just has so much better effects, I think it wouldn't really be worth it to take slightly better AKF-ness over better exp/hour, considering Divination is already very AFK.

the only logical reason i've actually seen for using the bob was for storing enriched then using when you have enough energy for them to get better bonus xp, for diy mainly. The other familiars still probably would give better xp but jagex destroyed the only viable idea by saying familiar would auto use memories.

Don't enriched memories take up twice as much energies anyway? What's the point of save now, use later; than use now, save later? Or just don't save at all?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I thought it was the same energy for both. Nvm then there really is no use to actually using the bob.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I think the bob is ok... if inventor requires memories we will be thankful.

But inventor doesn't use memories the resource supplied by div for inventor is energy which will be used to fuel the contraptions. We've known this for quite some time now and its the same reason why in div we weave energy but give the memories back to the anima mundi.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Probably the same reason they think a BoB is useful for divination - They are a bit daft and jump to random conclusions that entirely contradict what we have been told and can see with our own eyes. (What we can see in this case being the fact energy is a resource - we can sacrifice xp to get more of it or sacrifice it to get more xp - and memories are a by product - they serve no purpose other than being turned in for xp or resources.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm not sure why people suddenly think that we would need memories for Invention, seen it pop up at different places recently.

It never has been suddenly, it has always been the case.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm not sure why people suddenly think that we would need memories for Invention, seen it pop up at different places recently.

It never has been suddenly, it has always been the case.

No it hasn't. It's been quite obvious that it was going to be energy for a long time, why else would the energy be tradeable and the memories not be. Ping is right about it being recently.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I think the bob is ok... if inventor requires memories we will be thankful.

But inventor doesn't use memories the resource supplied by div for inventor is energy which will be used to fuel the contraptions. We've known this for quite some time now and its the same reason why in div we weave energy but give the memories back to the anima mundi.

There is good potential for memories to be a part of the inventor training. It might make banking them useful for inventor. You never know until it hits the live game.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png