Sid Meier's Civilization

DownToFletch

Didn't see one, so I'm making one.

My friend just introduced me to the game, and I'm loving it!

Currently playing Civ 5 with all of the DLC's. Anyone else out there?

List of Players That Play - 

DownToFletch

The Runar - Having technical difficulties

Ezee

Civilization 5 Games -

Game 1. Everyone!

Names of Participants - 

xxxxx AI

Average difficulty of players - xxxxx

Game 2. UK

Names of Participants - 

xxxxx AI

Game 3. USA

Names of Participants - 

xxxxx AI

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I'm in the middle of a Civ 4 game. Currently spamming Sids Sushi to all my cities and hogging all the fish and rice resources. All of my cities are hitting 20+ population.

I'm running Representation and producing like 1,500 beakers on 20% funding. The 40% culture spending is practically making my people delirious in happiness. 30 happy faces per city.

Maybe I should try harder difficulties lol

This is my first game and I think I'm on settler difficulty but the Germans and Chinese might prove to be a pain in the butt to kill off. Not just them, but I have like 10 standing units right next to the Greek border waiting until I can plow their huge empire. It's gonna be a long game still :o

max.png 50.png

I've never played the Civilization games. I do play Galactic Civilizations which is similar (though there are some pretty major deviations in gameplay), as well as Endless Space which is in turn similar to Galactic Civilizations. I usually go for a side that has a lot of research ability, since I prefer technological supremacy to inherent combat bonuses.

Yeah, combat in Civ 4 was pretty bad. He who piles most Catapults underneath a Pikeman to prevent the Knight flank inevitably wins through collateral damage.

If it's a consolation, the combat in Civ 2 was just lol-worthy. Spearman defending against Submarines...

I've never played the Civilization games. I do play Galactic Civilizations which is similar (though there are some pretty major deviations in gameplay), as well as Endless Space which is in turn similar to Galactic Civilizations. I usually go for a side that has a lot of research ability, since I prefer technological supremacy to inherent combat bonuses.

If you're interested in Civ 5 let me know, I have an extra steam key getting dusty :P

I have Civ3, 4 and 5 with all the expansions and DLC for each. I like Civ5 the most because it actually requires strategy in combat, though the AI is really bad at it :/

Runar, we should play sometime!

So should we get an official game going on Civ 5? I have the DLC's but it doesn't bother me if we don't play them. 

I'll update the first post with an example

edit: I updated the first post with an example of 2 games, you can tell what's going on. I can also put in names of people in them

A lot of us aren't in similar timezones or remotely near each other, so we could definitely have an "everyone" game, "USA people," and a "UK" game, you know? Would be cool to play with TIF'ers :)

Also, I'm not sure what your computers are capable of doing, computation wise. I can fairly easily get to turn 250 or so with little to no problems just on my laptop CPU. Haven't gotten to a 250 round game yet on my PC so I'm not sure what she can do :P

max.png 50.png