Your Rigs and Battle Stations. Let's see them!

DownToFletch

• 6 months later...

3 23" 1920x1080 Acer monitors.

I can run them in 5760x1080 but I run them without surround because i can snap windows to each monitor and use fullscreen windowed easier for games like WoW and D3. 

Low_C.png

I've had no problems out of them. Only part ive had problems with is the EVGA 560 TI i've had to send it in for RMA twice so far. You could buy the most expensive brand and still have to RMA. 

Low_C.png

I've had no problems out of them. Only part ive had problems with is the EVGA 560 TI i've had to send it in for RMA twice so far. You could buy the most expensive brand and still have to RMA. 

Weird, I have a ton of EVGA products and have never had a problem :o

Same with friends

What seems to be the problem?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Weird, I have a ton of EVGA products and have never had a problem :o

Same with friends

What seems to be the problem?

Yeah I'd like to know as well, I've never had any issues with EVGA products and same with my friends, we pretty much even choose that brand because of the reliability.

Will probably post my rig sometime this week.

EVGA is just so big and all of my friends use at least one of their products, you can't go wrong you know? Also, isn't the 5 series 4 years old? To be honest with the 900 series released if you don't want to fork up the extra money for those, I retired my EVGA GTX 660 SC which is only about 2 years old, give a few months I think. Even though it's 2 years old, I could max Battlefield 3 @ ~60fps, played Battlefield 4 comfortably on high @ ~45-50fps, iirc I could play crysis 3 on high with like ~35fps (my buddy tested that on his Asus 660, no idea what I would have gotten I don't think I even own the game. I'm 90% certain he wasn't oc'd either.) Even though I was already SC'd, I NEVER oc'd to get those numbers. If you're just playing runescape and other low-graphics (intensity) games, I suppose the 660 will be fine. When big maps came into effect on Civilization 5, my GPU was fine (Yes I know civ is more CPU based but I had that maxed out graphically too)

So yeah

I have my 660 in it's original box, I was gonna try to sell it for $100 USD but I don't know of anyone that would want it.

max.png 50.png

I'll still buy EVGA, my point is any product can be defective. SLI 560ti's still run a lot of games at max settings 60 fps very powerful cards for being so old. No doubt ill upgrade to 980 when my warranty runs out on these cards. 

Low_C.png

I'll still buy EVGA, my point is any product can be defective. SLI 560ti's still run a lot of games at max settings 60 fps very powerful cards for being so old. No doubt ill upgrade to 980 when my warranty runs out on these cards. 

Dude Nvidia covers warranty replacements in certain cases for up to 10 years.

EVGA only does 2 years :P

What was that about replacing them after the warranty? :D

max.png 50.png

Whats your point? I know what warranty my cards have considering i've RMA'd them through evga twice. When you register a product through EVGA it also tells you when your warranty is up through the RMA page. No reason to even link that.

Low_C.png

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Upgraded the 560ti's to a 970 ACX 2.0, I can run 3 monitors off just the 970 and i run a tv mounted above the monitors off the CPU. I'll post a picture when i get a better phone. I'm impressed with the 970 though i'm running The Witcher 3 at 50-55 FPS and the rest of my games are more than 60 fps easily. 

Low_C.png

Upgraded the 560ti's to a 970 ACX 2.0, I can run 3 monitors off just the 970 and i run a tv mounted above the monitors off the CPU. I'll post a picture when i get a better phone. I'm impressed with the 970 though i'm running The Witcher 3 at 50-55 FPS and the rest of my games are more than 60 fps easily. 

I have the ACX 1.0 on my 970. Still a wicked card.

max.png 50.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just moved in in a new city and appartment. Thought I'd post an update here. 

I still have to do the wire management as you'll see in the pictures, but it has been done since taking the pictures.

4812844082.png

Specs:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.3GHz (default speed being 3.5GHz)

Graphics card: 2x Nvidia GTX 550ti Superclocked (EVGA) in SLI, soon to be replaced by a single GTX 980ti

Storage: 128GB Crucial M500 (pretty old) + 1TB WD Caviar Black + 500GB WD Caviar Blue

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X (2 x 8GB kit)

293x3f7.jpg

20h5x07.jpg

• 4 months later...

Built a new pc.

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel® HD Graphics ..

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan

Overclocked CPU to 4.4ghz. Think i got bad silicon lottery because i couldn't get 4.5ghz stable under 1.4vcore and didn't want to go any higher. 

EVGA Gtx 970 SC+ ACX 2.0 Overclocked +100mhz gpu clock ontop of the factory oc. 

ASRock Z170 Pro4S LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 ...

SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD Single Unit Version MZ-N5E500BW

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid Tower Gaming Case CC-9011050

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1 80+ BRONZE, 750W Semi Modular 5 Year Warranty Power Supply 110-B1-0750-VR

TCL 48FS3750 48-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

The TV was a spur of the moment decision. I don't regret it, played GTAV and Witcher 3 on it off the pc and its amazing. The ROKU is built in and integrated great and i love it. Just 1 click to go to PC or back to wireless streaming.

My old PC is now a plex server + Minecraft Server + my sister uses it for photoshop. It has an i5-2400 on a z68 mobo. I may buy a 212 evo for it and overclock the blck to 3.8ghz it ran stable at 3.8 but it ran 90c underload on stock cooler so i think its possible to get some more life out of it. 

Low_C.png