my personal way to solo slay the kalphite queen {wip}

BattleThingz

Work in Progress, pics will be added or edited, also text will most likely be edited many times!

This is my personal way of slaying the kalphite queen. I started this because I was given the challenge task from Slayer Master Sumona and accepted it. I was given a task of kalphites, so what better way to complete 99 slayer by killing the Kalphite Queen 160 times over right? I did read the guide posted on this site, but since the change of combat, the queen is extremely weaker than previously. So here goes:

My combat Stats:

fuusxx.png

Inventory:

2zptef7.png

In my inventory:

I have a lucky Armadyl crossbow
off-hand rune crossbow

prayer potion (4)

the rest of my inventory is rocktail.

Obviously you must get the lucky Armadyl crossbow from the Treasure Hunter minigame, if you don't have one, just a armadyl crossbow (or stronger) will work just as well or better.

As for my off-hand rune crossbow, I didn't like the idea of spending 20mil for an off-hand crossbow weapon, when this weapon is easily made or bought on the G.E for roughly 9K (9,000) or so.

I bring one (1) prayer potion (4), four doses, my prayer level is also 91. You may need more or the same amount depending on your prayer level and ability to slay the kalphite queen.

I also use to bring a teleport tab, in case it went bad for me, any tab will do as it's a one click teleport away from death! I no longer bring one.

Equipped Inventory:

2niy2wm.png

Helmet:

Tier 3 full slayer helmet, a must if you are slaying! If not on task, I'm sure a helm of Neitiznot will do.

Cape:

Ava's Accumulator, I know there's Ava's Alerter, but I haven't done the quest for that :rolleyes: . Or I use a simple Skill cape. I use the accumulator for the 1.8% range critical and it has 25 armour.

Amulet:

amulet of fury, all around good ammy, and I've made use of it since it first came out!

Weapon:

Korasi's Sword, much more damage than a Abby vine whip (total of 198 more damage). Before this sword, I did use the vine whip, but the sword has increased damage, and a melee critical of 1%, slower but for me it's better.

Chestplate:

Bandos chestplate, I've used this item since it came out, high defense and also does damage. Not too badly priced either but don't forget it offers a prayer bonus.

Shield:

enhanced Excalibur, it's speed is fastest and it has a high accuracy (1486). Sometimes I switch it up and use a spectral spirit shield which offers high life bonus.

Leggings:

Bandos Tassets, high defense and damage like the chestplate and again offers prayer bonus.

Gloves:

Bandos Gloves, they offer good defense, damage and are fairly cheap. Before these I used the Culinaromancer's Gloves 10.

Boots:

Bandos Boots, same as gloves, good defense, damage, and cost less than the gloves I believe. Before these it was Dragon boots.

Ring:

Warrior ring, 2.7% melee critical with this, it's cheap and helps out overall effectiveness of melee.

Arrows:

royal bolts, cheap and high damage, 768 damage. I bring 1K (1000) bolts, there's no need for that many, just overdoing it.

Action Bar & Combat Mode:

23l04mq.png

Combat mode:

Revolution, it makes less clicking, and you can focus more on your life points and prayer level.

Both action bars are set up from lowest level ability to highest level.

160buw2.png

Action Bar for Melee (duel wield):

1-Slice

2-Sever

3-Dismember

4-Havoc

5-Decimate

6-Flurry (50% adrenaline required)

7-Destroy(50% adrenaline required)

8-Frenzy (100% adrenaline required)

2nso18p.png

Action Bar for Range (duel wield):

1-Piercing Shot

2-Needle Strike

3-Binding Shot

4-Fragmentation Shot

5-Ricochet

6-Snap Shot (50% adrenaline required)

7-Rapid Fire (50% adrenaline required)

8-Bombardment (50% adrenaline required)

9-Unload (100% adrenaline required)

15x8va.png

While wearing the above mentioned gear and having the Korasi's sword and enhanced Excalibur equipped you will have 7680 life points.

(When you switch to your range weapons, the life points does not change.)

My prayer total is 910, but I increase that by going to the pools of the Ogre village, it's by the Oo'glog lodestone. Jump in the pool, jump out, prayer increases from 910 to 1005.

I do not use a summon familiar.

I keep my auto-retaliate disabled, because once you kill the queen all the workers/guardians will attack you and that is a slight problem when trying to collect your hard earned loot! Just simply right-click the queen and click attack if you want to ensure you are in fact still attacking the queen.

2ljgwvq.png

When you enter the Queen's lair, I click past the two guardians usually hanging around the entrance, then click my protect magic on, I've learned that the Queen does the most damage with her magic attacks.

Do note, once you enter the Queen's lair you are safe from any attacks (unless the Queen is up close to the entrance and in range/mage distance to attack you), as the area is small and the guardians or Queen couldn't fit in there, though the Queen is usually in the back of the lair.

When you see the Queen, click behind her so you can tank the two (2) Guardians that are in there as well. The Queen takes up many spaces, and the Guardians usually can never get past her.

You may only have to worry about the soldiers, but they don't hit very hard or very often.

e00f90.png

Mid-battle against the Queen's first form, in which I use melee. As the queen has protect mage/range on. I do not heal until I'm between 2000 and 3000 life points, and I only eat one (1) rocktail.

In the Queen's first form, I may eat four (4) or five (5) rocktail. On the Queen's second form, possibly up to 8 rocktail.

1zqegw8.png

This is the second form of the Queen coming out, she uses protect melee prayer.

This is the perfect time to switch action bars and weapons, as it takes several seconds for her to complete the change.

I switch from my Korasi's sword and enhanced excalibur to the lucky Armadyl crossbow and the off-hand rune crossbow.

I also switch my action bar melee to the action bar range.

Revolution is a huge help when you have any action bar ready for use and set-up.

16a7gv9.png

Once victorious over the Kalphite Queen, I pick up the loot, turn off protect magic prayer, run to the safe-spot that is the entrance into the lair (rope hanging down so you can climb back up, if need be).

Then I lodestone teleport to Lumbridge, recharge my prayer at the monastery, then lodestone teleport to Al Kharid, restock at the bank, and finally run back to the hole in the ground that leads to the Kalphite lair.

During this kill I received two (2) rune spears and 6 crimson charms.

2dujia8.png

It is very possible to kill the Queen two (2) or more times in a single trip. If you're slaying that is 1,309 slayer xp per kill.

Not a bad amount considering it really only takes a max of 5 minutes per kill.

Here's the spoils for two kills in a trip. (That's wine of Zamorak noted)

2mmzj1h.png

As you can see, after two (2) kills, I still have leftover food and still 2 doses in my prayer potion.

*break*

If you see any errors or any suggestions you might have, let me know and I'll fix the errors and tryout the suggestions!

Edited by BattleThingz
  • Like 2

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

• 4 weeks later...

Good guide m8!

Some other things it might be good to comment on are the re-spawn rate of the KQ so that players will know whether it's really worth doing multiple kills per trip. Another thing that players could find useful is the use of summoning familiars. (Is it better to use a BoB or a healing familiar like a unicorn?)

You could also show alternate routes to KQ such as the broomstick that teleports a player to the sorcerer's garden which is just outside the Shanty Pass or else the use of a fairy ring.

Further gear upgrades could also be good or else downgrades for those who are strapped for cash. Likewise, a suggested levels part could also be good and maybe even a section about using magic for killing it.

Hope you keep adding to this guide as you improve methods!

Nealo

Thanks, I plan to finish out this guide. I'll add a "noob" gear setup for melee/range setup that I did. I'll also test out magic and see how that goes.  Right now I'm dungeoneering for items that can be put to use in place of high priced items.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

The royal crossbow would also be a good upgrade for those who can make it at least most of the way through a Queen Black Dragon fight. Inexpensive but a formidable ranged weapon.

Nealo

you might consider using overloads, dps prayers t90 weapons etc.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Kind of moot advice if you don't already have them.

How do you get overloads, turmoil, and t90 weapons?

- Kill monsters

How do I kill the monsters?

-Use overloads, turmoil, and t90 weapons

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Kind of moot advice if you don't already have them.

How do you get overloads, turmoil, and t90 weapons?

- Kill monsters

How do I kill the monsters?

-Use overloads, turmoil, and t90 weapons

Bomb tank with sagaie

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting