31 March 2014 - F2P HighScores

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=97/free-to-play-hiscores-action-bar-sharing-and-clan-messaging

Free to Play HiScores, Action Bar Sharing and Clan Messaging

This week sees the much-requested return of HiScores for free players, and a nifty new feature that lets you share your action bar setups with friends.

Read on for more information, or log in and play right away!

Free to Play HiScoresHiScores are back for free players! Free players can once again go toe-to-toe with their subscribing counterparts in the battle for XP gaining glory!

The first thing to note is that free players won't automatically appear in the HiScores - they'll need to log in after today's update to be counted.

A new inactivity filter has also been introduced - free players will be removed from the all time tables if they don't log in for 90 days or more.

Finally, there are some minimum requirements:

• At least 2154 XP is required to appear in the Overall - All Time table.
  • At least level 15 in the relevant skill is required to appear in any skill-specific All Time table.
  • At least 1000 XP in the relevant time frame is required to appear in a weekly or monthly hiscore table.

We're looking forward to seeing free players climbing high on the HiScores. Have fun, and show us what you're made of!

Action Bar Sharing

You can now share your action bar setups with people on your Friends List. Whether you're helping a new player get to grips with combat or sharing an optimal setup with your boss-running group, this is sure to come in handy.

To share your action bar setup, right-click the number on the action bar number on the left side of the interface and select 'share'. Your Friends List will then be opened (if it's not already) and you'll be able to select a friend to share the setup with. They'll be shown what you're offering and prompted to accept or decline.

For full details, head over to the wiki.

Clan Admin Messages

Today sees the release of Clan Admin Broadcast Messages. Working with clan leaders, we've developed this new system for keeping clan members informed of important events.

If you’re in a clan and have ever been surprised by a new recruit or someone leaving, for example, these kind of events can now be broadcast to your clan members.

There's a new fully customisable interface controlling how much information is distributed and who will receive it. It's accessible to clan leaders via the 'Clan Settings' tab within the 'Clan Settings' interface. There's also a new permission for the messaging function in the 'Admin Permissions' tab.

We've made some usability tweaks geared towards clans too, which can be found in this week's patch notes.

Patch Notes

Graphical:

• A flickering animation on the advanced Barbarian Agility Course's balance beam has been fixed.
  • Verac's flail has been altered to ensure adherence to the rules of gravity.
  • The player's mouth no longer hangs open while wearing Linza's female premium hairstyle.
  • The Dungeoneering journal interfaces have been updated to use the new interface style.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
  • The Quest Points total now adds up correctly post-Fate of the Gods, and activates Philipe's new locations as expected.
  • Teleporting out of the Empyrean Citadel after completing Fate of the Gods no longer triggers Sliske's chat.
  • It is now possible to reclaim another Dragon Rider amulet if a player has one stored in a dragon keepsake box.
  • It is now possible to create an enchanted version of the cramulet which retains the 'Open' option from the enchanted catspeak amulet.
  • Brendt is no longer on Jatizo after starting the Birthright of the Dwarves quest.

Other:
  • Non-farming XP rewards from harvesting sunchoke, fly trap, barberry bush and prickly pear plants will now be more predictable.
  • The 'new poll' tooltip will no longer display above the World Map.
  • The destroy message for protean planks has been updated to reference Treasure Hunter.
  • An issue with the Clan List updating inaccurately when adding friends has been fixed.
  • Ogre-themed music tracks no longer play at the brilliant wisp colony, between the Magic Training Arena and the River Salve.
  • Returning players who are placed into the Ashdale tutorial with a full inventory can now progress through the tutorial.
  • The drop messages for Mage Arena capes no longer reference Guthix as being alive.
  • The scroll of cleansing now properly recognises secondary ingredients when mixing super Guthix rest potions.
  • Players can no longer attempt to 'Find' their clan vexillum when placed in a Clan Citadel.
  • The default blue font colour in the clan chat tab of the chatbox interface has now been changed to more suitable colour, making it easier to read the text.
  • Activating Regenerate after leaving combat when using Momentum will no longer end the effect.
  • The text explaining the Path System to existing players upon completion of the Ashdale tutorial has been updated.

Ninja Fixes:
  • The dark magic aura no longer causes damage to creatures while they should be immune.
  • The familiar buff icon no longer counts down in places where a familiar's timer is stalled, such as the Grand Exchange.
  • A new Quick Chat message has been made to help direct players to the Support Centre.

Engine Fixes:
  • An improved hitmark system has been implemented in advance of future combat updates.
  • A number of issues with avatars in the RuneScape Companion web app have been fixed.

HTML5 Engine Fixes:
  • An issue causing crashes in HTML5 has been fixed.
  • A Crafting icon on the HTML5 minimap now displays as it should.
  • An issue where players' feet were clipping into floor tiles during King of the Dwarves in HTML5 has been fixed.

Should be nice to see F2Pers on hiscores again, can finally stop spamming Imgur with pictures of my action bar. :thumbup:

Verac's flail has been altered to ensure adherence to the rules of gravity.

I lol'd.
  • Like 3

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

It is now possible to create an enchanted version of the cramulet which retains the 'Open' option from the enchanted catspeak amulet

Best update of all time. :P

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I wish they included inactive accounts on the hiscores. Maybe if they got at least one level 99 or something.

• Like 2

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

The Quest Points total now adds up correctly post-Fate of the Gods, and activates Philipe's new locations as expected.

oh right, that little scamp is still running around

forgot that was even a thing

also, kind of a couple weeks too late with the cramulet there...

8f14270694.jpg

Now watch as the remainder of unique names get stolen and snatched up. As much as I love this update for F2P, please Jagex, free up names that haven't been used in years....

Popoto.~<3

Every name is unique.

But how does this help "unique" names get "stolen"? Like more than before. :o

Because people who have had their name changed recently can snipe names by just making an account - also, I'd assume 'stolen' is because if you're "giving" your name to another player, if someone knows the exact date/time, they can snipe it.

Ily ping

Also, found the top f2p players with no member skills trained - awesome, but kind of lame if they want to get members, they'll be a bit behind :(

Rank | Name | Level | Experience

225,633 | Meneer Naab | 1655 | 1,492,371,306

225,634 | Syzygy | 1655 | 1,084,400,386

hnng don't feel like checking the other thread of why my puush links aren't allowed

Picture4-2.png 7QKmX.jpg
Jagiella.png

But now it can still be a F2P player, because they're only added to the highscores if they log in after today's update.

They can have skills above 30 which would prevent their name from being freed up, but be inactive.

• Like 1

You still have to log in for your F2P account to show up on the highscores.

But lol some F2P 200m's already beat some P2P'ers just by logging in. Seems like old ranks are retained.

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They're never freeing up names so not really an issue anyway

I had a bit of a chat with a Mod yesterday, we should be getting new slayer masks this week and they also mentioned that names will be getting freed up soon, however people may not like how they will be made available...

I had a bit of a chat with a Mod yesterday, we should be getting new slayer masks this week and they also mentioned that names will be getting freed up soon, however people may not like how they will be made available...

...Right, how much is "Alg" going to cost me? $5? $10? If it's more than that, can I sell "A Local Guy" to the highest bidder as a way to pay for it?

:twss:

It will be interesting to see the hiscores in the next few weeks as more players (inactive or not) find out about the f2p hiscores update.

As for not allowing all f2p accs back on hiscores unless they log in after the update, I'm not really sure why Jagex did that other than they said something about technical issues. If anything, it just shows how few ppl still actively play RS (~503k as of this post) compared to the past. Also, that's not even really an accurate measurement due to inactive players who are still membed. 

The name change system is their lowest priority. Mods have been saying they're releasing more names "soon" ever since the first batch. Don't count on it happening until at least midway through 2015.

What exactly does this mean anyway? Will they be removing the names from the accs?...Or will they be deleting the accs altogether? >.<

Pls clarify.

"ill give you this kids rsn for 40 runecoins"

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

What exactly does this mean anyway? Will they be removing the names from the accs?...Or will they be deleting the accs altogether? >.<

Pls clarify.

All I know is that you can get names that are no longer being used by an active account, for a fee. That seems to be the plan at the moment, but yeah, I'm waiting on the slayer mask update this week coming true before I believe any names are becoming available!