Beginner maging

Vulxai

Where are decent training spots for lower level mages? Currently level 41, aiming for 59 right now. 

Also, what level would you recommend before starting to mage higher level monsters (i.e. glacors? You mage those, right?)

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

You will want to get at least 75 for Fire Wave to use against Glacors. 

As for the first question.... I really don't know much about lower level stuff in EoC, but I'll just assume that training magic via slayer is a good way to go. Just make sure to get a Hexcrest for the increased damage/accuracy while on task.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Thanks for the glacors help, and as far as the second part, yeah that's my struggle too! I'm not sure where, for lack of better term, the cool kids hang out! I do slayer a little bit here and there, but I've never been a fan of slayer, I'm a little old school lol

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Slayer is about as old-school as it gets :P

The Polypore Dungeon may be a good choice. There are monsters of various levels there, all weak to Magic; perhaps you should go there and work your way up until you find a monster that is a decent balance between challenge and reward?

2dgucz6.png

I'll have to check out that dungeon! And when I started, Slayer wasn't a skill lol, then when it came out, I never really got into it much.

What are you other combat stats?

Perhaps you could find someone to go to dagannoth kings with. Maging rex is always a profit and you would only need someone else to kill the other 2 for you.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum