Bank Updates - Quick Presets and Drag & Drop (7/4/13)

Ambler

Bank Updates - Quick Presets and Drag & Drop

Managing your bank's quicker and easier than it's ever been with today's duo of updates. Equip a favourite set of combat gear or backpack-full of skilling items in the blink of an eye with quick loadouts, and clear out the clutter with ease with our new drag and drop to destroy function.

Read on for more information, or log in and give it go!

Take That to the Bank

Free players and members.

Quick presets are an easy way to equip yourself with an oft-used loadout of gear, or with a backpack of essential items for a skilling run.

The best way to see how it works is to give it a try. Log into the game and access your bank. From there, fill up your backpack and/or worn inventory with a setup you'd commonly use - gear up as if you were going on a Slayer task, for example, or if you were running to the anvil for some smithing.

From there, you'll be able to save your current backpack, worn inventory - or both - as one of a number of presets. Then, you'll be able to reload that preset from any bank, by clicking the 'load' icon next to the preset's entry. You can even assign up to two of these as 'quick load' options, accessible right from the bank interface itself.

In this way, it's easy to quickly gear up for an adventure, and your skilling will be smoother than ever.

Members get five of these presets from the off, and free players two. If you find you need more, you can rent them for a limited time - or even purchase more - using either Bonds, Loyalty Points or RuneCoins directly from the interface – there’s no need to go to Solomon’s General Store.

Enjoy, and if you have any questions, head on over to our FAQ.

Cleaning's Not a Drag

Free players and members

We've also added the ability to drag and drop items from your bank, should you wish to be rid of them. Note that this can only be used to destroy items - not to drop them on the ground.

This makes it easy to clear you bank of whole stacks of items without filling up your inventory with noted stacks first.

These two updates mean more time spent adventuring, and less time spent juggling your inventory. We hope you enjoy adventuring in a more convenient Gielinor - be sure to let us know what you think on the forums!

The RuneScape Team
In Other News

Solomon's now stocking the magnificently nostalgic RuneScape Through the Ages emote - designed and voted for by the RuneScape community. Head on over to Solomon's General Store now to pick it up!
Don't forget that you can now start earning Treasure Hunter keys through SuperSonicAds!

[hide=Patch Notes]

The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.

As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.

Graphical:

When wearing Shadow Ariane's robe top, the skin colour of male players’ torso and arms will now match the rest of their body.
Some missing textures have been applied to the male Shadow Owen and Shadow Ozan hairstyles.
The spit roast model in Lumbridge has been updated.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Players will no longer receive scroll ports missions if they already own all scrolls in a Player-Owned Port.
The Perks interface in Cops & Crooks now has horizontal and vertical scroll bars when shrunk.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

Azzanadra was getting a bit confused in Senntisten after Zaros' return. He has since been enlightened and feels much more informed.
An issue in Zaros's dialogue that was causing confusion during Fate of the Gods has been corrected.
The Fremennik achievement list will now correctly recognise when a player completes a bar crawl.
Players can no longer use the off-hand bind slot within Dungeoneering to complete the "have 4 bound items" task before having the required level.

Other:

A new message has been added to the clan admin message system for when a clan mate is kicked from the clan.
A typo with the ban removal message in clan admin messaging has been fixed.
Clan avatars will no longer disappear when teleporting from a Player-Owned House.
The clan event noticeboard can now have Heist set as an activity.
Players will now be able to hear a lashing sound when using the fury ability with an abyssal whip.
Several examines that refer to Zamorak as evil have been made more objective.
Audio drop outs on a large selection of music tracks have been fixed.
Right-click options have been removed when right-clicking buttons on the ribbon.

Ninja Fixes:

The damage from dreadnips has been slightly buffed.
Korasi's sword has been made into a stabbing weapon again.
All animations for crafting runes at an altar have been updated.
[/hide]

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

The new trend of renting mtx is troubling...

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The new trend of renting mtx is troubling...

Don't knock it before you try it.  

5 presets are a lot!  The presets are not either/or - you can have both inventory and equipment under a single preset:

JmWv6yn.jpg

5 slots are 5 full suit-ups, which is plenty for myself.  

On the issue of "renting" slots.  If you can ignore the pay-to-win aspect, they're only 10 runecoins/week, and slots are permanetly purchasable for 3 bonds each.  That's really not that expensive.  If it make you feel any better, just pretend the buying-bond-from-ge step didn't exist and you're buying permanent slots at ~20m/slot at current bond price.  

I'd buy ten if JaGeX ever offered that for GE slots.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

0/10 update, needs placeholders

Yes, why wasn't this made! We had so much hope for never having to do any major bank cleaning and organizing...
  • Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Whilst the bank update is great, this needs to be a lift click "equip" rather than "deposit" when the equipment screen is opened

7ZrxA.jpg

EDIT: AND THEY [bleep]ING CHANGED THE WAY YOU MOVE STUFF AROUND IN THE BANK. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE OLD WAY@@@@@@@@

• Like 3

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I like this update, sad we didn't get bank slot locking but its awesome all the same.

I like that right-click wear/wield from the bank directly swaps the items, as does switching presets.

Got melee, magic and ranged slayer preset built now, kinda wish I had enough slots to do non-slayer setups for dps and tank sets

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Update is okay, seems glitchy. 

The drag-destroy for banks is frightening. 

Solomon's selling extra pre-slots is not cool.

The Ninja fixes are getting worse by the week. There's so much stuff they could easily fix, and some that I have personally suggested, why aren't they fixing more? They easily could...

• Like 1

The drag-destroy for bank is frightening.

<*stares at the thing about "Drag and Drop to Destroy", and facewalls hard*>

Jagex screws up again, seeing as Griefers and Black-Hat-Hackers are going to love that.  All they have to do now is break in completely and they can insta-destroy a person's entire everything even more easily now.  I could see drag-drop for bank to inventory/equips, but giving the direct ability to drag out and destroy is completely wrong.  Maybe allow drag-drop to ground, but they should never have given total destruction. :wall:

~D. V. "Nobody's safe anymore..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

it doesn't destroy the item, it just drops it on the ground

Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Clearly you did not read the news.

It specifically says it does NOT drop items only destroys them.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Those are actually pretty cool, would be good to see all of them (including the hopefully existing soul one and the combo rune ones)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Guys, I am not sure if you have noticed but not a too distant past ago someone here was mentioning about re-polling the browser poll, asking which browser one uses!

Now check out the current quick-poll!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Loving these rc emotes. Combo runes and arma runes just use the same animation as the altar you are at.

Gone around and giffed the rest

[spoiler=Air, Astral, Blood, Body]

IrLwbCY.gifOxNIzgq.gif

aCStsk2.gifAM9KVbE.gif

[spoiler=Chaos, Cosmic, Death, Earth]

OzeOmPL.gifyzu6JGg.gif

NfuKRNK.gifmwnXEol.gif

[spoiler=Fire, Law, Mind, Nature, Water]

KV3NEzo.gif2y2Djyb.gif

nXg7KKv.gif274MpgM.gif

kjOMSCp.gif

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Clearly you did not read the news.

It specifically says it does NOT drop items only destroys them.

Well then it is not consistent. I did it earlier to clear some items out from my bank. Whilst I did not check every one, the Saradomin and Zamorak arrows that I dragged from the bank were NOT, I repeat for claritys sake, NOT, destroyed. They were simply dropped.

1)  Earning keys on a lot of the stuff hasn't worked so far and I'm finding myself making a mule hotmail account to gather up all the spam that'll be on there.

2)  The inventory presets update is amazing.  I love it so much because I runecraft the old fashioned way and it helps so much with loading new invents.  The only pet peeve I can think of is that it doesn't preset filled rune pouches, but that would mean it would be too perfect.

3)  Having to buy/rent new presets is a little annoying BUT, five is more than enough for me, I have figured (melee, magic, range invents, runecrafting, logs for firemaking).

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I really wish you could choose whether the preset closed the bank window or not.  Having it close the bank is awesome for skilling, but not so great for combat.  I want to be able to auto withdraw all my gear and potions, and then still pick the Aura I want to use.

• Like 1
pere_grin.png