Item Discussion & Price-checking

JeRambo

Yeah for like a year, then the items kept on death stopped depending on alch prices.

Anyway I don't think that really matters, because items kept on death was changed to not rely on alch prices anymore in like April 2011, and Onyxes were given that super high alch price in like early June 2011.

When did they give Chaotics their 20m + 1gp kept on death value anyway? Looks like their items kept on death value was like 130k at the time; just Barrows body + legs would protect over that, bcp/tassets as well.

There wasn't lots of other stuff with higher on death value, like armor?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

DFS and Godswords both had high alch values.  I think barrows armor was right around 100k.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

On another note, I looked it up and corrupt dragon sq shield and plateskirt actually alch for comprable to G.E. price...free use lol.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Discuss.

2 trillion in furies, unless my math is off.

aJi8v.jpg

ac6b343d51.jpg

(posted on HLF)

I wonder what Jagex thinks about this. They're probably trying to figure out how he ever amassed all those furies. I bet they'll have a fun time with their anti-inflation efforts if this guy ever decides to cash out on all those furies. Also raises the question what the rest of his bank is like.

Inflation = price increases.

If he dumps them, the price decreases. :P

Well, he can't dump them (because the price would crash), and also dumping them would not bring new money into the game (it would merely transfer pre-existing money from people who buy his furies to him). I was thinking more along the lines of alching the furies. At best he'd be able to sell a few hundred thousand of them, and the market would be saturated. The only way to cash out the rest of those furies would be to alch them.

Has the price of furies already crashed? There's already threads up out there on RSOF and Reddit discussing the 1684K furies. Surely some people have panicked. #Bettersellfury

• Like 1

No way it's real rs3. If you think about it logically, just ignoring the massive amount of gp (which would have been over 2.5t seeing the prices of furies has fallen drastically in the last 6 months alone) there's simply no way to get that large amount of furies. It's also insanely stupid to put all that gp into furies, if it were possible.

Anyway, not going to rehash all the other arguments out there so I'll just link this thread on item discussion talking about it.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?17,18,190,65449332

[qfc]17-18-190-65449332[/qfc]

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I'm not saying he's wrong, but pretty sure he has been quoted as saying incorrect things in the past.

The consensus is also that the jmods saying it's legit are not very specific. As in how did they get that many, because it's pretty much impossible to GE that many for a variety of reasons. It's also impossible to make them all. What do they mean by legit, that could also have a few different meanings. How was it confirmed that it's legit, and what's the data to back that up.

imo, when a mod says it's legit they are intentionally being vague and not saying that it's legit beta.

Here is a post from rsof summing it all up nicely imo-

So, I was talking to Homer about this, and I want to bring up a few things I discussed with him about.

The Viability of holding/merching trills of GP:

I'm a multi-billionaire. That was made through not-very-efficient money making means back in 2010. This is 4 years later (I took a 3+ year hiatus). In the past couple months, I've made another couple hundred mill (that's about a 400% increase on my cash stores) starting from about 50m by logging in once per day and flipping stuff. That doesn't scale completely, but it does scale somewhat. There are lots of multi-billionaires. There are lots of dozens-hundreds-billionaires.

I don't own a merchanting clan, I don't price manip, I don't even flip at the optimal 4-6x/day, but I can make boatloads of money with very little effort. That is normal for post-G.E. Runescape.

The idea that there are dozens of multi-hundred billionaires and one of them is a trillionaire or multi-trillionaire is not all that shocking or surprising. I mean, if he is averaging a 1% increase in wealth per day (which is not hard in the modern era merchanting), then his wealth increases by about 14x/year.

That means that this time last year, he might have only had 200b and done very conservative merchanting.

In fact, I'd be really disappointed if that wasn't true, because there were players approaching hundreds-of-billions back before my hiatus 3+ years ago.

At my rates (3.5-5%/day or so), a compounding 3.5% return will make him 2800x more money in a year than he started.

What is surprising is the fury amulets.

1.5m fury amulets would end up being about a fury for every member in the game in the past, not including ones still on accounts or in use. That's quite a lot. Furies simply aren't that common. He would have had to find a way to generate furies to meet that number. I would have expected that the number of furies in game total would be an order of magnitude less, and he would be able to own two orders of magnitude fewer than what he does.

Granted, that was using my old notion of how common onyx/furies are. This might have changed a lot in the past few years. I mean, certainly, furies are no longer 8-12m, and as people leave the game, *potentially* there are more ways to get furies as they empty their banks. I also expect that many new monsters with new drop tables/rates and new bosses probably have had a major impact on their availability, so maybe it isn't as surprising as I imagine it is, but I remain unconvinced here.

That's still a ton of furies. Like, if I figured there are 10k players that do bosses, they'd have to generate 100 onyx each just to meet the demand from that single player.

If you know anything about how skills are trained in game, things just aren't produced that fast, and it is still worth 10x it's alch-price, meaning production can't be so saturated that his 1.6m is a small chunk of the pie (the expectation if there really were tons being produced for many years).

Similarly, they aren't even a good item to hold. For a Trillionaire holding large numbers of a relatively low value, long and short term decreasing, and low liquidity items like furies just doesn't make sense to me.

He's bleeding money on them no matter what, if he tries to sell them, low liquidity means he will trigger a crash just by introducing them to the markets, and they aren't efficient at storing wealth anyways.

Granted, they are somewhat stable in value, but commodities are too and are far more liquid/attainable. And it isn't diversified at all. Any rational player would have his storage spread out over many items to increase liquidity and stability without losing value.

And he couldn't have purchased from the G.E. without lots of help, because he'd only be able to buy 100/4 hours for 7.3 years to obtain that many, effectively becoming the entire fury market for most of a decade.

to add to that, the above quote did not consider the fact that IF he bought them all on ge then he lost ALOT of gp. They were 3m ea just a couple months ago, and 4-5m ea prior to that. cya 3t right there.

The whole thing just isn't viable.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Inb4 it comes out he discovered an item dupe bug.

That is, honestly, the most logical explanation for this if it is in fact a legit picture.

Though, having possession of such powerful knowledge and "showing off" by posting a picture would be exceptionally daft. Some people just can't help themselves though.

4NIrZ.png

Jagex...  :rolleyes:

aJL1V.jpg

dw guis is rel

5244215c6d.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I still refuse to believe there was no bug abuse involved.

Jagex mods are far from infallible. As far as "they" know there was no bug abuse, but that doesn't mean it is so.

Why would someone waste such an exorbitant amount of money on such a mundane item? They could have cornered a rare market with that amount of wealth instead.

4NIrZ.png

Inflation = price increases.

If he dumps them, the price decreases. :P

Well, he can't dump them (because the price would crash), and also dumping them would not bring new money into the game (it would merely transfer pre-existing money from people who buy his furies to him). I was thinking more along the lines of alching the furies. At best he'd be able to sell a few hundred thousand of them, and the market would be saturated. The only way to cash out the rest of those furies would be to alch them.

Has the price of furies already crashed? There's already threads up out there on RSOF and Reddit discussing the 1684K furies. Surely some people have panicked. #Bettersellfury

Oh yeah, good point.

When you said "cash out on those furies" I assumed you meant selling them on the G.E. (like Archers rings), since alching 1684k furies would take forever.

Alching this many furies would probably be kinda fun, though, getting +121k in your money pouch every alch and what not.

ok but can we ask some real jmods instead of the runezone trio

anyone know jacmob?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Here are all of the ways that onyxes can be obtained:

Purchasing from the shop in TzHaar city for 2.7m tokkul (1 onyx in stock at a time)

Beating the fight kiln

Using a gem-finding scrimshaw

Looting a kingly impling jar

Rare drops from Araxxor and Kalgerion demons and the fight cauldron

76k-ing

All of these sources would need to combine for an average of 500-520 onyxes per day since 2005 in order for there to be 1,684,000 onyxes in the game, so I think it's certainly plausible for that many furies to be in the game.

If you also consider that almost every high-level player has permanently sold a fury some time in the last 2 years, it makes it possible for a lot of furies to be on the market. It would be difficult for that to account for 1.6m onyxes, though.

If you also consider that almost every high-level player has permanently sold a fury some time in the last 2 years, it makes it possible for a lot of furies to be on the market. It would be difficult for that to account for 1.6m onyxes, though.

Were furies also available as PvP drops back when 76k was a thing?

Im pretty certain they were, especially if the enemy had one (100% ep allowed greater chance of obtaining am item the enemy was risking iirc)

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I'm 100% certain they were, got a couple as a drop myself.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Im pretty certain they were, especially if the enemy had one (100% ep allowed greater chance of obtaining am item the enemy was risking iirc)

If that's true, then there probably wouldn't be a net increase in the number of furies in the game, but I went ahead and added it to the list anyway.