Returning player - Question about gear and ranged training

DingoAte

Weapons:

Dual drygores(~100m for a pair) > dual chaotic claws > other chaotics

Dual ascension crossbows(200m each) > Royal crossbow/dual chaotic crossbows/Zaryte bow

Dual seismic(1,6b+ for a pair) > dual Virtus(120m+) > dual Abyssal(<10m) > chaotic staff

Armor

T90 armors(Malevolent* for melee, sirenic for range, tectonic for mage) for serious pvm - Vorago, Return of the Six

*malevolent might not be as useful as the other two

Nex sets(Torva, Pernix, Virtus) for a bit less serious pvm

GWD sets(Bandos, Armadyl, Subjugation) for Slayer and casual monsterhunting

---------------

For range training i think chinning creatures in the Abyss is the fastest exp now.

If you need GP, you could go with Rorarii(sing. Rorarius) in the Ascension dungeon north of western Oo'glog entrance/lodestone.

If you need charms, Waterfiends are a good choice.

• Like 1

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Fury is good, but Saradomin Whisper, Saradomin Murmer, and Arcane Stream are slightly better for melee, ranged, and mage respectively. However, if you are tight on cash, fury is still a very good option. As for gloves/boots, get Bandos, Aramadyl, or Subjugation gloves/boots. The berserker ring is the inferior ring now, so you'll just want a warrior, seers, and archer rings until you can get a Sixth Age Circuit. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Great answer, thanks gago!

What about other equipment? Like is fury, barrow gloves, and zerker ring still ideal? Ranger boots and archer ring for ranged?

Armor is now broken down into all/hybrid, tank, and power armor. No armors give accuracy boosts and most of the ones that did pre eoc are now tank armor and fairly useless (such as the ranger boots). Some pieces give crit bonus which is helpful for dps, the archer ring (i) is the best in slot ring for range crit for example. Fury is hybrid and gives crit for all 3 styles which is only really useful at DK's tribrid and TD's hybrid, and even then some will opt for more crit from the extra switch with the best in slot necklaces. 

A good bet would be to go for the GWD sets (arma, subjugation, and bandos) as they are the highest level power armor that doesn't degrade and for general pvm are more than adequate. For weapons anything that is level 70 you'll want to stick to using that style the monster you're fighting is weak against. At level 80 gear you can ignore most weaknesses except for high level monsters (such as zil who is weak to magic) and specific weaknesses (gano creatures have to be maged, ascension has to be ranged). At level 90 gear you can ignore all weaknesses except for gano and ascension.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword