Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

I really thought the Tower of Voices was some sacred centre which housed the Grand Library and was where the elven clans communed with Seren.

Suddenly it's a massive hub for commerce and travelling to other parts of the globe???? Ok

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

A bit too central hub, almost.

I fear this might induce a lotus-eater-like trance on most players. Literally no reason of ever having to leave elf city. Which will desert a good deal of main game, which can't be good.

Remind me again why I leave the G.E except to go DG/Ports/Farm run/Slay?

Those 4 tasks will also require leaving the elf city.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I fear this might induce a lotus-eater-like trance on most players. Literally no reason of ever having to leave elf city. Which will desert a good deal of main game, which can't be good.

there are like 20 skills you gotta leave the ge to train

so, they just want to fill the area with largely unnecessary features to show how great the elves are at doing everything we already do, because they have some sort of complex

"nuh uhhhhh we did it first cause you suuuuuck"

There are like a million Eight-Bit Theatre strips I could post here

• Like 1

Elf City has portals to DG, sinkholes and ports and it also has a slayer master and high-level farming patches.

The moving is almost token with portals.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I still have to go to Daemonheim to train DG. The portal is just like the ship at Al-Kharid. Another means of getting there, one that likely won't be used all too often, but is there nontheless. I still have to actually go to Daemonheim to train DG. How's that any different from now other than having an additional teleport method?

Sinkholes - the same. With the exception of teleporting from the guy at DG to the sinkhole. Are people crowding around that guy 24/7 or only when a sinkhole is about to occur?

A Slayer Master - I still have to leave for my actual Slayer TASKS though. Do you see people standing near Kuradel for hours a day or am I missing something? Kuradel isn't exactly a social hub.

A few farm patches? Last I checked there are other farm patches to attend to and they require leaving the city. With the exception of a few alchers I don't exactly see those as social hubs either.

• Like 1

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

while it is stupid that the elves have access to a lot of things, it is also canon that they have basically been hiding in our cupboards just sort of stalking everybody, so they would need a reliable means of getting around without drawing too much attention

(gonna have to go to seers and get me a restraining order)

isn't there a ghost lady that yells at you if you stand too long near your farm patch

8f14270694.jpg

while it is stupid that the elves have access to a lot of things, it is also canon that they have basically been hiding in our cupboards just sort of stalking everybody, so they would need a reliable means of getting around without drawing too much attention

(gonna have to go to seers and get me a restraining order)

isn't there a ghost lady that yells at you if you stand too long near your farm patch

with the next elf quest i wouldnt be too suprised to see them draw from a lot of different elven fantasy lore. If you consider how many different types of elves there are they could have hidden using the fairy rings and gone to hide in the enchanted valley (baxtorians clan maybe?). You could have 'night' or 'shadow' elves that went to the shadow realm (queu sirens relation to zaros). Other clans could be hiding in hidden groves or a resource dungeon even. Then we obviously have the lletya elves and they are probably a clan themselves. Thats a good majority of the elves covered.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

There has now been a fight over the Grace Period with the new Shattered Hearts on HLF ="3.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well, the fight started in the offices of Jagex first :P

True.

By the way guys, I think I am leaking this link to outside of the HLF. Hopefully people will be voting to keep the trim cape/

http://strawpoll.me/1701458

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Fighting is over. Trim comp lost at release has been declared the winner.

Source: https://twitter.com/JagexOsborne/status/467323963933462528

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

why are people voting for more teleports as a task reward? shouldn't we just get those by default seeing as we have a ring that does that in the tzhaar area and a medallion that does that in the morytania area, and both of them were free

8f14270694.jpg

Fighting is over. Trim comp lost at release has been declared the winner.

Source: https://twitter.com/JagexOsborne/status/467323963933462528

We had the whole weekend >.>

Account Help

Possible living Naragi? 

In the elf city podcast, Osborne said that one elf clan isn't purely elves. We have a Naragi title and the blue owl cape looks like a Naragi face...

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Possible living Naragi? 

In the elf city podcast, Osborne said that one elf clan isn't purely elves. We have a Naragi title and the blue owl cape looks like a Naragi face...

I doubt that personally.

Iorweth are the 'evil' not all elf guys with their 'dark lord' and that just doesn't seem to fit with anything we know of Naragi imo.

I'd more expect that there is some other species from the elven home world that they are mixed-race with.

The Mahsarect or Chelon Mah seem possibilities too in my book - the violent side plus its not beyond possible Seren took some with her when she left Frenskae.

I'd think the Naragi thing would more likely tie into the the lore crystals, specifically the Seren + Guthix portion and maybe, just maybe, the statue that comes back to life after 32 rounds is a naragi - possibly the mortal child of Guthix and Seren.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Removing trim for everyone for 7 months, and there is nothing you can do to get it faster. So retarded. The people that want this probably think this makes the game harder and more hardcore. Yeeeeee Moreno, you're so hardcore man!! Djeeez

Trim is a novel piece anyway, with literally no gameplay penalty for its removal.

Who [bleep]ing cares?

That being said, another Shattered Heart is stupid. Was it ever even that liked? It forces you to go out of your way to grind a while each week to satisfy some arbritary skill quota.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]