Clearing cookies defaults RS language to Spanish

Saru Inc

Hello! 

I have an issue which has plagued me for the longest time, ever since I set my Runescape.com language to Spanish to see how much I could understand (not much!).

EDIT: I set it to Spanish using the dropdown box at the bottom of the main page, I then switched it back to English about about 1 minute.

Now, every time I clean out my cookies (using CCleaner), in Chrome, it will load up www.Runescape.com in Spanish. I can always set it to English, but it's still perplexing. 

What is weirder, is that using SwiftKit with a Chrome Extension, loads in English. (Well, weird to me - may make perfect sense to reader).

Note: Not sure if this matters, but I'm referring to the main website, in game of course, the text doesn't change.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Edited by Saru_Inc

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Are you just clearing cookies or clearing all of the internet cache?

If the former I'd expect there is something lurking in the temp files that is telling it to load in spanish, which the cookie was overriding.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks for the swift response!

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines as well. I just played around with the program I use to clean all my cookies/temp files/cache at once, and I set it to not touch anything having to do with Runescape.com etc, and it still reset to Spanish.Scanned through the cache/cookies/logs/etc files deleted and nothing mentions the Runescape domain.

In the interim I did update my bookmark from www.runescape.com/community to www.runescape.com/community?set_lang=0 which loads in English automatically.

It's really more perplexing then anything.

Thanks again. I appreciate the reply.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• 3 weeks later...