Introductory Glacor Guide (WIP) -Fails@RS

tgf

This is a work in progress, I migrated this half-guide from my blog to here because Zach (Lucld) was asking me how to do glacors. I am actually unsure if I will ever finish this guide lol. If I forgot anything, let me know, I wrote the initial draft of this roughly 3.5 months ago and haven't really modified it much.

NOTE: This guide is intended for beginner to intermediate level glacor killing. It is intended to show you the methods that strike a balance between efficiency and ease of killing.

Seismic and Tectonic will be assumed to not exist, as you likely do not need a guide if you have such things. 

There are more efficient ways to do glacors, but I feel this method is the most balanced.

I decided to make this guide because I see other people at Glacors all the time, and what i see makes me sad. I've seen everything, from melee momentum (i still dont even know) to killing enduring last, to people going for 200m mage letting unstable explode (the horror). Hopefully, this guide will get you to at least 115 (all T80 equipment), 110 (T80 weapon + T70 armor), or 100 (<T80 weapon) kph. If anyone finds a more efficient easy lure, please tell me (I do realize that runthrough lures waste between 1 and 2 ticks)

* Also at least 80 with drygores

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction

2. Requirements

3. Setup

4. Glacor Killing (basic)

5. Glacor Killing (luring/pathing)

6. Rewards

7. Video

8. Other Tips and Tricks

9. Meleeing Glacors (Yes this is a thing)

1. Introduction: 

Hah you thought this was an introduction on Glacors but nope it's an introduction about me.

Anyways, I am Tim. RSN Fails@RS, currently Mishtake (It was a mistake). I obtained about ~120M-ish of my magic experience at Glacors, and I know them pretty well. I am 200M magic now, and I really only go back there when I have extra enlightenment time or someone wants help on how to kill them. If you ever want some guidance on glacor killing, send me a PM and I can help. Maybe.

JK theres a glacor intro after all.

Glacors are level 160 elemental monsters available to kill after the completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

While glacors are not the best monster to kill for money, for anyone wanting either magic, defense, or to a lesser extent summoning experience, Glacors are likely your best bet.

Glacors offer between 600-800k magic/defense experience per hour, charms roughly equivalent to 90-120k summoning xp/hr, as well as roughly 5M profit per hour(This is probably no longer true, this was written a long time ago). However, they do not not drop summoning spirit gems.

Glacors are accessible through the fairy ring system, with the code D-K-Q. The easiest way to get to Glacors is lodestone teleport to Edgeville, then using the fairy ring to get to the Glacor cave. 

2. Requirements: 

This guide will have some things as a strict requirement, which will be marked in red. Otherwise, the optimal choice will be in green.

Ritual of the Mahjarrat

One of a Kind

Charming Imp

Torment (95 Prayer) > Soul Split (92 Prayer)

99 Magic > 80 Magic > 70 Magic

99 Defense > 80 Defense > 70 Defense 

Virtus Wand+Book > Chaotic Staff > Abyssal Wand+Orb > Armadyl Battlestaff > Staff of Light > Treachery+Book

*Extreme Magic Potion (92 Herblore) > Overload (96 Herblore) > Super Magic Potion

SGS Legendary Pet ~ Clan Avatar ~ Smoke/Ice Nihil > Pack Yak (96 Summoning) > Any other Familiar

* If you do not already have overloads made and do not value herblore experience, it is not optimal to spend time making them for Glacors. You do not get enough of an exp boost from using overloads to account for the time needed to make an overload.

3. Setup:

Inventory/Equipment:

p4bfw03.jpg

This inventory allows for a 40 minute trip, with a SGS pet or an avatar. If you are instead using a yak, bring enough magic potions/renewals for 1 hour, and fill the pack yak with prayer potions.

Runes for spell. 

Charming imp

If penance:

2 Super magic potion (4)

2 Prayer renewal potion (4)

9 Prayer potion (4)

If no penance: 

2 Super magic potion (4)

2 Prayer renewal potion (4)

15 Prayer potion (4)

Placeholder for shard, blue charm, crimson charm

Weapon:

Virtus wand > Chaotic staff > Abyssal wand > Armadyl battlestaff> Staff of light > Treachery

If you have seismics you do not need this guide.

Staves are not as terrible as most would think. However, using a staff punishes mistakes much more than if you are using dual wield. 

Spell:

Blood Barrage > Blood Burst > Fire Surge*

Blood burst is equivalent to Blood barrage if you use Abyssal wand or Treachery.

Armor:

Virtus > Subjugation > Void mage > Skeletal >> Seasinger

Always. Power. Armor. Do not use seasinger under any circumstances. If you have no other magic gear, buy a set of skeletal (Level 50 power armor)

Cape:

Completionist > God > Max > Skillcape > Reefwalker

Prioritize critical hit chance. Do not use reefwalker as degradation is bad. Also it has bad critical stats.

Ring:

Seers(i) > Onyx(i) > 6AC > Wealth?? > Leviathan 

Again, prioritize critical. However, on a personal note, I used wealth for 110M+ xp at Glacors.

Necklace:

Dragon Rider > Arcane Stream > Hiss > Fury > Glory 

The 10% damage boost to dragon breath and the chance to combust on the dragon rider necklace makes it the best choice.

Aura:

Wisdom > Inspiration > Equilibrium > Penance > Vampyrism

Explanation to be written in future. Prioritize experience, then kill speed, then kill ease.

Pocket:

Elements* >>> Magic >>>>>> everything else

*These things are very expensive.

Familiar:

SGS Legendary Pet ~ Avatar > Smoke/Ice Nihil >> Yak > Bunyip=Unicorn

If you are thinking of picking up items, having the legendary pet is very very useful. While you can losslessly loot things, why expend more effort than you need to? Otherwise, try to use clan avatar. If that is unavailable, use a yak, and if all else fails, a unicorn/yip.

4. Glacor Killing (Basic):

What is a Glacor:

Glacors have 30000 HP each, and have an unique mechanic to make killing them slightly less straightforward. There are 3 phases to a kill:

1. Initial Phase: (15000 HP)

The glacor attacks with magic and ranged basic attacks, with a special attack that looks like spikes going towards you. If you remain standing at the same spot, this special attack will hit you for 50% of your current HP. This attack can not kill you. Furthermore, the magic attacks of the glacor have the ability to temporarily bind you in place. This is not a stun, but a root. 

2. Glacyte Phase: (3x 4250 HP)

Upon reaching 15000 HP, the glacor will become invulnerable and summon 3 glacytes, which attack with weak melee attacks. These are the unstable (light red), enduring (light blue), and sapping (blue). All three of these must be killed before you can damage the glacor again. During this period, the glacor will continue to attack you as in phase 1, retaining the special attacks. 

Unstable: Has "adrenaline" bar. When this fills up, the glacyte will explode after 2.4 seconds, decreasing its HP by 95% and dealing 33% of your current HP if you are standing adjacent to the glacyte. If not killed in 6 seconds, the glacyte will slowly begin to regenerate health and build up adrenaline to explode again. 

Enduring: Takes less damage the closer you are to the glacor. Takes full damage 12 squares away from the glacor.

Sapping: Drains 10 prayer points every time it attacks you.

3. Final Phase: (15000 HP)

The glacor will gain a buff that depends on the last glacyte killed. Aside from this, the glacor is identical to phase 1, with the same attacks.

If Unstable is killed last: The glacor will build up "adrenaline" and explode at the end, dealing 50% of its current health to itself and 66% of your current HP if you are standing within 2 squares of the glacor. If not killed in 6 seconds, the glacor will regenerate health and repeat the exploding process.

If Enduring is killed last: The glacor will take 1/3 as much damage as it normally would. (I don't know this exact number, this has happened less than 10 times total in over 20000 kills.)

If Sapping is killed last: The glacor will drain 10% of your current prayer every attack. 

How to kill Glacors (Basic):

NEVER kill the enduring glacyte last. This will make your kills so slow it is not even funny. 

NEVER let the unstable glacyte explode. This makes you get <100 experience from the unstable glacyte instead of 991.2. If you are unable to kill unstable quickly enough, kill it before enduring if necessary.

Do not prioritize either sapping or unstable over the other. In the following section, luring will be explained so that you should be killing sapping and unstable at the same time. 

Ability bar:

rY1pfN2.jpg

O4TTj2U.jpg

This spot is the easiest one to use for casual players. 

When killing the north, east, and west spawns, stand on the square in the picture

For the south spawn, stand 1 square west of the square in the picture.

*This is not the optimal spot to use, for that, there is a better one that only works on high-spawn because you only have 3 spawns. 

Combust should be used solely for initial hit on enduring.

Impact used as "fixer" whenever you mess up (usually for finishing off glacytes alive after breath)

If you mess up and kill enduring last, use the hentai tentacles to do more damage to the glacor. Otherwise, hentai tentacles aren't much use.

Sacrifice should be used if asphyxiate-wrack does not finish off Glacor.

Start off the trip by attacking the south spawn, standing 1 west of the tile stood on in the above picture. Use concentrated blast, then wild magic, then whatever else is needed to bring the glacor to 15000 hp. (Stick to wrack and concentrated). When the glacytes spawn, target enduring (should autoattack barrage if timed correctly) and combust, move 1 north for distance, chain, 1 north for lure, then concentrated blast to kill the enduring glacyte. Switch target to the unstable glacyte which will now be in front of the sapping, and use dragon breath. This should finish off all the glacytes. If both are still alive, autoattack barrage until one is dead, then use impact on the remaining glacyte. Finish the kill with asphyxiate-wrack-sacrifice.

Insert diagram.

Next attack the north spawn, starting wherever you end up from south spawn with concentrated blast. Move immediately after 2nd hit of concentrated blast to the tile in the picture or any tile directly south of it, while staying in range. Then wild magic-wrack. When the glacytes spawn, target the enduring glacyte, combust, chain, move south however many you want, then concentrated blast to kill off the enduring glacyte. Switch target to unstable glacyte, which will be in front of sapping, and use dragon breath. Repeat the method stated above if glacytes aren't dead. Finish with asphyxiate-wrack, if the glacor dies too fast override asphyxiate with a basic to get back to >93%adrenaline.

Insert diagram.

Move to attacking the east spawn. Move to the starting tile, start with wrack or concentrated blast. Immediately use sunshine when you hit 100% adrenaline, and then use wrack-impact-wrack. When the glacytes spawn, target the enduring, combust, chain, move 3 steps north, and then use concentrated blast to kill the enduring. Switch targets to the unstable glacyte which is in front of the sapping glacyte, then use dragon breath. Moving back to start tile is optional, as you are on the correct side anyways, and asphyxiate the glacor. If this leaves you with <48% adrenaline override asphyxiate early to get back to >=48%.

Insert diagram.

East spawn > west spawn, stay on any tile from the start tile to 3 north of start tile (So you are still in sunshine). auto-wild magic on glacor, optional wrack. As glacytes spawn, move back to start tile. combust on enduring, run east arbitrary number of tiles, then chain (try not to chain after running 4 east, as this aggros the south spawn). conc, then dragonbreath sapping in front of unstable. Finish kill as usual, then move to 1 west of start tile and repeat from south spawn. 

Insert diagram.

This is not optimal as you sunshine every 4 glacors when for max efficiency you should be ulting every 3 glacors. However, that spot is harder to describe, and requires more walking around. It is not feasible to use sunshine every 2 glacors because you kill them too quickly.

You should aim for 3 full cycles per dose. (12 kills) Generally you won't get this, 11-11.5 is more typical, but since I don't pot in the middle of a kill and the final kill of the dose is the sunshine start one anyways, pot every 3 cycles.

5. Glacor Luring and Pathing:

The purpose of this section is to detail how to lure glacytes so that you have sapping and unstable glacytes lined up. This allows you to use dragon breath on 2 glacytes at the same time. 

Easiest 3 lures (and only 3 you should ever need if you have legendary pet)

I swear there used to be a picture of this...

6. Glacor Killing (Advanced):

This is way too much work to write. Likely will never be written.

7. Rewards:

YHUF0Km.jpg

Glacors have many good drops:

Shards of Armadyl (100 used to make armadyl battlestaff, which sells for 13-14M) Droprate is estimated at 1/10

Steadfast, Glaiven, Ragefire boots (~19M, ~9M, ~8M). Droprate is roughly 1/450 for any boots, then one is randomly chosen.

Rune items, water talismans, blue dragonhide, other noted items.

Blue and Crimson charms (3 at a time).

8. Video:

New video that isnt laggy soon, this is very old and is actually pretty bad now that I look back on it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSeGGqV9Fo

9. Other Tips and Tricks:

Something

10. Meleeing Glacors:

This is actually a thing. Testing has yet to be fully completed, but a quick initial test yielded between 400k and 500k melee xp per hour. 

Drygores, Torva, crit scrimshaw.

Ability rotation tbd. Currently seems to be 

slice-backhand-destroy-sever

glacytes

slaughter, run, flurry, whatever needed to kill rest of glacytes

surge forward

slice-backhand-assault.

Run to next glacor.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

"if you have seismics you do not need this guide"

um im a quest noob i've never killed a glacor

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting