01-Jul-2014 - Pest Control - Improved Rewards

I really dont like the removal of the functionality of queueing.. Really slows down the way the game feels :\

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Maybe, but that doesn't mean we had to keep that.

They should have actually fixed what caused fast queuing to fire abilitues off early instead of giving us an half-assed fix that breaks nearly everyone's flow.

Now you don't have much choice but to leave queuing off to fight properly, which means back to pre-Feb 2014 where you had to either have exact timing or press the ability's key 2-3 times as its cooldown ends.

Maybe, but that doesn't mean we had to keep that.

They should have actually fixed what caused fast queuing to fire abilitues off early instead of giving us an half-assed fix that breaks nearly everyone's flow.

Now you don't have much choice but to leave queuing off to fight properly, which means back to pre-Feb 2014 where you had to either have exact timing or press the ability's key 2-3 times as its cooldown ends.

Agreed so much :\

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mod Dean said on stream that we might get queuing back

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Is there any cosmetic difference for applying the patches to the armor?

Sadly No. There was a mod response to this on the Runescape Forums. They said something like: Think of the patches as something stitched on the inside of the armor so it is not meant to be visible.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Was there any reason for removing it?

Maybe the fact that the whole game's combat system was balanced around a 1.8s global cooldown? :P
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well, that global countdown is making monsters like Airut a real pain in the ass, it takes me about 5 ticks to activate flurry.

Often Revolution even ignores my thresholds and just does the next basic, then another three ticks, THEN the threshold. <.< Oh, and actions like eating are impossible to do in that interval, it seems to be queued behind the threshold.

Full manual is life full manual is love

yuuuuuuuusssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: except on 80% of slayer tasks that require revolution to not be so involving.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Was there any reason for removing it?
You're basically asking "Was there any reason for removing [insert glitch there]?"

It sounds more like they accidentally removed the glitch in the process of nerfing everything else, though.

Is there any cosmetic difference for applying the patches to the armor?

Sadly No. There was a mod response to this on the Runescape Forums. They said something like: Think of the patches as something stitched on the inside of the armor so it is not meant to be visible.

Absolutely no reason for me to bother then -.-

I really like the look of Elite Executioner Void, but can't think of a single practical use even with the tiny upgrade from patches.

The only place I actually use it is in Pest Control itself!

Even if there was just a small visible difference I might have been incentivized to to upgrade it to have the Elite"est" Void, lol...

2dgucz6.png

I think void makes a nice example of the trouble with hybrid gear in eoc and Jagex's failings at really getting what players want in terms of upgrade.

First it was one of the best armour sets for many things in game became utter garbage by being branded 'hybrid' - it's utterly stupid that hybrid armour is SO bad for its level just because 'oh you can hybrid with it' when half the point they up sold about eoc was dual wield hybriding (though of course this sucks for many other reasons beyond hybrid being useless)

Then it slides further into the oblivion by the arrival of warpriest, a new top dog of hybrid that is actually high enough to have some iota of use left in it.

Finaly they respond to calls for void to be upgraded and get people back into pc by 'upgrading' void from a dung heap of junk to look we sprayed it off with the hose a little bit, I'm sure its fine... status.

If they really wanted to upgrade void they should've put a good level buffer between elite and plain void for starters - like say 50s-60s instead of 42 identical to plain. Then the upgrading patches could've pushed elite up to be a contender for warpriest

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The fact 'all' and 'hybrid' both even exist is a mess. What purpose does it server other than subdividing useless supposed to be for mixed style armour into 2 separate groups of broke in slightly different ways?

All class only really truly makes sense as a category for amulets and rings and maybe at a push capes aka the accessory items that can work with all classes and aren't really about hybridding - but even then its not strictly needed you could just as easily intdentify them by making them hybrid or just leaving off a class altogether.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've never actually understood if there was a difference between All and Hybrid. I agree that there doesn't seem to be any reason for both terms to exist.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I used to think hybrid worked differently than all until I've made comparisons with barrows gloves and warpriest gloves recently and found they were actually behaving pretty much the same way.