01-Jul-2014 - Pest Control - Improved Rewards

Void's going to be pretty brutal in legacy when HP bonuses are removed from most armour though. I could see it being extremely valuable at top-end bosses for DPS when you have that +10% accuracy boost and a +5% damage boost.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Would someone be able to math for me?

How many points are needed for the best void items?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Would someone be able to math for me?

How many points are needed for the best void items?

Assuming veteran boat: 700 wins.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Void's going to be pretty brutal in legacy when HP bonuses are removed from most armour though. I could see it being extremely valuable at top-end bosses for DPS when you have that +10% accuracy boost and a +5% damage boost.

That's the boost in live though, right? It's effect is boosted on beta, but I never heard any figures/testing for it.

That's the boost in live though, right? It's effect is boosted on beta, but I never heard any figures/testing for it.

The effect is different on beta? I thought all they did was add some PVP-soak to it, but kept the accuracy/damage boosts the same.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an year old thread. Sorry in advance.

Was wondering for a long time why the money reward was removed and this was the first place which had the patch notes I was looking for.

Was funny to read that no one remembered the deflector untill the 4th page. Another thing was that void armour never was a defence armour, as Saradomin_Mage mentioned I remember also that it used to be 10% extra accuracy & 5% extra damage, or vice versa.

After searching answers from different places it seems that the void armour had too much defensive stats, which was one of the reasons they had to revamp the defence stats on gear. I also found out that the bonus on void is terrible: 1% & 3% normal, 3% & 5% elite. No idea of superior elite.

The thing is that the void armour isn't good anymore imo. Defense stats, well those never really mattered since this was more of an offensive armour, which sacrificed armour for more damage, but they ruined that too. Another thing about this set is that I don't see how this could be of use anymore. Since already around level 70s there's gear that surpasses it in damage & armour. So I guess this is for lower level players nowadays, tormented demons used to be my use for them, but it doesn't seem to work well at all, especially when protection prayers were nerfed by 50%.

Though I still use it in PC for nostalgic reasons. It's a lot easier than before, but I die much more often than before lol. Still a fun minigame at least! :)

The current defense stats feel like nonsense to me. The fact that you actually have a penalty from almost every item except hybrid or all round have the huge disadvantage by performing terribly when the opponent focuses on 1 attack style only.

But then again, EoC players don't have the same disadvantage as Legacy when we both wear the same stuff, main difference is that the other one deals a lot more damage on the opponent's armour. Can't really see much of point in armour which can't even protect you equally.

Another thing is the hit chance & AoE differences. But I guess you already know all this.

My guess is that JaGex tried to make Legacy more appealing so we weren't forced to play with EoC or that revolution hulabalooza. Problem is that they messed it all by actually changing too many things. They stated that EoC was not going to be nerfed because of the older combat system. But that doesn't mean they can't boost the Legacy mode for example to make it more competitive or atleast closer so we could also have full access to all content.

Last but not least: attack types which are restricted to 1 type, when before some weapons could use even 3 different types (which was logical for god's sakes). This makes pest control & lot's of other things a bit annoying.

I find it hilarious that Korasi's sword is listed as stabbing, when the animation clearly looks like a slashing move. It has a hook-like tip, but pulling the sword towards you, just to hit the enemy with the tip isn't stabbing imo.

Ridiculous combat, ever since EoC came, but people seem to enjoy it (atleast most I presume). So no need to think twice what's the best comercial decision from them. Just got to live with it I guess, on a sidenote the Pest Control is missing some things, will info about this on another section later.

Again sorry for necroing, but this really was a spike in my spine. Good day to you all.

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

Void is not completely useless because defense doesn't matter in typeless damage or if you're in a DPS role where every bit of accuracy/damage you can dish out counts favorably.

Ironically, cross-class combat was precisely the thing that players, and in particular F2P, wanted changed before EoC. If you were a mage you had nothing reasonable to wear for melee defense and would get slashed to pieces the moment someone in melee came within range.

Legacy was sort of a difficult pickle for them. They begrudgingly made it as an alternative to EoC to emulate the old combat system. Unfortunately, this was already after a couple years of designing everything specifically around EoC to challenge people and force them to take full advantage of those tactics to be successful in quests and other endeavors. For example, Legacy does not have a way, bar a couple weapon specials, to break or prevent a stun/bind/DPS attack. They could retroactively go back and try to make all those boss fights and such doable/compatible with Legacy, but they've said that they do not wish to do so. At least for now...

(And don't forget, there have been subsequent tweaks since ~15 months ago, when this was first posted...)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Void is not completely useless because defense doesn't matter in typeless damage or if you're in a DPS role where every bit of accuracy/damage you can dish out counts favorably.

Ironically, cross-class combat was precisely the thing that players, and in particular F2P, wanted changed before EoC. If you were a mage you had nothing reasonable to wear for melee defense and would get slashed to pieces the moment someone in melee came within range.

Legacy was sort of a difficult pickle for them. They begrudgingly made it as an alternative to EoC to emulate the old combat system. Unfortunately, this was already after a couple years of designing everything specifically around EoC to challenge people and force them to take full advantage of those tactics to be successful in quests and other endeavors. For example, Legacy does not have a way, bar a couple weapon specials, to break or prevent a stun/bind/DPS attack. They could retroactively go back and try to make all those boss fights and such doable/compatible with Legacy, but they've said that they do not wish to do so. At least for now...

(And don't forget, there have been subsequent tweaks since ~15 months ago, when this was first posted...)

(I don't know how to quote separetely :7)

Yeah it's good when you aren't the one taking damage, or you don't have to worry about dying. Which is why PC offers a good opportunity for it to shine. Haven't thought of any other uses except some easy bosses with a team mate. I remember using void for Jad and it worked perfectly, till I lagged out... Not sure about the tweaks part.

In Pre-EoC mages had fairly strong damage, but sacrificed defense in F2P. Their biggest advantage was to keep the enemy out of range, by using snares/binds/entangles or running through obstacles to put the melee stuck in place. Unlike mage's cloths; melee users had a significant penalty to magic when wearing plate armour, it was often better to use dragon hide, but that often lead to hybrid battles. Mages were basically the only ones who could stop enemy's movement for a very long time. I think that's a really big benefit against a melee who tries to escape or charge towards you. Ancient ice spells were incredible at this! I still remember those mages who massacred lot's of people in Soulwars by a bridge's choke-spot using ice barrage! :D

But now it seems completely different. They fire breath like dragons, hitting farther away than the graphical animation suggests and it's AoE damage. They use less runes and are able to blink several tiles forward, easily making a surprise attack if performed well and they don't seem to be scared of avoiding the enemy like before, it's almost as if they wanted to melee the enemy while grilling their face or wetting their pants. Also they still are the only ones who can at least teleport block I think? That's another big advantage in Wilderness at least.

Anyhow I stopped thinking about PvPing against EoCers.  Realized too many advantages on their side for me to even bother. Maybe in the future they bother boosting Legacy, but for now I'll be a pacifist. :pray:  O:)

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

Anyone can use teleblock if they have the runes and the requirement (85 Magic), but I'm not sure if your armor/their armor makes an impact on the chance of success. Logically it would just be fired as a normal magic spell but who knows :rolleyes:. You could always try Legacy PKing...and fight with the other two people there. =/

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Teleblock (like the curse spells, and snares)  can be cast with any weapon, but go from magic accuracy to hit. So if you try to TB with a sword, you aren't going to be very accurate

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum