Fightcave

razmadazzle

Is it true that since EoC, the fightcave has become easier? I ask because i still have to get my cape, and im mainly focussed on Melee (99 Att/Str) My ranging lvl is 76 and Magic is 84, so i really want to do it as Melee. Is this possible? My gear is :

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Mighty Slayer helmet

Bandos Boots

Sixth Age ring

Skillcape (t)

''Barrow'' Gloves (from Recipe for Disaster)

Chaotic Rapier and Enhanced Excaliber (Also got a Bandos Godsword)

Fury

At any case, should i wait for a tzhaar Slayer task?

Fight caves can be done as melee, but melee is kinda 'pro' mode because you subject yourself to all 3 of Jad's attacks and his melee one is harder to spot and prayer switch for.

Equally it comes at a detriment as most of the mobs in fight caves are weak to water magic, making magic a clear advantage to use.

Also in eoc in general being in the mindset of being "mainly focussed" to any one corner of the combat triangle is a fools errand. The entire system is built around re-enforcing the triangle and having tangible benefits to using all 3 styles in the right places. About the only time you can legitimately ignore styles and focus in on 1 alone is once you are rocking t90 weapons and have pretty much maxed stats so you can obliterate near everything regardless of weaknesses.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has a different method, but I think almost all can agree that the first 62 waves have almost become a joke since EOC. 

Don't feel bad.  I'm maxed combat, almost 47M Slayer XP, and I have yet to get a fire cape. 

Ideally Ice Barrage would be best as you would have a chance to make quick work of the healers while still DPSing on Jad.  At your level I could imagine just using Chain would have a similar effect. 

I've been trying ranged myself, personally.  I've been saving up for Ascensions, I have the main and now working on saving for the off-hand.  I have terrible lag and I suck at switches so inevitably I'm going to mess up a number of times.  I figured with Ascension x-bows I can DPS him down fast enough to minimize how many switches I have to suffer through.

Im doing it right now, as i got a slayer task in tzhaar. ! question though, sometimes on accident, i had Prayer (for example) and inventory open next to eachother, so both open at the same time. How can i reproduce this? Would be quite handy.

Unlock interfaces and drag them where you want em; you could have every single possible menu open in a seperate box if you really wanted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Try to finish the quest for the Obsidian armor .. That damage reduction (45% if not shield) makes the fight even a bigger joke ...

cannot state enough how much easier this armour makes the caves, you can take multiple hits for jad before death, 3 i think. Try and use abilities to heal until jad if you dont have ss, vampyrism aura can help with this if needs be. If you put the prayers on ability bar and use the keys to switch then just take you time concentrating on prayers till youre happy and have pulled the healers away, no need to rush and panic after spending all that time getting there.

baileydafrog.png

Not exactly.

There is a cauldron which spawns 1-3 monsters and you have to avoid some lava (if you've fought the Butcher in Diablo 3 it's pretty much the same) It's quite easy because the bank is literally next to the cauldron. I think it took me 30 minutes to gather enough shards to make all the armor parts + the helmet.

The other minigame is for the upgraded version of the lava cape.

Aight. Gotta do that quest sometime soon :P

Got my cape now, after 3 tries. Funny thing though i noticed, its a Melee cape, but you NEED it in order to damage Ice Strykewyrms, which are weak to Magic. So you gotta use a Melee cape when attacking them with Magic? Or are there like the upgraded firecape, a Range and magic version?