Moderator Recruitment Drive 2014!

Moderator Trainee Recruitment Drive 2014
Application Deadline: July 20th at 11:55PM GMT

gre_1405900500.png

General Information, About the Role, & Who Can Apply

We are looking for 2-4 new people to join our moderator team as trainees! If you're interested, active, and think you'd make a great moderator, keep reading!

What does a moderator do?
The most obvious role of a moderator is patrolling the forums to remove inappropriate content and handle user-submitted reports. Moderators lock threads, remove posts, move misplaced threads, issue warnings to users who violate the rules, and our higher ranked moderators also issue bans. But other less obvious roles (but equally important) include continuing to browse the forums as a regular user, being a leader of the community, setting a good example, and participating in private moderator discussions to form new policies, re-evaluating old policies, and working together with the team to make the Tip.It Forum as enjoyable as possible. Do not apply to join the team if you think the role is just about dealing with reports now and then. Trainees will be expected to do that too, but the most important part of the role is being involved in the community, being able to work together as a team, and constantly looking for ways that you can help improve Tip.It.

What are we looking for and what do we expect from new candidates?
  • Ultimately, we're looking for new moderators with initiative. We want people with a passion for Tip.It, fresh ideas to bring to the team, and the desire to implement them. If you can think of forum rules you don't like or policies you want changed, that means you have a desire to change things and make them better. Qualities like that make for a good moderator!
  • We need active moderators! We expect our trainees to browse Tip.It on a daily basis. We understand that sometimes you're unavailable due to holidays, vacations, exams, and other reasons, but on a typical day we expect daily participation. We want active and community-involved moderators!
  • Candidates must be confident in a leadership role. We do not immediately expect moderator trainees to lead themselves and function without guidance. We will be there to help you in the beginning! But as the months go on, moderators progress through the ranks and are expected to help train new moderators and answer their questions. Some moderators even go on to become admins, who are the leaders and managers of the entire website and forum! So it's important that moderators are comfortable in working with others and acting as leaders.
  • Being a moderator means you need a good sense of judgement, the ability to make decisions without bias, and a professional attitude. We're not a boring, serious group of people and we do joke around, but it's also important that moderators are professional in their decision-making and in the way that they interact with users in their official capacity (such as issuing warnings).
Who can apply?
  • Below are a list of requirements needed to apply:
  • You may not be part of the Tip.It Crew. However, you may apply if you are a member of the Editorial Panel or Tip.It Monster Hunting Team.
  • You must have registered at least 3 months ago and be active in the community.
  • You must have a post count greater than 150.
I applied last time and got denied - can I apply again? Or what if I have been warned or banned before?
If you applied last time but were unsuccessful, we highly encourage you to apply again if you meet the requirements! We are always re-evaluating our standards and changing what we're looking for in candidates, so even if you were rejected last time, you could be accepted this time! If you're still interested, give it a try!

If you have received a warning or ban from a moderator in the past, you are also still welcome to apply. We do not blacklist people who have broken the rules before. If you have broken multiple rules on multiple occasions recently, then yes your chances will go down. But we always keep an open mind. We will consider the severity of the offence(s) and how much time has elapsed since your most recent offence. We promise to be fair and consider everyone.
How To Apply

If you are interested in applying, fill out the below form and send it in a private message to Staff_Applications with the subject "Moderator Application." Remember, this is your chance at a good first impression! Put some effort into it, don't rush, and make sure you answer every question. We're only looking to accept 2-4 new people so put your best foot forward! A tip: it's usually better to write too much than too little! Good luck!

[b]Forum Name: [/b]

[b]Link to Forum Profile: [/b]

[b]RuneScape Username: [/b]

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Timezone: [/b]

[b]Boards you are Interested in Moderating: [/b]

[b]How often do you browse the Tip.It Forums? (How long each day or how many times a week) [/b]

[b]What does being a moderator mean to you? [/b]

[b]Why do you want to be a moderator and what would you bring to the team? Why do you think you deserve to be selected? [/b]

[b]What ideas do you have to help improve the Tip.It Forum (not the website)? What changes would you want to make? [/b]

[b]What do you honestly think about the Tip.It Forum (not the website) and community? [/b]

[b]Tell us a little bit about you! What are your interests, hobbies, aspirations, favorite sandwich, etc.! This is your chance to just tell us a bit about yourself as a person: [/b] 
  • Like 1

Good luck to everyone!

As @Randox pointed out, we do have fun. Infact, that chats we have in the various staff Skype chats, or IMs with other staff, often end up being some of the funniest conversations I've had. It's amazing that we get anything done. :P.

In all seriousness, though, getting to know your fellow staff will likely be one of the biggest perks of this position. Learning our procedures, getting to chat directly with Crew and often times being able to provide feedback, and perhaps moving on to other staff positions - the experience is unforgettable.

Even if you're unsure, don't hesitate to apply. We'll talk with you and figure things out from there!

Look forward to the new recruits! :).

• Like 4

09144a99bb.png

I gave it a shot =3! Will be curious to the results.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Been a tipster for years, really would be fun to give some time back but I think peeps who know me would laugh at the thought of me moderating  :D .  Would be a awesome to do though. |^_^|

[qfc][/qfc]jewelfire.png

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone who sent us an application. We had a fantastic response to this drive in both volume and quality. 

It is my hope that I will be able to send out all the responses sometime between the next 24 and 48 hours. Everyone who applied will be hearing from me. We have more quality applications than we can accept, and the team is still debating, as of now, the final number of applicants we will take on, and who they should be.

• Like 1