Character Name Clean-up

Miss Lioness

Character Name Clean-up

We’re updating the way character names work, so now you can grab that name you’ve had your eye on since you completed Cook’s Assistant and change your name more often.

Members will continue to get one free name change per month, and we’re now offering you an alternative way to change your name as many times as you like on top of this. Redeem one Bond to swap your name for another, completely bypassing name change waiting time of one month.

As well as offering this new name change service, we’re working to release character names from dormant accounts. If you’re a member, you’ll be able to take one of the names we release completely free, as long as you haven’t changed your name in the last month.

Don’t worry though, your character name is safe. As long as you’re a member or recently active free player, your name is yours to keep for as long as you want it.

We’ll only be recovering character names from the following accounts:

• Former members who haven’t logged into their account for 2 years
  • Players who have never been a member who also haven’t logged into their account for 6 months

We’ll be sending out emails to all accounts affected. If that includes you, all you need to do to keep your character name safe is log into your account within the next seven days.

So, if you’re having an identity crisis or just fancy a change, redeem a Bond now to change your name and keep your eyes peeled. We’ll be releasing a list of the names we’ve made available, in batches, within the next few weeks.

The RuneScape Team

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Bahhhh. Still wish Jagex cracked down on name black markets. :(

This, of course, assumes that Jagex isn't the name black market.

:uhh:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

if i use a bond to change my name twice, does my name immediately become available?

answer: it does if you do 2 changes

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Is it a one-time cleanup? Or we'll have to log in onto our account once every 6 months/2 years forever to keep our name?

I want to know about this as well. :geek:

http://i.imgur.com/f1JQ3RB.png -- Image converted to link, click to view.

Yeeee

Damn them stepping it up so soon, those corporate bastards! I don't need to play (or want to play) anymore, but I shouldn't lose my original login name over it under any circumstances. I hope logging into FunOrb will be enough, as I really can't go losing 700 MB of disk space right now without ticking someone else off.  Heck, does Jagex understand the impersonation that can (AND WILL) occur over this kind of crap happening?!?!? :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "I'm [bleep]ing ticked off over this sudden change!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You don't instantly start downloading 700mb of cache once you log in, though.

You can just log in to lobby, then exit and close the client. Shouldn't download more than a few KBs, if not a few MBs.

You don't instantly start downloading 700mb of cache once you log in, though.

You can just log in to lobby, then exit and close the client. Shouldn't download more than a few KBs, if not a few MBs.

That hasn't been my mileage in the past.  Every time I generate a fresh cache directory, that much space is pretty much instantly lost.  At least until I kill the cache directory again.  It's like RS's applet enjoys slurping up available disk space on me. :(

~Mr. D. V. "What you've seen isn't what I've seen." Devnull

(p.s.: I've already reached the point where I know I would be out of my mind to ever load that applet again.)

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I really dislike the idea that they pawn off people's usernames in the first place. A username is an identity, it shouldn't be taken away from you. Especially not after 6 months.

• Like 3

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

IMO it should have the same restrictions as before; if the account has at least one skill above 30 then it gets to keep the name.

Then if the account doesn't meet those requirements, after 6 months the name is removed.

• Like 1

I really dislike the idea that they pawn off people's usernames in the first place. A username is an identity, it shouldn't be taken away from you. Especially not after 6 months.

on the other end, there are people that camp names, in accounts that have never really been used, numbering in the thousands

most of these aren't even planned to be sold, they just want to own those names

do these accounts add value?

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

<<<snip>>>

(p.s.: I've already reached the point where I know I would be out of my mind to ever load that applet again.)

And then I couldn't get an answer to whether or not I could use FunOrb or the website login page.  Damnit, I hate having to break down and load that blasted applet, but that's just what I had to do last Friday.  I am NOT going to let anyone on the net impersonate me on RuneScape. :wall:

~D. V. "I want to hit somebody at Jagex sooooooooooo badly right now!" Devnull

My FriendList is full of my old time friends that have quit a while ago, I keep them because sometimes one logs in and it makes my day! With this I guess I will log in one day and I will have a list full of "#player712940" and such?

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Finally! I can get Zezima.

:twss:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

<<<snip>>>

And then I couldn't get an answer to whether or not I could use FunOrb or the website login page. Damnit, I hate having to break down and load that blasted applet, but that's just what I had to do last Friday. I am NOT going to let anyone on the net impersonate me on RuneScape. :wall:

Trust me when I say this: nobody is going to want to impersonate you.

• Like 3
Sylpheed.png

<<<snip>>>

And then I couldn't get an answer to whether or not I could use FunOrb or the website login page. Damnit, I hate having to break down and load that blasted applet, but that's just what I had to do last Friday. I am NOT going to let anyone on the net impersonate me on RuneScape. :wall:

Trust me when I say this: nobody is going to want to impersonate you.

Joke's on you

I don't want to impersonate Dev simply because they are honestly one of the more genuine and nicest persons I've met on this site and I have a lot of respect for them

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?